I'll Go Down And Meet You In Hell

Written in response to: Write a story inspired by a memory of yours.... view prompt

57 comments

Teens & Young Adult Sad Science Fiction

This story contains sensitive content

CW: language, mentions of self harm/suicide, substance abuse, mentions of abusive household

The sky was filled of dark blues, oranges and even a little pink and purple. She eyed where she knew the device was once more before she pulled out her MP3 player and her headphones. That device: Teleporting Laptop v. 2.4, made of the foggy glass, was a present for her thirteenth birthday. Her only one, and considering the price, Elizabeth did not mind.

There was also the fact that she's been wishing for the T.L for three years now. Elizabeth, ever since telling her mother she wanted this, has kept up on the T.L's progress. Elizabeth even saved up for the T.F, the Teleporting Flipphone, at ten. 

Elizabeth turned on her MP3 player, smiling a little seeing the various artists her father downloaded onto the thing. Sighing a little, wishing her father was here, she played Cradle of Filth. Specifically Exquisite Torments Await, her father's favorite song by them. She inhaled deeply looking at the pillows covering the T.L. Her sister doesn't know she has it. She eyed the princess inspired bed in the room. The curtain was wrapped all the way around the bed, hiding the one who laid in it. 

Any bright light would ruin the secrecy, thus Elizabeth would have to wait til night to get the T.L running. It was going to be a long process, downloading everything from her T.F to the T.L, getting her account more current, updating the services, etcetera etcetera. She spent most of the few hours of daylight left, staring off into space, listening to music. 

When she saw her sister, in her nightgown dancing around the room, she knew it was bedtime. She continued to watch the sunset as if she didn't see Lynn moving around. Only when the younger one hug her did she show signs of being conscious. 

"Lynn!" She shouted with a slight laugh. She took out her headphones, turning off the MP3 player. 

"I need my hugs, sisi." She says looking at her with big wide eyes. Her mouth was in a thin line, reminding Elizabeth of the "0 - 0" emoticon. The brunette laughed again before giving into her younger sister's unspoken demand. 

"Make sure you get some good sleep." 

"You too, sisi." She responded immediately running off to give their mother a hug too. She put the outdated music player into her hanging basket, listening to the sounds of the house. 

"Go to bed." A sharp voice called out. 

"I am-"

"Go to bed!" Another voice snapped. Elizabeth calmly slid off the ledge the bay window provided, almost floating towards the door. She peeked through the crack, seeing her sister scramble towards the room. The two of them made eye contact. Mother was going to hurt him again. Lynn gulped, squeezing through the cracked door.

"When will it stop?" She whispered as Elizabeth shut the door. The teenager stared at the doorknob, not sure how to answer. His sounds of agony, however, answered Lynn's question. Elizabeth's fist clenched around the doorknob hearing Lynn let out a choked sob. 

"Come here-" She says, turning around, arms wide open. Her little sister quickly took the offer, hugging her tightly. Elizabeth wrapped her arms around her, slowly moving the two of them to the princess inspired bed. "Do you want me to get some melatonin and water?"

"No water after-"

"Lynn." 

"Yes please.." She says, sitting on the bed, looking at the carpeted floor. Elizabeth merely nodded before heading out of their room. She quietly closed the door, despite knowing the two arguing would cover the sound anyways. She shoved her hands into her hoodie pockets, eyeing the end of the hallway before taking a right, towards the kitchen. 

"Come on Percy." She heard her mother whine. Elizabeth froze. "Get up. Be a man!" She inhaled sharply, quickly making her way to the kitchen. I'm here for melatonin and water, not confirmation my mother's a bitch. "Fight back!" 

Elizabeth reached for the cupboard's little handle. "Quinn, just- stop." She quietly opened the door, tightly holding the handle. He sounds so, tired. "Think of Elizabeth and Lynn- you don't want them hearing this, do you?" The teenager sighed as she completed her quest. It's the same every time.

"They need to know how a man's supposed to act." Her mother said sharply.

"I-" He sounded frustrated. "Ignoring the toxicity of that statement alone- you're teaching them it's okay to hurt people- or for people to hurt them, that's not how-"

"I am not! I'm showing them how to get one's strength to show, how to show one's abilities- that's it!" I miss father… She thought to herself, opening the bottle of melatonin. Elizabeth quickly got two of the little pills out, hiding them in her hoodie pockets before setting the bottle down.

She looked at the water faucet. I have to turn it on. "Wh- no, Quinn. That's not how you do that-"

"You know nothing about strength nor abilities, hush Percy." Her mother said. "Now fight back." Elizabeth blinked, feeling her stomach drop. She heard her mother say this before, but the tone of her voice.. It sounded like the final villain in an anime. She gulped. Her mother sounded psychotic. She closed the cupboard door.

