0 comments

Drama

“Hey Sam, you are late again, so you have not all changed right, the same chap as you were many years ago. So welcome the late comer Mr. Samson Grand the famous astrophysicist who just missed his Nobel Prize for his work.” Sam laughed aloud saying,” Don’t pull my leg, I was just nominated for the Nobel Prize but someone was luckier than me, he bagged it. May be next time will be mine for sure”. “Yah, I know you are capable of doing so, hence no further ado, you have a surprise”. Ronnie D’ Costa just vanished and he was with someone next to him. Sam was truly flabbergasted by seeing her. She was so stunning and gorgeous. Ron was holding her arm and he escorted her. “Sam, I just wanted to give a surprise, Meet Kathy or you can all her Catherine, she will be entering my life after a few days as my partner in business and life too. Isn’t she gorgeous? Kathy gaped at Sam for a moment and with a heavy breath she said, “Hi, Sam”. “Do you know,” Ron interrupted, “I think you and Kathy would get along well with each other, Kathy is a perfect woman, she is a beauty with brains”. She is also a research scholar in astrophysics. “I’m not for science, I’m just a business man, and I will leave you guys together so that you can talk about your field without any hindrance of a lame man”. Ron laughed aloud and went away to welcome the other guests. Before leaving he just bent over Sam and whispered “Don’t you dare to eye on my girl, I’m leaving her with you because she wanted to converse with you about her research work.” Ron smiled and winked his eyes. He was such an adorable chap.

Ronnie D’ Costa was a business man and an entrepruner.  He had out up his firm all by himself without anybody’s support. Though Sam and Ron were from different fields they had become best buddies. Their friendship was admired by all. Ron was launching a new gadget of his telecommunication firm, a tiny palmtop to which had the most features than any other tech gadgets would do. He was launching his dream project and hence he threw a party. Sam was the first on the list of guests and many tycoons from the business world as well as from the political scenario were welcome for the party. Kathy his soul mate who would become a partner to his self made firm was also a center of attraction at the launch party. People were curious to see a Ron’s selection who would partner his firm. His selection proved the best Kathy, the beauty with brains would now hold the responsibility of chairing the business and also his life. Everybody was happy for Ron and his achievement but there was someone who was not happy.

“Mr. Samson, It’s my pleasure to meet you in person, you are one of the most sought among the astrophysicists. The theory of quantum physics that you have jotted out is a great help to the field of astronomy. And I feel overwhelmed working on it with the help of your theories you have proposed. “Kathy was engrossed in sharing about her research work while Sam looked at her in vain.

A few years ago, Sam was doing his masters in a renowned University along with his research work. He was a busy man with a little time to give himself. His parents always complained about his engrossment towards his career and less exposure to the other part of life. Sam was always in his own life of science. There was no place for other things in his life. This thing made his parents feel miserable hence he had moved out of his house and was staying alone with his passion towards astronomy.

That day Sam was returning from his research lab, it was a bit late around 2:00 am in the morning. He was driving his car fast so that he could reach home as he was very tired and hungry. All of a sudden he found someone being pushed in the mid of the lane. That was sudden, yet Sam put a firm foot on the brakes. But the faint figure which plunged on to his car was a young girl. She was completely tarnished and bruised. It felt that she was physically abused and molested. Sam lifted her and took her to nearby hospital , later he took her to his house , as she was still in a state of shock and couldn’t be left alone in that condition.  He took care of her until she regained consciousness. The girl thanked him and from that day they got together well. Their interests were the same and they wound up in a new relationship. Everything was going well, she was very clever and intelligent, and hence Sam could gather help to his studies. One day she said “Sam, You saved my life and you have showed me a path to survive against all odds. I’m not the right partner for you because I was bruised and tarnished by some vandals who destroyed my life and threw me on the streets. You have helped me a lot, but I can’t stay with you anymore, so please let me go.” She just walked away as she came into Sam’s life. Sam was just flabbergasted he couldn’t speak a word. That stranger who had become a part of his lonely life just vanished all of a sudden into thin air. Though Sam couldn’t handle it he just tried to forget the incident and moved on with his research work.  But one thing he found out was, something was missing in his life.

Life moved on and Sam was nominated for the Nobel Prize but someone else grabbed the opportunity. This came as a major shock to Sam but he pushed his negativity with a smile and worked hard to compete next.

Sam was just sipping his cold drink then all of a sudden Ron pats him on his back with a bang . Sam turned back to see a surprise the Nobel laureate for astrophysics , the person who had defeated him. Gabriel Stark was standing right next to Kathy. Kathy introduced him ,” Mr. Sam, meet my brother Gabriel .” Sam couldn’t handle those words. He just fell down with a bang. Memories unleashed , the girl he had saved was none other than Kathy and the missing thing in his life was his research papers which were stolen from his lab. Sam had fainted and with a feeble voice he spoke “Ron, don’t trust her she has deceived me, she stole my research papers to help her brother and now she is trying to grab your property “ His faint voice was unheard his eyes were drooping , unable to see a clear picture of what was going on , but he could feel the laughter, it was Ron who was laughing aloud with his hand holding Kathy.

August 28, 2020 14:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.