No Telling What Can Happen

Submitted into Contest #14 in response to: And there's a twist! It actually all took place in the past.... view prompt

1 comment

General

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Addison. She was an average kid, making straight A’s and B’s, and she always hangs out with her best friend Noah. One day Addison wasn’t at school because she was feeling sick. So, after school Noah came to Addison’s house to check up on her, but when he arrived the door was wide open. Noah walked up to the door, it was 6ft5” and it had a dark blue color, it was cold and abnormal. Once Noah walked into the house the door slammed right behind him. While Noah was looking around looking for Addison and he stumbled across an old painting of an Russian soldier. Noah was confused on ‘why does Addison has this?’ He continued  searching for Addison until he heard a scream. Noah ran towards the sound and he found Addison, but it wasn’t her it was a Demon!


Then, Noah said, “leave us alone you monster.” Noah had woke up and realized it was all a dream until he saw Addison beside him saying,’’Hey last night was fun.” Then Noah asked,”What did happen last night,’’ Noah saying in confusion. Addison said,” You know what happened.’’ Then, Noah said,”Nevermind,” because he didn’t want to fight with Addison. The next day he was still thinking about that dream until the next day. The next day, Addison didn’t come in because she called in sick. Noah was spinning in confusion saying ‘Is my dream coming true’. So, after school Noah decided not to go and check up on Addison. But the next day was different, Addison was quiet, like she was scared of something so, Noah wanted to investigate. After lunch, Noah sat with Addison and asked her about what was going on and Addison said, “It’s nothing,” while she watched Victor’s every move. In which, made Noah think ‘Was Victor the El Diablo?’ 


The next day, Noah sat with Victor to discuss the situation. So, Noah asked Victor, “Did you go over to Addison’s house yesterday?” and Victor said, “No Noah! No lo juro!” Noah asked, “In English please.” Then, Victor said, “Ok, no Noah, I swear.” Noah was confused on ‘Why was Addison following Victor’s every move?’ For the rest of the day, that was what Noah was thinking about until he got checked out. After Noah’s doctors appointment, he went to Addison’s house to furthermore his investigation. 


At Addison’s house, Noah found the typical things a girl will have like brushes, stuff animals, hair ties, lots of clothes, and so forth. It was all fun for Noah snooping around Addison’s house, until he stumbled across a door that was locked and there was a bloody handprint on the outskirts of the door. Suddenly, there was a soft, but raspy, whisper that sounded a lot like a familiar sound. Noah thought to himself, “Is that Victor?” For the rest of the night that’s all what Noah was thinking about. The next day at School, Noah didn’t say a word because of what had happened the other night. All of Noah’s friends asked him about why hasn’t said a word all class. In Noah’s mind he felt like he was going crazy over a dream. During class, Noah thought to himself about the dream saying, ‘All I saw was a red demonish blur, like I was drugged. Could it be the El Diablo?” Noah went into a panic saying, “That’s probably why Addison was scared.” 


The very next day Noah went to ask his best friend Alex for advice. So, Noah walked up to Alex and told him what had happened, but knowing Alex he was confused on a dream becoming reality. So, Alex just left because he thought Noah was going crazy. Once Noah got to his house he heard excessive knocking on his front door, so he yelled for his mom and said, “Someone is at the door.” One minute later, Noah heard a faint scream for help that sounded like his mom. Noah ran down the stairs as fast as he can calling for his mom, until she was gone being held by the same demonish red blur he saw in his dream. So, Noah ran, but he couldn’t keep up, he started to cry because he felt like it was all a terrible dream. Later that night, Noah called the police, but they didn’t believe him. So, for the rest of the night Noah was crying himself to sleep over the thought, ‘Am I next?’


The next day, Noah went over to Addison’s house to hangout because he was scared to think about what might happen to her or himself. So, Noah asked Addison, “What wrong, and don’t say ‘it’s nothing’.” Noah saying in an aggressive tone. Addison told Noah, “It’s this demonish red blur, it took my mom, my dad, and i think it's coming for me.’’ All noah told Addison was, “The same thing happened to me, whatever this thing is it’s after us.” So, for the rest of the night they were making a plan to the destroy whatever the red blur was. At midnight, Noah woke up to go the bathroom, until he saw a room that was glowing bright red. So, Noah went and woke up Addison to tell her what he had seen and Addison wanted to check it out .Noah grab his shotgun just in case and they walked into the room and saw Victor. Noah yelled saying, “VICTOR WHY ARE YOU IN ADDISON”S HOUSE,” and Victor said, “I’m the depressed devil senior.” Noah and Addison stared at Victor with confusion and then Addison said, “You were the red blur?” Victor gave them a simple nod in agreeance. Then, Victor said, “All I wanted to do was have some fun  because I’M THE DEVIL!” Noah grabbed his shotgun and shot Victor once and ended him, at least that's what he thinks. Noah said to Addison, “This is going to be hard to explain to everyone that Victor was the Devil,” and Addison nodded in agreeance. So, After the fight with the Devil, Noah and Addison Went back to school the next day. The next day, Noah asked Addison to sit with him at lunch to discuss what had happened the other night. She said,” I can’t I got to meet up with Abby and Riley. During class Everyone kept asking, “Where’s Victor?” At the same time Noah was thinking, ‘Are they going to ask me if i know anything about Victor’s disappearance?’ At lunch, Noah told Addison not to tell anyone about what had happened the other night. So, Addison walked up to Riley and Abby, and asked them, “ What are you girls up to,” Abby said, “Nothing,” as well as Riley. Noah sat with Cayden and told him everything and Cayden believed him because he thought that something was up with Victor.


Later that night, Noah had a project due the next day. So, he spent the night finishing it up and then Addison called asking, “Can I come over?” Noah replied, “Yes, you can,” and Noah hung up the phone and waited for Addison to come. When Addison arrived Noah was half asleep because he was up working on his project, but Noah pushed himself to get up and let Addison in his house. That night they stayed up talking about what had happened to Victor. Then, they fell asleep and they were cautious about their surroundings. The next day, Noah turned in his project and made an 95% on it and he was happy for making such a high grade. During P.E Noah and Addison had to pick two partners for a physical challenge. So, Noah picked Cayden and Hunter, and Addison chose Abby and Riley. The physical challenge was an obstacle course. The girls were complaining besides Addison, She’s the competitive type, and the boys were happy because they wanted to try to beat Addison. But, the boys fell off the obstacles only one left was Addison. 






November 06, 2019 15:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Lukas Matthews
15:36 Nov 06, 2019

Its all base after real people but just with a twist of my imagination.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.