ReedsyCast Part 2: Sus

Written in response to: Write a story that centres around an Instagram post.... view prompt

29 comments

Creative Nonfiction Mystery LGBTQ+

CW: Language, stalking

Kennedy's P.O.V

------------------------------

"Next time, we're spending the night at your house, Max." I say glaring at him as he put his things away. He looks up at me startled. 

"Eh?- But you have more house space!-" He starts.

"Yes but my parents won't approve of us staying here so frequently." I reply folding my arms. "Especially not you, remember?" I ask sharply. Max laughs a little nervously, scratching the back of his neck. I nod, turning around. I blink, catching the questioning gaze of Inferna. I wave my hand telling them to leave it be. They nod slowly before tidying up their claimed spot. 

"I have to agree with Inferna…" A small voice called. I feel my body twitch with surprise and I look look at him, the baby of the group with dirty blonde hair. I sigh, processing what he said.

"And why is that?" I ask looking at Ky with tired eyes. He meets my gaze, then looks at Max, and then at me. 

"You two know almost everything about each other." He slides his hands into his pockets. I let out a small sigh.

"We've known each other since middle school. Isn't it normal to know so much about one you've known for so long?" Ky's eyes narrow, his little lips pursing as he thought about it. After a bit he shrugs.

"I guess it's possible." And with that, he walks off. After a few moments, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Those two really want to know.. Damn. I thought combing a hand through my hair. I made my way to the kitchen, hollering a list of random things I had in the fridge.

Later on we were all in my room. Inferna and Max were moving my coffee table towards the center of the room while Ky and I were tidying up the room a little. After all of that, the food(sandwiches for Inferna and Max, chips for the group, salad for Ky and some mac and cheese for me and whoever wanted some), we all feasted, talking about nothing and yet everything.

Rose's POV

------------------------------

I bit into my sandwich watching the group. I wonder what those two've done. I thought giving both Max and Eli a glance. I hum slightly before setting my sandwich on my plate. "I'll be back," I say grabbing a little pouch. "Emergency." Everyone acknowledges me leaving either verbally or with a nod, and I leave towards the bathroom.

Of course, I actually use it, but afterwards I unzip the pouch pulling out my phone. I set both the phone and pouch on the counter before hopping on it to sit down. Grabbing my phone, I start an intense(and speedy, might I proudly add) stalking session on both Eli's and Max's Insta. 

It took fifteen to twenty minutes for looking at Eli's and I just- couldn't find anything. Well, at least nothing pointing to anything s p i c y with Max. I sighed heavily before clicking on Max's.

A majority of the posts were about his drawings and little random tidbits of information. There were occasionally a few about the group but other than that- I froze. There was one post kind of weird. It had a familiar looking house as the picture. Immediately I clicked on it. Greedily, I read it, only for my shoulders to sag. That was Max's new house, I thought with a sigh. I left that post, and continued mindlessly scrolling through Max's posts. 

My eyes widen seeing a post that might lead to something. I clicked on it- and was just about to read it when I jumped as someone knocked on the door. "Inferna!" They shouted as I quickly shoved my phone into the pouch zipping it up. "Are you okay? You've been in there awhile." Kylo says. I turned on the faucet just to make him think I just finished up.

"Yeah- just a bit!" I reply drying off my hands and grabbing the pouch. 

"Kaayy.." He says, unsure. "The others were thinking about truth or dare- so hurry up." I soon heard Ky leaving and after a moment, I left the bathroom heading back into Eli's room. 

"Took you long enough." Max says with a playful glare. 

"Miss me?" I ask with a smirk, plopping down next to him. 

"You two.." Ky says softly, shaking his head. He was smiling. I couldn't help but grin. Max chuckled and Eli watched with amused eyes.

"So!" I clap, eyeing the three. "I heard truth or dare is on the table?" I dramatically raise a brow.

"Indeed." Eli says with a nod.

"You want to go first I assume?" Max asks.

"Of course they do- it's Inferna." Kylo says with a hint of a smile.

"Hey!" I laugh. I look at Max and Eli. "But yeah.. I do." I say quietly looking down a bit embarrassed. Jeez, I'm so predictable.. I thought with a nervous chuckle. Ky chuckles, and Max ruffles my hair. Quickly I look up at him: "Oi- no-" I laugh. He merely grins, pulling his hand away. Eli shook his head seemingly disapprovingly, but there was that tiny little smile. 

"Well then-" Eli starts looking at me. "Who are you going to ask?" My eyes widen. Who am  I going to ask? And what I'm gonna ask them? I thought looking at the three of them. A light bulb flickers inside my head and I smile looking at all of them before suddenly pointing at Max. He reels back a little, gently moving my hand from his face.