Elizabeth prepared herself, silently moving over to the sink. "No, Quinn." She reached for the faucet handle.

"How long are you going to keep resisting, Percy?" Her mother whined. Elizabeth heard the sound of something hard, hitting something else hard. She knew Percy stumbled back, he sounded in pain. She turned on the faucet, water slowly trickling out. Please Percy, do something. Don't be quiet. She begged as she had the little cup underneath the faucet, gathering the water for Lynn.

"Quinn-"

"Fight! Back!" Elizabeth decided she had enough, water or of her mother, she didn't know, possibly both. She heard another hit. With this thought she turned off the faucet making her way to her bedroom. She exited the little hallway, eyeing the end of the main one which led to the living room. 

She jumped in her skin, looking down when she realized she dropped the cup. It made a thud, the water spilling onto the carpet. She looked up feeling like a deer in the headlights. Both Percy and her mother were staring right at her. Frustration on her mother's and fear on Percy's. Her face quickly matched Percy's when her mother started walking towards her. 

Elizabeth sharply turned around, running forward. She heard the feet of her mother quickly following her. "Quinn- no-" He barked. She heard loud footsteps as she made a sharp turn, reaching for the doorknob. 

"Let go of me, Percy!" Elizabeth struggled trying to open the door. She let out a sob hearing her mother start hitting. She flinched hearing Percy make deep sound, she didn't know what it was- but it scared the shit out of her. Elizabeth finally got the door to open, and saw Lynn standing in the middle of the room. It looked like she was going to rush out to help. Elizabeth's heart sank.

"Sisi!" Lynn whisper shouted. The teenager quickly closed the door behind her before going to meet Lynn in the center of the room. The two jumped hearing, feeling, something big hit the floor. "I'm so sor-" 

"Here-" She said, fishing out the two melatonin. "You'll have to take them dry- but they'll help." She instructs, guiding Lynn to the circle shaped bed. "Get some sleep, okay?" Elizabeth asked, combing a hand through her sister's hair. Lynn took the pills, swallowing one before saying her quiet thanks.

She offered her one, but the young teenager quickly refused, telling her too so she'd fall asleep faster. Elizabeth tucked her sister in her bed, and proceeded to pull the curtains around the entire thing, making sure Lynn was hidden. "Sisi.." Lynn whispered.

"Yeah?" She responded, just as quietly.

"Can you do that little trick you did last time?" Elizabeth felt something inside of herself crumble. She nodded.

"Get some sleep."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Elizabeth leaned against the little wall as she sat on the ledge, staring out the window. The cool glass helped the headache the situation a few hours ago created, the hypnotizing swing swinging in the middle of the night helped. Elizabeth didn't know how long she stared off into space, thinking about everything yet nothing, but soon, she decided she had enough of the nothingness.

She stood up, careful not to hit her head on any of the baskets hanging up. She looked into the contents of each basket before finding the one her MP3 player and headphones were in, and where her T.F and other Teleporting technology lived. She sat down, spreading out the little devices. She put her headphones in, plugged them into her MP3 player, and chose to listen to Godsmack. Elizabeth made sure to have one earbud out, to listen to her surroundings.

She tucked the MP3 player into her hoodie pocket before gathering a bunch of blankets around her. She nuzzled deeper into her little nest before taking her Teleporting Laptop v. 2.4 out of it's hiding place. She plugged an opal cord into it and into her Teleporting Flipphone. Elizabeth heard the familiar and unique click beep the Teleporting devices made when the downloading process began. She inhaled deeply before opening the T.L. 

"Downloading Content, Apps, and Services from Elizabeth Carter's Teleporting Flipphone v. .001. Estimated completion of downloading is one hour. Fifty nine min-" Elizabeth nodded before reaching for the volume, sliding the little thing downwards. She turned up her music a little before looking out her window once more.

"Downloading Content, Apps, and Services from Elizabeth Carters Teleporting Flipphone v. .001 completed." Elizabeth looked at the Teleporting Laptop, seeing the pastel purple home screen of her T.F pop up. I was right, even that transfers over. She let out a sigh.

Elizabeth proceeded to spend who knew truly knew how long, personalizing her T.L and updating it. She let out a relaxed sigh, briefly closing her eyes. Minutes later she looked at her T.L. The various games and other platforms were shown on the home screen. She quickly changed that in minutes, before opening the platform Dewstone. 

She smiled hearing the small twinkle the app made upon being opened. It's galaxy themed main page calming her more. She enjoyed watching the small communities pop up like little planets, comets and the like. Her eyes widen seeing the various notifications from each of them. She sighed, knowing this was to be expected, thus sifting through the notifications starting with the communities she was on the least.

