10 comments

Friendship Science Fiction

--- 1 Week Later-----

I felt the cold stares follow me as I run out of the building. If I could cry they would be streaming down my face like a waterfall, but I cant so I scream. I run as fast as I can out of the school and down to the park, my mechanical breathing coming in gasps. Why cant I be normal I think to myself in a scream, Im angry at myself but I shouldn't be. I should be mad at Tod Walker, the man who created me.

-- Present Day --

"Audrey! Wait up!" The kind but crazy voice of my best friend floods my ears, her loud footsteps clamp up behind me. I turn around and smile, I was very pretty but Kelly was too. I had long brown hair, blue eyes, freckles, and a great smile. Kelly on the other hand was a blonde with shoulder length hair, green eyes, freckles and also, an amazing smile. If I wasn't...different, I could have all the guys in the school, but Im different, its impossible to get a guy. Kelly got all the guys, but shes normal, pretty, smart, and funny, who wouldn't like her. "Hey Kel!" She engulfs me in a hug, Im a bit taller then her but not by a lot. Im 5'7" and shes 5'6". "So I talked to Kyle..." I stare at her, thats the guy I like, hes one of the most popular guys in the school. Blue eyes, curly hair, tall, and a star football player. Its not like we dont talk, we do but most of the time Im just too scared to talk to him. "You did what?!" I start freaking out "Dont worry, he said good things about you" She winks at me and walks off, I just stare at her in awe, she must be lying.

In one week there's Prom. All the girls are getting asked with cute prom-posals, and cute couples roaming the halls. I smile and clap like im happy for them but I know that could never be me, no guy looks at me and if they do its cause they think im some new girl whos super hot but then they realize its me. Im different. Im an AI, but I look exactly like a typical teenage girl. Im the only one in the world, but their working on more so im not the only one, but I hate it. Why couldn't I be normal. "Did you see the proposal out in the hall?" I hear Kelly but my head is in a different space. I pick at my food, not wanting to eat. The food here was disgusting anyways. "Audrey? Audrey!" I snap back and shake my head "Hm? Oh sorry" I plop my fork down on the table and sigh "Im sure he'll or someone will ask you" I shake my head and look at her "You dont understand, they think im weird because im an AI." "Well then they dont deserve you if they think like that." Kellys phone buzzes, and she picks it up "Hey um Audrey can you go outside?" I raise my eyebrow. "No, why would I do that? Is there some alien out there?" She glares at me and I groan "Fine but your coming with" I stand up and drag her with me before walking outside. I see Kyle standing out in the field, the football team all holding signs "Looks like hes asking someone, he just wanted to rub it in my face its not me" Kelly rolls her eyes and drags me over to the field "Hey Audrey" He smiles his perfect smile at me, I look at Kelly, eyes wide. She winks and back up. "H-hey Kyle.." I say nervously but smile. The football players each hold up their sings one by one, which read "Audrey, Will You Go To Prom With Me?" Then an arrow pointing at Kyle. He then gets on his knee with flowers in his hand, I smile brightly and run over and hug him "yes! Yes of course" I laugh in shock and happiness, if I could cry tears of happiness I would.

It was the night of the prom, a week since Kyle asked me to go. "Audrey can you hold this back for a second?" I nod and hold her strands of hair back, she was doing a braid around her head then curls below it, I was putting my hair in two french braids, messy but cute. My dress was black, long, and flowey. Kelly's was a baby pink, short and tighter. We finished up our hair and headed down the steps, where the guys were waiting in their tux's. I smile, If someone told me Id be going to prom with the guy of my dreams I wouldn't believe them. But here I am now, walking down my stairs, to Kyle, for Prom. I smile and take his arm, give my "family" a kiss on the cheek before walking out the door.

It was the day after prom, the halls were bustling with kids laughing, and talking about how great of a time they had. It was amazing, except for the side comments of how I shouldn't be there, and especially not with Kyle. I hear the snickers behind me, the familiar sound of Kaleigh Smith, the most popular, but also the biggest jerk in the school. She taps me on the shoulder and crosses her arms "Hey freak" "Look whos talking" I snap back. The "oohs" and "Dammmnn"'s set off around us, I ignore them though. "You shouldn't have been with Kyle, you know he's mine" "Obviously not if he went with me" I smirk "He only feels bad for you ya know, your just a freak dork who tries to act human" my heart drops, she knows thats what gets me. Anger bubbles inside me, "Shut up" She smirks, "Id rather not freak." Her friends echo her, mocking the word "Freak" "Loser" and "wannabe" I see Kyle come around the corner, thinking he was coming to save me I smile, but he wraps his arm around Kaleigh and kisses her. I stare before turning and running out, Kaleigh calls after me "Yea, run freak!" then laughs.

I felt the cold stares follow me as I run out of the building. If I could cry they would be streaming down my face like a waterfall, but I cant so I scream. I run as fast as I can out of the school and down to the park, my mechanical breathing coming in gasps. Why cant I be normal I think to myself in a scream, Im angry at myself but I shouldn't be. I should be mad at Tod Walker, the man who created me. Tod Walker was the first person to create an AI who looks exactly like human and acts as one too, they thought it would be great but they were wrong. Its terrible. I scream again and start towards the Lab, its on the opposite side of town but I dont care, I cant live like this anymore.

(Part 2??? Lemme know if you want it!)

February 25, 2021 04:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

10 comments

15:28 Mar 05, 2021

Hi, I really like tour story. Its interesting.from beginning to the end and the fact that she's bullied because she's An Android. Geest story! Looping forward to reading more of your stories :-) Xx Angela

Reply

Austin McCreary
02:16 Mar 06, 2021

Hi Angela! Thank you SO much!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Austin McCreary
02:16 Mar 06, 2021

Hi Angela! Thank you SO much!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Austin McCreary
02:16 Mar 06, 2021

Hi Angela! Thank you SO much!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 9 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.