1 comment

Fantasy Romance Drama

Shirley bass account on love

Looking back at the time , when I thought love had died . I remember him visually his hair blonde and radiant , his smile dazzled but his teeth like a bunny a sweet delicate bunny . How he made me feel , floating on clouds of light .

He made me feel special, however that love and first date was not going to end as a walk in a park . Instead it ended in a disaster hitting out like an earth quake shuddering over the world tearing the world apart.

He told me forever he lied and in that single moment I lost him to another woman ,or shall I say girl , younger more elegant than I could ever be . So now as I look in the mirror I see depths of my despair I see my life flash before me a woman at forty all alone with her at as her only friend .

I don’t want that snap out of it I say to myself you are going on this date not every man is like Alec Reed .

I can’t do this though I look fat in this dress I look old and wrinkled even though I am only thirty years old .

I look back at myself in the shimmering mirror .

No I can do this and I am going to meet my blind date..

Eddy turnips account on meeting the one 

It was only meant to be an hour when his friend Luke had told him about meeting this mysterious woman she was tall brown hair and loved to write . 

However she was haunted , haunted by a past , Luke hadn’t said what her past was so it made me feel quite scared , excited and the adrenaline was definitely sinking in .

When I think of love and finding the one I think of life and laughter I dream of her as a tall bright individual I usually set the bar quite high that’s probably why my failed expectations of dating have been an epic blown up shake .

Milk shake spilt from the carton , but this time I try to make it different I try to think that this woman could be the one . 

But what if something goes horribly wrong like the dishes being not cooked right or plates smashing up in the air through my clumsiness 

No I am thinking too much into this 

As I do a final check in the mirror I scrub up well let’s hope it’s going to go plain sailing ...

The date 

Fancy flowers , red wine pouring , 

That’s how some dates go but eddy and Shirley seem to gaze in one another’s eyes .

And they seem to be lost in tranquility all until this love at first sight is interrupted by a phone call buzzing on the table ...

Oops sorry says eddy it’s work .. they need me back in the office .. 

But you know what he says to Shirley I’m having so much fun here I’m going to stay work can wait .. from that moment on Shirley felt happiness a feeling she had not known for a long time .

So Shirley tell me about yourself 

I always see life through the eyes of 

Love and love is beautiful but to find it we must Cherish it ...

Mesmerising by the words of Shirley 

Eddy leans in I think that’s absolutely beautiful...

Shirley bass review on the date 

No one has looked at me this way before he is so thoughtful , kind and caring but I have to be careful I know my heart likes these feelings 

However no one has looked at me like that not even have they come close to staring at me beautifully .

Lost in this moment I wish I could stay here forever ...

Eddy turnips point of view on the date 

Staring in those beautiful eyes , I can’t quite get out of my head this remarkable woman standing before me , although she seems troubled but beautiful with her words and style I think I am in love I think I have found the one ..

And the best part is I can be myself with her she just gets me I want to know more about her , 

Her past endures me her looks console me , this is it as I lean in for the kiss my heart quickens and I almost forget time and space as if it ever existed.

But as I lean in I feel her close the gap and I almost believe she’s not going to kiss me or is this real , but she surprises me and I kiss her

As we kiss it’s a long passionate kiss and I can feel fireworks explode in the air and if it’s love plays in the background the moment couldn’t have been more magical ...

I feel bewitched mind, body and soul 

I wonder if she feels the same , but reassurance seems to enter my mind as she kisses me intensely and loves me forever 

It’s magical , and beautiful 

I love her I know it’s rare on a first date but I love her from the moment I met her , I fell deep in love .

And I can feel the connection we have that fire and ice love it’s beautiful and as the kiss ends I’m saddened by being apart from her but I know it’s going to be the start of something magical , something beautiful ...

Shirley bass account on the date 

He kisses me and he kisses good I don’t think I have ever been kissed like that it feels good ... 

And his everything I thought he would be I am lost in those beautiful brown eyes

And I feel we have a deep connection one that holds together ..

As I think back to tonight I know it’s the start of something beautiful 

I think back to my thoughts of not even going tonight and can’t believe I almost missed this opportunity of love 

I’m in love I want to shout it from the rooftops I found the one 

And I never want this night to end he feels the same 

As we both walk hand In hand the date ends beautifully and the night is magical as the moon shines down we kiss again and there is more kisses to come in years of happy marriage ...

August 28, 2020 19:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

VJ Hamilton
20:23 Sep 16, 2020

Hello Leanne, VJ here from Critique Circle. Lots of swoony romance in this. If it's not too personal a question, what was your inspiration?

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.