0 comments

American Adventure

              THE IVORY WEB

The steam rising off the jungle produced its distinctive smell, a mix 

of decaying leaves and trees mixed with the light morning mist .A new smell of fresh coffee wafted past Michael .Stretching as he looks out the port hole, the mist on the river seems to close around him. 

Hey sweetie can you bring me my laptop when you bring the coffee? No problem, says Anna. Anna turns and walks to the Galley as Michael starts to climb out of the big aft cabin bunk. Anna, a beautiful Latin girl has been with Michael since she was 17. Michael has taught her how to read, write and much more, she is his constant companion. The sway of the boat is rhythmic as the waves of passing water taxi’s rock Sunyata. Sunyata a 55ft luxury sloop with sweeping classic lines was built in the early 70’s in Holland when they built fiberglass boats very thick. With a bottom of 3 ½ inches thick Sunyata is bullet proof ,it has the strength to sail any of the oceans of the world. Michael has lived abroad for 17 years and raised Two daughters onboard ,The oldest now a  eco science researcher with one of the top 10 New England Colleges. The other is a Yoga teacher and artist living in India.

Michaels background is so diverse that he is known as the Alchemist. Some friends he sailed with used to ask him to come lay his hands on their boats for he seemed to be able to fix anything he touched.

Anna came back to the cabin and gave him his laptop, coffee and a kiss. Michael tapped out a few codes and was instantly online. 

Today was going to be a very interesting and exciting one, for his new invention was to be unveiled to the world by his Chinese partners. There was electricity in the air so to speak which is exactly what his invention created. Michael had been working for 10 years to get to this point without being assassinated or bought off.  He was betting that his association with the Khan Family in Mongolia would be enough protection from the power of the world’s elite money brokers and industrialists. The world will be forever changed after today’s announcement, 

The markets and economy will crash and burn like an exploding supernova but out of the ashes will come a Phoenix to rise up and give the world unlimited sustainable energy forever which will eliminate most of the problems of the world.

Michael looked at the screen and could not believe his eyes. Come here Anna look at this, they have postponed the announcement! Why would Qui Khan do this? Anna run get me the Sat phone please.

Anna quickly ran to the salon and picked up the phone and handed it to Michael.

Qui had just gotten to sleep when the phone rang and she knew it was Michael . Hi Mr. Dandurand sorry I was not able to call today to tell you about the delay but things here have gotten really dangerous and we had to strengthen security. Before the announcement you should move to a secure location as soon as you can for we have a red level threat ,even though this cannot be stopped, the powers that be are really upset this is happening , they will be losing trillions when this is over so I suggest you duck and cover. I am protected here but you need to assure your survival for you are the one responsible for the domino collapse of the world’s economies, I am just providing you the means to do it. Good luck, the announcement will be tomorrow at 0800 Hong Kong time. I will talk to you tomorrow night and toast to a new world. Namaste. Yes Namaste replies Michael.

Michael breathed a little easier and thought to himself that things will be ok but I will move now just to relax and make sure of security. Jumping out of the bunk and pulling on his shorts and a T-shirt that said Save the bails Michael climbs up the companionway and into the cockpit and out onto the deck. As he makes his way to the foredeck he looks out over the river and sees a airplane flying low and heading under the bridge and sees it is a 1943 wiggin seaplane and instantly knows who it is and waits to raise the anchor. The plane lands and taxis over to Sunyata and as it gets close the front hatch opens and his old friend Paul sticks his head out and says , Hi my brother of another mother you going my way? Michael smiles and says come on board and you can help me raise my anchor, you ready for a short voyage? Paul is Michaels best friend from the Air Force who has been Michaels only real friend for 40 years. Sure, I am always up for a adventure Paul says, Where to?  Cayos answers Michael. Sounds great let’s go.

 Michael goes back to the cockpit and Paul starts to bring up the anchor. The plane taxis back to the middle of the river and takes off and the Sunyata starts to move forward toward the Caribbean sea down the winding Rio Dulce. 

The path to this started for Michael 37 years ago when his mother died, and Michael inherited $40,000. This was the catalyst that paved the way for his development.

Michael was adopted and grew up in a small town on Florida’s west coast. He Joined the air force when he was 20 and was working with the U2 and SR71 recon planes and gathering Intel on Missile installations around the word during the Viet Nam era and had access to documents that were Ultra Top Secret and archives that held the sensitive info the air force did not want the public to know about.

Michael was very active in accumulating as much info as possible for his mind was hungry for all knowledge. He always thought you never know when you might need to know something and wanted to know as much as he could and it was a continual process that came to a head when the internet came on line which was like a feeding frenzy for his mind.

Michael became very good at searching archives to find hidden information and was gleaning a lot of information from the internet, finding hidden information in every corner of the matrix and its connecting organizations. Michaels epiphany came after assimilating this information. A follower of Nicoli Tesla ,Michael was able to duplicated a devise that creates energy from the ethers that surround us and is found everywhere even in space. The ethers was discovered to be dark energy which was recently found it to be the most abundant energy in the universe. Capturing and Intensifying this energy Michael was able to create usable electric energy that can be drawn on upon demand. The devise cost only $550 dollars to produce 5Kw of electricity and can be sized for whatever amount of energy is needed. It took Michael 5 years of trying to finally have a working prototype. When he finally had it working he felt like God for it is a devise that was the divine design created by Tesla which was stolen and locked away by greedy and egotistical men such as J.P Morgan along with other industrialist of the time. Their greed and power lust, postponed this way of life for decades. Oh what a web we weave when we practice the art to deceive!

