A Night to Forget

Submitted into Contest #74 in response to: Write a story that takes place across ten seconds.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Mystery Romance

Angelina had slept in she look at the clock wailing on her night stand it was 10:00 in the morning. She sat up slowly wondering where the better part of the morning had gone.

She place her feet solidly on the floor before standing up, the way that her head is spinning she is afraid that she will stumble over and hit her head in the corner of the night stand before her body comes to a rest on the bedroom floor.

Angie as she is affectionately known walks into the plush bathroom she sits on the toilet and tries to remember everything that had happened before. Angie drew a blank had she been drinking she didn't feel drunk. Had she been drugged; possibly, she couldn't remember a thing.

Angie walks over to the shower and turns on the water. She steps cautiously into the shower. She matters up real good but, before washing her lady parts she examines the area no visible signs of intercourse. Angie is perplexed what could have happened to her last night. Why is she so tired after sleeping in most of the morning- what time had she gotten home last night. Did she drive herself home, did one of her friends drive her home. Did she leave with a stranger?

Angie couldn't understand why she could not remember anything that had happened to her last night. Where Did she go when she left work yesterday?

She steps out of the shower and apply moisturizer to her hair and body. It's Saturday according to the calendar hanging on the wall. Angie is glad that it is the weekend she haven't missed a days at the office in 5 years since she was made a full partner.

Angie pours herself a cup of black coffee and pop's a bagel into the toaster it is a beautiful day so she decides to eat her brunch out on the patio with the sun shining it's rays on her.

She take a sip of the coffee scorching her lips. The sensation from the pain of the hot coffee causes a flashback it is now 11:50 in the morning. Angie embrace the vision hoping to get a piece of het memory back. 11:51 am Angie remembers talking to a tall, slum brunette woman with a tiny waist and busty bosons.

111:52 am She remember the woman offering to buy her a drink at an upscale bar in the city. 11:53 am She remembers her and the busty lady laughing and ordering another drink this time Angie offered to pay.

11:54 am Angie remembers getting up and going to the restroom alone, she had left her drink unattended. Angie head begins to hurt her.

111:55 am she offers to buy them something to eat but the busty lady refuses and insist that she finishes her drink so that she can order another round. 11:56 am Angie is feeling dizzy but, at the busty lady insistent she finishes her third drink. 11:57 am the busty lady offers to walk Angie to her car she tells the bartender that she will make sure that Angie gets home safely. 11:58 am Angie can barley keep her eyes open and she is unable to walk without assistance. 11:59 am a man in a gray sweatshirt and pants appears he grabs Angie by the hair and slaps her and throws her to the ground. He place his full weight on her. The pain jolts her into consciousness and she recognize the man she had prosecuted him in court for rape just 6 months ago. He says in a deep voice, "You remember me bitch. I am going to give it to you real good." He tells his friend to leave and the busty lady leaves Angie pent on the ground under his weight.

12:00 noon Angie remembers the man choking her and her reaching into het pocket and stabbing the man in the side of his neck with her daddy's favorite knife. He had given it to her on het 18th birthday when she left home for college. She had kept it with her all these years. She pushed the lifeless man body off of her and ran quickly to her car.

In just ten seconds her luxury life had changed. Should she call the police or her firm. She scoured the internet looking for a fatal stabbing but, surprisingly there was no stabbing reported in the whole city.

Angie gets a phone call from an unknown number she answer the call very professionally. The voice sounded vaguely familiar to her. The lady says you owe me, see i know what you did last night and I have the proof. Angie was terrified she hung the phone up and went quickly back inside her home she checked all the windows and doors and plotted what she should do next.

Angie realized that she had been set up. It took them less than 10 seconds to destroy the life that she had built for herself. She calls one of the partners from her law firm and tells him to come quickly that she is in real trouble.

Within an hour Franklin D. Whitehouse was knocking on her front door. She opened the door in a taste and nearly grabbed him inside of the house. Over a glass of vintage wine Angie told him everything that she could remember. He tells her that they should call the police because she hadn't done anything wrong; that it was self defense. Angie clears her throat and then tells him that the busty lady says that she has proof that it was first degree murder. Franklin ask her how can that be and Angie says, "There is a lot that I don't remember about last night. I don't remember the name of the bar or where it was at. I vaguely remember driving home but, nothing after that. I woke up this morning at 10:00am without a trace of blood or visible signs of bruising on me. I showered had coffee and a bagel and I got the call from the busty lady, then I called you."

Franklin scratches his head and says obviously the lady drugged you and she was working with the man to get revenge on you. Angie says, "We work the criminal justice system a good attorney can poke holes in a story where none exist and I don't remember much about last night.

Angie breaks down and sobs my life ruined in 10 seconds of pleasure and I cannot even tell you that I had a good time or not.

Franklin tries to soothe Angie and agrees to stay quiet for now and that the two of them will work the case together and they will start by trying to locate the bar so that they can find the busty lady and get the information that they need to prove that Angie acted in self-defense.


December 25, 2020 01:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.