Nothing special was going on with the song writing communities, other than people liking her lyrics or following her. Or, Raven, her persona on those ones. The same thing went for her writing communities, few followed Moon however many enjoyed her crime stories fantasy or reality themed.

Elizabeth clicked on one of her roleplay communities, sifting through those notifications. After a few hours of getting rid of the like or follow notifications, responding to a few roleplays, and comments, she finally got to her most active community. She shook with excitement seeing the various likes and follows on this one. It was much more than the others, then again, she's been on this community: Stora, for almost two whole years now.

She responded to these comments and roleplays with a little more heart than she did the other ones feeling much more comfortable and confident here than in the other communities. Elizabeth let out a sigh, before navigating to the Cafe Chatroom. She watched as the text Zyn Starlight is active briefly appear above the textbox. She clicked on it, and smiled seeing the various greetings. 

She turned off her MP3 player, taking off the headphones putting all of that away. She grabbed her headset and visor, easily putting them on despite not putting them at all before this. She plugged the headset into the T.L and plugged the visor into the headset.

Elizabeth quickly responded. She ignored the sick feeling she was slowly gaining, not sure if it was her, or if it was the new immersive technology this version granted.

Zyn Starlight: (Hey! How is everyone doing?) 

Astro M.: (Good, you?)

William S.: (I'm doing wonderfully, how are you?)

Nathan Queen: (I'm alright, you Zynnie?)

Elizabeth couldn't help but chuckle seeing the quick flow of responses. It disappeared a little though, noticing a few people weren't on. She scrolled up a little. He was on a few hours ago.. She thought, that sick feeling hitting a bit stronger.

Zyn Starlight: (I'm alright, glad you guys are doing good.)

William S.: (Home stuff again, I assume?)

Astro M.: (Don't Will)

She smiled a little, they knew her, respected her boundaries. She sighed a little before typing once more. 

Zyn Starlight: (Do you guys know where Ancient Illusion is?)

She felt her heart sink as a few minutes past. She attempted to make her way towards his D.M's but the notifications of the Cafe Chat stopped her.

Nathan Queen: (I don't know- he went inactive a bit ago.)

William S.: (Yes, he knows you come on about this time.) 

Astro M.: (So)

Astro M.: (Are we going to continue the previous roleplay)

Astro M.: (Or start a new one?)

Elizabeth inhaled deeply, quickly typing a "(I'm up for whatever.)" before making her way to Ancient Illusion's D.M's. She read the last little bit of the conversation. The two of them were talking about music, the things they usually talked about. She chuckled, remembering A-san being confused at how she, being under sixteen, did not like chocolate. She let out a happy sigh before scrolling back down. 

Elizabeth made her way back to the Cafe Chatroom. Astro's character Siro was fighting with Will's character Maralyn. She shook her head smiling. She clicked on the textbox and started typing her response. 

Zyn Starlight: He sat on the tree staring at the two of them with the smile a parent would have watching their children play. He let out a sigh seeing Siro go for a punch, jumping down from the tree. He made his way to the two, approaching Maralyn first knowing she wouldn't accidentally hit him. "Really you two?" He asked reaching for his katana. 

Nathan Queen: Winnie giggled seeing the three of them interact, making sure to stay underneath the shadows the trees created. "You should know these two by now, Angel." She says moving through the edge of the forest.

Elizabeth nodded in agreement, remembering the many fights Siro and Maralyn had, as well as Astro and Will. She was prepared to type, to have Angel create a shadow orb for Winnie when she got a notification. She blinked, surprised only because she was in the zone, immersed into the universe the Cafe Chat had created. Her eyes widen. A-san! She clicked on the notification. 

Ancient Illusion: Hey Zyn.

She clicked onto the textbox ready to respond, a smile on her face. A-san and her have been friends for basically the entire time Elizabeth has been on Dewstone, especially since Stora was the first community she had joined.

Ancient Illusion: Don't be like me, okay?

Elizabeth paused.

Zyn Starlight: What do you mean?

Ancient Illusion: You know what I mean.

Her eyebrows scrunched up. She didn't know. At least not right away. He's using periods…

Zyn Starlight: Are you okay?

She watched as the tiny text saying he was typing showed up. It stopped, showed again. Stopped for a minute. She held her breath, ignoring the Cafe Chat notifications coming in. 

Ancient Illusion: I've never been okay, Zyn.

Ancient Illusion: You know this. 

Zyn Starlight: A-san, what did you do?

Elizabeth tensed up as a few minutes went by. She gulped, quickly typing once more.

