0 comments

Adventure Coming of Age

This story contains sensitive content

The sun was shining as they were coming close to home.armsvlinked feet dragging,and Helen s head on Russell s shoulder.it was just before five,the early street lights were glimmering in the street.but that night was different.they didn't want to go home but nowhere else to go why . thought.helen.everything was good, happy.and Russell replied.not the first time that's why the pigs don't care.

She had done it before with her back pack full of food and clothing and water. It was time to disappear again.shevlookef up to Russell to back her up and agree d.things had changed in the last five years for them and they were playing music as buskers on street and sometimes in local pubs not telling there parents about the pubs.tgey then found an old betting house with broken door and smashed windows .kids usually went there to be alone and but she hated to be alone just wanted to sleep there more .and in they went to an old mattress there just to sleep more .when woken a police car seen out front but they the police just looked at the old house and drove by..abdcthen it was back to there band rehearsal on their school holidays and the rest of the local suburb.noe the reason for Hellen s runaway .her dad was a sleaze and get mum s drunk .when after rehearsal Helen tried to see what would happen if she went home to her parents .but as she lingered out front she could hear her mum screaming and her little sister ran outside and glad to see her big sister Helen and grabbed her hand and ran away from fast from the parents house. Though Gracie ended in foster care as she was too young to tour on street with the band on the street.especcally around the pub playing but as years went by Gracie took off from the foster home and took to street to find her sister.but no sighting of her and the band .and ending allshevtook herself as a prostituting to earn money for living to buy food soon she starts buying drugs and ends up arrested and sent to prison where she slowly died of also her alcohol addiction withdrawals few years later the band had been discovered of splitting up and Helen always beind a secret bookworm reader went off to another school so she could study a degree to work as a librarian on s prestigious library on the coastal areas.and her wish came true when making moving to a gold coast town in Australia she gotten her job in a private school library and as though she never had a chance to Marry right man as the years went by and so she took to writing romance stories cure of her lonely life and as she aged she had been happy to go into a aged care home. As for Leo well it is he became a police officer and his job took too much of him and ended in a state mental health services with a breakdown and shocking suicide when the hospital ward end seen Leo hanging on top of the door frame with a note pinned to his head saying. Such is life .

And Russell had a nervous breakdown when long time girlfriend Helen of so many had left him .and well he shot himself after many years of experience of his heart broken.

Well at least Helen of all of of the them had done well in life without her going through a breakdown of any at sort. And while she worked at her private school as a library attendant and of course went through her own loneliness of never been able to marry or even finding another loving partner after breaking up with Russell but realised she still had her new friends band a great job and had decided to publish her own romance fiction now on the opposite side of the band members of the local suburb where the local would be great to hear from but split up when on their way to a record based deal that and that well such is life in the band . industry ball bands that go through some hardship and ahave some sort of breakdown or loss big deal.wellnyhstbis another part of the band members.especially helens and Russell s band .when all was too on the fine and went and went hey wire and all that you all the best regards and have a great day that was the way the four of the band members of the name mirror mirror.. well as the years went by and pick up the rest of the local cafe now on the street who were gotten a response from the old parents Helen s mum died of being beaten to death and her dad had passed awayvwge not money to buy his booze and die s of withdrawals badly .and the police drive by looked and taking photos of the parents home and the Cafe turned with a new gang of street violence and coffee addict gang s who killed many women and rape them. And so many arrest and more violence gangs came out .well it is now the 21st century and all is changed no more teenage up and coming Band s around just more violence gangs around and slot of prison sent and came out in and out no stopping this.and that like the first band members long long age said such is life.and this is the rest of the local suburb where the local suburb of the local cafe oncevs pub. Now a criminal gang hang out.and police on alert day and night in this old suburb town once quiet and now a roungh suburban town .the local cafe of coffee addict gang of the local suburb.the end of this story.of love and hate and betrayal and one happy end of one perfect old band member , Helen.well good to hear from the one who made a successful career in the library attendant.

November 20, 2023 22:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.