0 comments

Science Fiction

My life used to be perfect. Everything was normal and I was safe. Before , I loved to write about futuristic cities with monsters and aliens. For eighteen months, I was trying to make a rocket ship. I was almost done with it. Just a few more touches and it would be done. I knew exactly what I was doing.

I've been doing this for the longest. Finally at last! I was finished.

My project was finally done! I packed all of my stuff. When I was going out the door, I saw a picture of me, Mom and Dad.

I took it with me. The reason I'm leaving is because I wanted to leave because I wanted to explore space. I put my suitcase in the rocket and started the engine. There was no turning back now. The roar of the rocket started. I looked at the small circle window that I created. In no time, I was in space.

Everything was beautiful. I could see the stars winking at me. The sky was mixed with purple and blue. No other twelve year old would ever imagine what it would be like in space.

All of a sudden, I heard a knock. A knock? Why would anyone be knocking? I'm supposed to be all alone!

My heart starts to beat faster and faster. Was this a bad idea? The knock started to get louder and louder.

I curled up into a little corner, sitting across from the window. I covered my ears, hoping it would stop.

The knocking finally stopped. I looked up at the window. In horror, I screamed to the top of my lungs.

A green creature was staring back at me with his dark beady eyes. He growls at me, banging at the window, trying to get me. I ran over to the front of the ship.

Little did I know, I accidentally touched the launch button. The rocket started to get faster and faster.

When I looked at the window, the alien was gone. But everything is going so fast. I should have stayed home where I was safe and sound. But, I was too stupid enough. I was stupid enough to go anyway. My parents are probably looking for me.

The rocket landed on a planet and with a huge crash, I was knocked out. A couple of hours later, I woke up. I was out of the rocket ship.

It was broken down. My face was covered in blood.

I got up and around. "Where am I?" I thought to myself.

Everywhere I looked, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I overlooked the towering skylines. They were taller than Earth's buildings. Space ships were flying in the air.

The skies were purple mixed with a blend of dark blue clouds.

This was something I was writing about in one of my stories.

I got up from the soft ground. How did no one hear me crashing in?I walked to the nearest store. It was called Jen's machines.

That's a dumb name for a store but just shrug it off. A few blocks away from the store was an apartment. It was the most beautiful apartment in the whole world. Luckily, I had some money in my pocket. I really wanted to live in that apartment until I found a way to get out of this crazy place.

My ship broke down and there's nothing I could do about it. I opened the door to the store.

Inside the place was like an old vintage store full of machines and robots. No. It was like a fantasy world to me.

An old man was standing behind the counter. He doesn't look very old. Maybe that's Jen? Another man? Who knows but I'm going to ask him if I could have a robot. Why a robot, you may ask?

Because, I need a friend. I might be here for a year or two. I pray that someone will rescue me from this place.

I was now standing in front of the old man in front of me. His dark eyes were looking at me. He was wearing something that I've never seen before. He was wearing a long green neon bodysuit.

No one on Earth wore THAT kind of stuff; not even the mean girls at my school. On Earth, the girls wore leather skirts and graphic shirts. The boys wore black leather jackets and baggy jeans.

But this... that I was looking at? Yeah, I'm definitely in the future.

"So, are you just going to stand there?" The man asked, crossing her arms. His voice was deep. "Do you need anything?"

I hung my head. "What year is this?"

The man's eyes were wide open. "Where do you live, kid?!" He yelled. "Under a rock?"

I didn't understand. "What are you talking about?"

The man covers his forehead. "You DO know that this is Tarva right? Or are you that stupid?"

I started to flush. "So, what if I told you that I live in-"

"Let me stop you right there," He interrupted. "Just so you know, little girl. Any person that came here from Earth will be beheaded."

I kept my mouth shut. The man smiled at me.

"I won't tell a soul." He promised. "The name's Old man Jen."

He shook my hand. "A pleasure to meet you." I said. "Why would anyone kill me if I came from Earth?"

Old man Jen hung his head. "Well, you see, it was 20 years ago. A young girl crashed in front of my place. She was on a rocket ship. Everyone saw her. The girl's soft brown eyes looked around, she looked scared. I wanted to help her but people told me to back up, she might be dangerous. Most people started to rip the girl's skin alive by hand. Her screams; her blood curdling screams. I will NEVER forget the day."

My heart sank. If I told ANYONE that I was from Earth, that will also happen to me. I could tell my eyes that he was scared. "What happened next?" I asked.

His hands were shaking. "Just thinking about me makes me have flashbacks." Old man Jen's body was shaking. "They started to rip her intestines out like a hungry lion eating his prey. Guts were all over the road. You better hope that no one knows that your from Earth or your the next victim."

My world was falling apart. "So, do you have a robot for me?" I was trying to change the subject. I couldn't bear to listen to this anymore. Old man Jen went to his office. "Come here, little one." I could her his voice, soft and gentle.

When he came out, a small robot was following him like a puppy. "This little guy is Milo." Milo was hiding behind him. "He has been with me for the longest."

Milo walked to me. He was an orange robot that looked very similar to something I drew on Earth. He was a small 3D model robot. He was almost human. He had human features. Milo was very cute.

"Hi, Milo." I said in a baby voice.

Old man Jen turns his head to me. "Guess we have to give you a new name,kid." He says.

There was a mirror on the floor to my left. My short hair was light blue and I was wearing a light blue skirt with a blue shirt with short sleeves. I've changed a lot since I've been here. I forgot my name.

Looking at my hair, I had an idea. "Light." I told Old man Jen. "It's short for Light Blue."

The clock dings. "It's 8." He mutters. "Well, let's go."

I didn't understand. "What do you mean "Let's go?"

He smiles at me as Milo follows us. "You will live with me for now." I didn't have a choice.

Jen locks the door behind him. "There's my apartment right there." He points at the apartment that i wanted to live in. "That's where I live. I could see the huge city of Tarva anytime I want."

After we walked for at least 2 minutes from the store, we made it. We walked up the stairs. He turned to the right where his apartment was at. He unlocked the door to let Milo and I in.

"Welcome to your new home, Light!" He announced. "If you're hungry, there's some pizza and noodles in the fridge."

I closed the door behind him. "Let me show you where your room is." He showed me a dark room "This is your room., He says. "This is also Milo's room but I'm sure he doesn't mind."

Milo smiles at me. He had the sweetest smile. "I don't mind at all!"

Old man Jen yawns, covering his mouth. "You two kids will get along perfectly," He rubs his eyes. "Good night to you guys. Hope you sleep well."

"Good night, Old man Jen." Milo chirped. I gave him a little wave.

Milo turns his head to me. "I promise we will have a lot of fun!"

Just hearing his voice made me feel better. But all that drama that I've been through made me sleepy.

"Tomorrow." I whispered. I crawled into bed. To my right, there was a window. I could see the skylines. On Earth, it wasn't that big.

Milo lay on the other side of the bed. "Okay then." He says, his voice is very joyful. "Good night, Miss Light!"

He turned over and went to sleep. I looked over at him, a smile spread across my face. "Good night, Milo." I whispered.

You may think that this is a happy ending but it's not. This story is not all cupcakes and rainbows like the Disney movies you watched when you were younger. I have not changed at all. My body has not grown since I left Earth. I have been here on Tarva for the past 75 years now.

March 24, 2024 21:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.