"Okay then." He says sitting normally after a few seconds. I pull my phone out of the pouch and unlock my phone. The post was immediately up. I scanned its contents. I smirked. I was right. I showed the phone to Ky first, who's eyes grew wide. He looked at the two confused and intrigued and then I showed Eli who's shoulders drop. "What is it?" He asks looking at the two confused, and slightly panicked, I noticed. 

I showed him the post. It was a year before the two said they've met, and yet… The picture was of Eli in middle school and the information bit was, while vague who didn't know Eli on any level, a bit revealing. "Truth or dare, Max." I say. Max blinked his eyes a few times, a look of frustration coming onto his face. He looked at Eli who shrugged with a small heavy sigh. I gulp. What the fiddlesticks did I just do?-

"A friend of mine dared me to stalk Eli for a few months that year.. After awhile he called the cops. Part of the agreement was that I would simply make that post private, and move, not contacting Eli in any way shape or form." He says tiredly. Kylo matched my confused and slightly scared expression. 

"After a year we crossed paths once more, however I knew a bit more about the situation.. So I dropped the restraining order." Eli adds, making sure Ky and I knew Max wasn't breaking any laws. I looked at Ky uncomfortably, and then at the two.

"That was.. Unexpected.." Ky says folding his arms, a sign of his discomfort. Eli shrugs, however Max never got rid of that annoyed/frustrated expression. I gulp. 

"Truth or dare, Ky-Ky?" Max asks, looking at the younger one. His eyes were softer- but I knew he was pissed at me. 

"Oh- er.." Kylo starts, a bit surprised. "Truth?" Max hummed a little. I shifted my legs, hugging them to my chest and resting my chin on my knees. 

"Fuck- I wasn't ready." Max says with a small laugh. "Have you ever kissed anyone?" Max asks with a vague shrug, tossing a hand up in his small bit of confusion. Immediately Kylo's face red.

"Oh?" Eli asked, intrigued.

"OoOOoo!" Max grinned. I laughed.

"Who, who, who?" I chant smiling wide. Ky lifted a bit of his shirt, hiding his face. 

"Aw.." Eli says softly. 

"Well-" Max says with a kind smile. "At least we know you've kissed someone-"

"He was so pretty!" Kylo says suddenly, a dreamy look on his face. All of us burst out laughing then. Masculine people- definitely are a yes. I agreed in my head. Soon, the laughter died down and Kylo asked: "So- Eli.." He says, dramatically swinging his head to look at the ultimate senior. "Truth or dare?" Eli hummed to himself. My eyes widen a little. Both of them hum when they think- I thought to myself looking between Max and Eli.

"Dare." He says simply. Ky grins. 

"I dare you to tickle Max." 

Max's eyes widen and he shouts: "No!!" with a laugh, and automatically, Eli lunges onto him, tickling him. "Ack!- Eli!-"

May 02, 2022 20:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

29 comments

time to spam some nicknames for u!! Kuro Monarch Shadow (it's actually the full version of Shade LOL) Naru-writer (naruto +writer, ill make it better dw xD) Ruu (i cant explain this one ohno) King of Lions (can be satire because :skull:) Yugure (meaning Dusk in Japanese hehe) L O N G P A R A G R A P H P R I N C E Ruler of the :eyes: OK IM DONE BAHAHHAA

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:43 May 03, 2022

O - O I- this... Okay lol

Reply

Crows_ Garden
16:18 May 03, 2022

No worries lol, there's just gonna be a nickname war

Reply

Crows_ Garden
22:24 May 03, 2022

XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

>:) i was kinda confused abt the it's inferna part but meh i loved it *deep inhale* this is so slice-of-life yet so mysterious :eyes: i wonder what's gunna happen nextttttt >:D

Reply

Crows_ Garden
23:17 May 02, 2022

XD I was trying to show it was common for Inferna to do somethin' like that- I'm glad you enjoyed it : D It's gonna be interesting tying the ideas together lol, part 3 might come out this week:eyes:

Reply

OHHHH LOL HAHAAHAH OK XDDD :EYES: :EYES: :EYES:

Reply

Crows_ Garden
23:23 May 02, 2022

Yeah lol *small amounts of regret*

Reply

Crows_ Garden
01:51 May 03, 2022

Stuff's going on so writing a story before the contest is over is gonna be difficult

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
20:44 May 03, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
22:24 May 03, 2022

Thank you *bows* Thank you thank you *bows* Thank you very much *bows* XD Yeeessss <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.