Now Michael is going to open Pandora ’s Box and have revenge upon the greedy controllers of the world and their power base. 

Michael and the Khan’s have proliferated this devise into the lives of 3 million Chinese before the announcement takes place, this way no one group or person can stop it . It has been a calculated journey to get this devise into 3 million homes secretly before it is announced and could only be done in China where secrets are easy to keep especially in Mongolia. There is no patent on this devise and the plans to duplicate it will be released at the same time of the first announcement. It is a gift to the world that should have been done by Tesla decades before.

                                               DAY 1

                                The Announcement and the Shockwave

Paul and Michael are closely monitoring the short wave radio waiting the announcement when they hear a small boat approaching. Michael reaches for his shotgun and goes up the companionway ladder to the cockpit and looks toward the approaching vessel. There are 4 armed men in the boat and a driver. Michael Putts the gun behind him out of view. The launch approaches close enough to recognize the driver Michael relaxes a bit. Hola Paco como esta Michael yells as they get closer. Bien bien replies Paco, total esta bien? No problemo ,Gracias replies Michael. The men with the arms are from the Honduras marine patrol and guard this area from poachers that try to fish and take lobster in this protected area. Hey Paco if you see anything moving in the area give me a call on channel 69 ok? Si Si amigo no Problemo. Michael goes back down to the salon where Paul and Ana are waiting. Well that was interesting but it seems we now have a patrol looking after us today which is a good thing. 

The time approaches for the announcement. Michael senses butterflies in his stomach sort of like right before a big sailing race.

The BBC radio broadcast comes on and Michael says quiet it is going to be announced. Everyone was sitting and you could feel the tension in the room. This is the BBC broadcasting live form Mongolia tonight with the astounding announcement from Kahn Industries that they have produced and put into 3 million homes a revolutionary power supply that will change the world as we know it. This devise has the power to meet all the needs in the modern home of today and it does not need to be replaced for 50 years and the cost of the home device is $1000. They say the devise runs on the energy that is created as the earth travels 69,567 mile per hour as it revolves around the sun which charges particles of dark energy from the vacuum and amplifies this resonance then puts it thru a capacitor to deliver the energy on demand. Kahn Industries also is saying that it will be releasing the plans and all proprietary information of this devise to anyone caring to duplicate it, they also are offering it as a finished product ready to install for $1000. Per unit. This is truly a game changing event which has immense and catastrophic connotations for the world economies. We will broadcast later today on the effect of this announcement as the world learns of its effects on the economies. We now have reliable information that all the world leaders will be meeting at an emergency session of the UN to consult on what actions will be needed to meet this change in power acquisition and how the world will change due to this device. 

Ok says Michael that’s it, let’s wait and see what happens now. Michael goes over the refrigerator and takes out a bottle of Dom Peron and pops the cork. Here is a toast to a new world.

   The Whitehouse Washington DC situation room with the DOD and the chief of Staff and the president and Vice president:

Well Gentlemen lets here your advice on this situation. General Dobbs rises and says well we have a couple of options and one is to fire a nuclear missile at Kahn  Industries and target all 3 million homes that have this devise and hope there is not another prototype left to be found. Sit down General says John B Doran the newly elected President this is totally out of the question and not even an option. The NSA has Intel that all the units that were disbursed in Mongolia are not the only ones that are out there at this time. I was told this morning after the announcement that 4 million units were on their way to the main areas of China, Singapore, Beijing, and most of the larger industrial cities. We need to focus on how to structure our financial base in order to keep it form a total collapse. Has anyone any idea on how to approach this problem? The vise President Linda Profit stands and says gentlemen I feel the only option we have is to restructure our entire energy base to run totally on this devise as quick as possible and to start changes in our society to handle this change of direction as quickly as possible and to realize the old game is over and the new one is already at play the sooner we commit to the change the better. We will need to start production on devises that will utilize this new energy source such as electric cars, boats. Ships, trains, etc… in other words all intermodal transportation devises. This way we will be getting a financial infrastructure started in the manufacturing and supply area utilizing this devise to supply the power. This is the only one way that I can think of to regroup our financial base and I would like to also add that the manufacturing should be done in a manner utilizing the best and the highest quality material and technology no matter the cost to produce these products are. They must have an almost life time durability factor so very little replacement or replacement parts will be needed. We need to produce a product without the old thinking of replacement and built in absolution but with a new thinking, a product of the highest quality and durability that you only have to buy once. This will make an influx of capital and jobs for the immediate future but very little residual capital. This plan will leave us a time space after production to have time to develop more R&D products that will make our lives more meaningful and give us more free time for reflection and higher thinking.

Very interesting says John I think this might be a small help in the near future but you must understand what we are losing now today and the days to come. The job losses alone will be devastating, we will lose all jobs with anything that has to do with the energy system, electric company will no longer exist, gas companies will no longer exist, and the oil companies will only produce for the manufacturing community. The only things that will stay the same and grow becoming less expensive is , food, and all products that are manufactured so the cost of living is going to drop drastically and as I see it life may become better even thou we will have a more evenly distribution of wealth. The Saudi Kingdom is about to lose everything and the middle east will no longer be a problem for they will have all the electric energy they need to rebuild but they also will need to turn to manufacturing in order to survive for all their oil will be worthless and probably cost $10.00 a barrel. As you can imagine in the next few days the world will be a totally different place.  

March 23, 2024 07:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.