0 comments

Romance Fiction Inspirational

Hello there. My name is Candy Marvoulyn, a tenth grader at west wood high and it’s been a week since I got back from the hospital.

I was in an accident and apparently it was bad. “apparently” you ask. Well,you see my friend. I can’t remember anything besides the things my mother told me.

People tell me that it’s for the best that I don’t know what happened to me but, I’m really curious to know why. What happened to me and why was it so bad?

“Candy, is something wrong?” my mother asks with a clear look of concern. i didn’t know if I could answer he truthfully. I had so many unanswered questions, but the only thing that could come out of my mouth was, “yeah, just thinking of my first day back.”

her gaze shifted as she said, “that’s good to hear.”

We were in the car heading to West Wood. If I was going to be honest. I was actually excited to finally get out of the house and see people other then my dog, but I was even more excited to crack this case.

We pulled up infront of the high-school. I took a deep breath as my mother parked the car. I glanced at her and she looked back, “you can always stay at home hun bun. You know that right?” I smiled and looked her in the eyes saying, “I’ll be fine. I want to see my school, I want to find out about myself. I’ll never be able to live in peace knowing that a part of me will forever be lost. I was given this life and I want to be able to cherish every aspect of it.” She smiled and opened the door saying, “Then let’s go.” I got out of the car, staring at the school. I couldn’t believe that this was actually my school. It was huge! Almost the size of a castle. “Mom… Is this really my school? I don’t believe you!” I start runing towards the door. The walls were white with hints of maroon pillars making the building pop. It looked so much like a castle.

I stop midway and scream back, “Mom! You’re joking!” She chuckled and said, “I’m serious, this is you’re school. You got in with a scholar ship.”

I walked through the doors and students were standing everywhere. They gave me stares of pure shock and fear. I slowed down, walking slower towards the office. I didn’t want to attract more attention to myself so I walked with my head down.

“Candy!?” I heard my mother yell, which only drew more attention towards me.

I started running. For some reason, I got this anxious feeling. It overwhelmed me…. Is this what people refer to as anxiety?

Only one thought rushed through my head and that was to get away quicker. ‘why are they looking at me?’, ‘who am I?’, ‘what happened to me?’. The more I ran, the more my thoughts taunted me. ‘HELP!’ I ran and I ran untill i bumped into someone. I looked up but all I saw was a blur. “Candy? Candy? Are you okay? What’s wrong?” the strange alming voice said. “How to you…. How do you know my name?” I ask trying to calm down my breathing. “You’re having an attack. Let’s get out of here before I answer your questions.”

He took my hand and I didn’t know what it was but… his hand set my mind at ease. I was still hyperventilating but… my heart rate was slowing down.

We walked to a beautiful grassland with lots of flowers. The field looked familiar, as if I’ve been here a million times before. He lead me to a bench with a beautiful view of the field. “Breath in, Breath out.” the calming voice says.

I look up at him and say, “I’m fine now… thank you but.. do I know you?” he sighed and introdued himself as, Harrison West, then said, “I can tell you what I know, but it’s not as accurate as you think it might be… but afterwards, you have to answer one question for me… how did you loose your memories?”

I nodded. “Well… here I go. You first joined in 10th grade at only the age of fourteen. You were a super genius.” he chuckled. “You aced all your subjects and I guess made some enemies….”. I looked at him and asked, “Enemies?” He nodded, then continued. “Emma Catheriyn had clear objections to you being two years ahead of your grade. She set up a petition to make sure you go back but… of course it didn’t work because you proved yourself.” I smiled, “I sound cool! But… who are you to me?”

His smile suddenly vanished and he became dark, “I am your…boyfriend. The reason we I couldn’t see you was… because of your mom… She didn’t approve of me being in your life because she thought I was a distraction… That didn’t stop us though at the beginning. We would secretly go to your secret hide out and we would spend our days watching the sun go down and there… " He stopped and smiled again, “There I would watch you study and read and you would rant to me about how simple romance truly is and how romance stories would make it sound complicated.”

He paused for a bit then continued, “But sadly… all good things come to an end. You’re mom found out about us and we were forced to seperate. I remember that after the last day I saw you. You began to avoid me, as if you no longer wanted to be in my life. That was the end of our love story.” I was shocked… that couldn’t have been the end, could it?

“Was that really the end? I don’t believe that!” “It was…Until you called me. That day we made plans to run away. We planned on running away to a hotel in last vages then finish our school life there and… get married.” Why’d he stop there! There must be more, I thought to myself. “What happened after that? Don’t end on a cliff hanger.” I sit closer him with anticipation. “Well, it almost worked out but… this is so hard to say but… Your mother found out about it and… while we were running, a ar bumped into you.. head first which might have caused your amnesia. I stayed with you in the hospital everyday and every night. Your mother and I made peace with each other but I was too ashamed to see you in person. Your mother had told me about that you had lost your memories which made me feel even worse.” He looked down with regret and guilt and even though I couldn’t remember him. It filled my heart with pain. I lifted his head up and looked him in the eyes and said, “I can’t remember anything from the past but… If you ask me, Everything that happened, made everything better. You and my mother… You guys would have never been made peace if it weren’t for the hospital and if I had a choice… I would do it again.” I smiled and took his hand.

We walked into school together and found my mother. I gave her the biggest hug and whispered into her ear, “Thank you for accepting Harry. I love you mom.”

My mother fell to her knees and cried. I sat next to her and hugged her as she cried and apologized. “It’s not your fault. Everything that happened came out for the best. We can let the past be the past and look towards the future.” I sat there with her for another minute and then I said my goodbyes to Harry as my mother and I walked to the office together.

“Oh yeah mom, why did everyone stare at me?” She chuckled then said, “They were all worried about you. They were filled with regret for being mean to you. They filled you locker with beautiful apology letters. They waited for you to return.” I smiled with reasurrance and walked hand in hand with my mother, looking nowhere but towards the future.

That is the end of my story. I learnt that say that… If I had not lost my memories, my life wouldn’t be this warm. I am thankful that I did. I can now, finally, look towards the brightest future with both, My mother and my boyfriend.

January 08, 2021 14:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.