4 comments

Mystery Drama Fantasy

I was drowning in darkness. Black. All Black. Not even an utter movement while the whistling wind smeared against my cheek. Wedding bells, childhood cries, soul ripping screams alarmed my ears.


The numbness in my brain made me question if I am still alive. Did I turn blind? Did I lose my way? all sorts of questions raided my mind. Phosphenes simultaneously curtained my eyes while rays of lime light flashed at me. White. A classic bouquet of white roses was held by my gloved hands.


Walking further into the rays of light I could see roses again, specifically black roses entwined against finely cleansed mirrors. I had a look upon my state. I was wearing a pale garished silk dress.


Upon my constant stare at the black roses, “It’s quite expensive love” a selcouth, deep and man-like voice whispered.


I peaked a glance at his curly black hair with blended highlights of golden, his eyes as blue and deep as the ocean with a hint of mystery. “I warmly welcome your presence, afterall your story is quite astonishing young lady.” he softly spoke while we both faced towards the mirrors.


I questioned him with a shrilling voice “Story? What story?.” Almost as if he ignored my question he continued with his so-called theory about the roses. “Black and white roses. Do you know what they mean?”


“White is a symbol of…” I went mute while staring at myself in the mirror, my younger self all cute and chubby . Those little cute toenails to the shiny little eyeballs I could see all of it- my own replica- me as a baby.


“That’s right love, innocence and purity reflect your white roses.” My heartbeat thumbing as though I saw my childhood crush. I was cold, ice cold it literally felt like I was on an island with Absalom. I gathered the courage to turn back and inspect the young man standing behind.


I tried to halt my tears while he put his warm blazer around my shoulder. “You will need this more than you think.” he stated with confidence while handing me a red rose.


“Love, this rose symbolizes the confession of a human like emotion called love.” he said it as though he was not human. I was too occupied to think about anything now. Thoughts about roses- black, white and red clouded my mind.


Darkness filled the atmosphere once again. A five-fingered creature pulled my hand and my back clashed against a dusty wall. I was certain it was him, his pungent cologne left quite a bit of impression on me.


We were on the run!


It seemed as if we were running away from something. “Don’t look behind love” his breathy voice echoed in the darkness. It felt like we were the only ones running, considering the fact that that I was barefoot and his hard- fast moving footsteps was the only thing I could hear.


Ssssssss…. snakes surrounded us, not ordinary snakes- snakes with holographic skin and as long as a mythological unicorn’s horn. Although there was no light it was quite visible now-the snakes glowed in the dark making it bright enough.


I could not smell his cologne anymore…


Light flashed into my eyes again, but this time it was white. Black rose petals were scattered against the black tiled floor.

Soft hands covered my eyes; I felt a strange sense of relief. I have never been more certain than the fact that I was assured it was him.


“Vengeance.” he whispered while holding me hostage in a squared room. I sort of started to understand the situation bit by bit- it was all about humans. He made me think as if earth was no longer my planet.


There were mirrors here as well. I could hear scrutinizing screams- it was my voice! Moments where I cried and sat in a corner screaming and trying to get through life all reflected upon the mirror. The cold did not give me a break.


The halted tears dripped. I could not see it, it was painful, real painful. It felt as though someone hammered my chest, it hurt more than a fresh scar. I could not hold it in anymore.


“Stop! stop! please stop! I can’t take it anymore!” I screamed with all my energy while trying to rip off the black gloves I was wearing.

“It’s like attending my own funeral” I raised my voice while making eye contact with him. I could see tears in his eyes as well, he felt for me then why is he just standing there?


Red. The lighting changed to red and so did my dress. “Although your memories may have been erased you are my dear wife.” He was holding a wine red rose while marching through the room.


“Wife? memories? What? okay stop it this isn’t funny anymore” I knowingly smirked at him. “It was never a joke love, you fell for me on earth and I warned you this isn’t that ordinary human-like love.”


The fact that I fell for him did not seem to surprise me.


I stood speechless once again. He held my hand tight enough as though it was going to slip away, and marched towards a rusty gold gate with flowery entangled branches while I dragged along .


I could hear screams more gut-wrenching and painful than that of mine. It was a maze which he seemed to know the way of. The walls were high as though it was designed for prisoners. “I would like to introduce you to someone” he said while bringing forward a man..

A three headed man!


I tried to stay calm considering the fact that more surprising events took place earlier. “Lily, this is Cerburus.” I stood mute while he introduced him.


“H….Hello” I greeted him in a soft tone.

We walked ahead but I was so lost in my own thoughts that I had no clue where we were headed.


I saw a chair.. made of …….

Bones! with pink roses wrapped around- perhaps to make it seem less of a scare.


“I am Lucifer, your dear husband.” he whispered while leaves susurrated against the wind.

March 26, 2021 05:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Aman Fatima
18:11 Mar 28, 2021

Its quite an intriguing story.

Reply

A P
18:54 Mar 29, 2021

thankyou<3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
SAFANAH PATEL
14:16 Mar 26, 2021

Very nice story,loved it the plot was quite astonishing and you have a wild imagination.

Reply

A P
14:18 Mar 26, 2021

Thank you, love<3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.