Zyn Starlight: A-san, what did you do?

She chewed up the inside of her mouth as the minutes past. She realized it probably wasn't minutes, rather seconds, however nonetheless it hurt. Especially if he was doing what she thought he was.

Ancient Illusion: Did you know that cutting doesn't hurt when you're high?

She looked up, her head accidentally hitting it against the wall. She closed her eyes letting out a cry. Elizabeth felt that sick feeling hit her once more, she knew the immersive technology wasn't helping the natural sickness she felt. She looked at the chat.

Ancient Illusion: I wonder if it'll make that easier.

Zyn Starlight: Ancient

Zyn Starlight: What are you doing?

Elizabeth felt bile climbing up her throat.

Ancient Illusion: Zyn

Ancient Illusion: Be safe for me, okay? You have so much left to do.

Zyn Starlight: So do you! You have two kids Ancient

Zyn Starlight: You said you wouldn't leave them

Ancient Illusion: It hurts so much Zyn.

Ancient Illusion: I can't do this anymore. Just don't be like me, please. Promise me, Zyn.

Elizabeth tossed her head back, ignoring the sharp pain she felt. She let out a choked sob before hunching over once more to continue typing.

Zyn Starlight: Don't do it Ancient

Zyn Starlight: If you pull that Gods damned trigger

Zyn Starlight: I'll go down and meet you in hell

Zyn Starlight: Pull that trigger and we're both going down

She wiped away the tears feeling over stimulated. She quickly tossed off her blankets, having them on the floor. She looked at the chat. Minutes past, or was it seconds? Elizabeth glanced at the time. It was minutes. 

Ancient Illusion: I'm sorry Zyn.

Zyn Starlight: Ancient. Don't.

Ancient Illusion: …

Ancient Illusion: I won't

Zyn Starlight: Swear to me Ancient.

Zyn Starlight: Swear on my life, that you don't pull that trigger.

Minutes past.

Ancient Illusion: I won't

Ancient Illusion: I swear

April 03, 2022 00:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

57 comments

J.C. Lovero
01:41 Apr 16, 2022

Really interesting story and the world you created here. I liked the sci-fi tech you embedded throughout. The scenes with the mother were heartbreaking. I liked how you characterized Elizabeth as a protective big sisi. Really endeared her to me as a reader.

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:09 Apr 16, 2022

I appreciate your comment! It means a lot. I really enjoyed writing that bit, I actually had to cut like, three paragraphs because of the word limit. I think I might expand on this a little more, but like.. In the future. I agree with that bit, I teared up a bit writing that. In this story I had to cut a lot, but I'm glad I got the point across nonetheless. Really? That's good. I've always found it hard to write such characters for some reason.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
00:26 Apr 14, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
01:22 Apr 14, 2022

I love that train of thought XD

Reply

Unknown User
04:34 Apr 14, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:44 Apr 14, 2022

XD What's up Leo?

Reply

Unknown User
17:28 Apr 14, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
18:06 Apr 14, 2022

At least everything's good?- Drama.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
00:05 Apr 12, 2022

o - o Yes?-

Reply

Crows_ Garden
00:17 Apr 12, 2022

Living- you?

Reply

SHHSHSHHUDEDUH same ngl xD

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:22 Apr 12, 2022

That's not good XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:58 Apr 08, 2022

It got me. Cheers to you, my friend!

Reply

Crows_ Garden
15:01 Apr 08, 2022

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maraika!!! 😎
04:25 Apr 06, 2022

Dude (said in gender neutral way) one of your nicknames is "King"? That's super dope

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
04:26 Apr 06, 2022

Also heyyyyyy fellow german learner. Slow but kinda fun process

Reply

Crows_ Garden
04:50 Apr 06, 2022

Heya!(I use it that way too, no worries). And yeah, it is. I'm glad you find it cool. German's so confusing sometimes, especially because of the way the sentences are structured.

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
14:25 Apr 06, 2022

Yeah that's super hard. I find remebering the diffrent version of "the". Der and Die sound very fimilar to me. And when ever I speak I always forget words in a sentence or like make random sound if I don't remeber how to pronouce words

Reply

Crows_ Garden
14:45 Apr 06, 2022

The der and die is so weird! I only remember that der is masculine, and die is feminine, but to use them you have to remember what word is what.

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
00:19 Apr 07, 2022

Ugh ikr it's annoy cause you know in english where just like "everything is the and that's that" but with german your like "great now i'm misgendering the goldfish crackers way to go Maraika"

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

*gASP* what if we turn the rp into a story with three parts since the doc is 9k words long o-o

Reply

Crows_ Garden
14:58 Apr 05, 2022

That sounds awesome! That's a lot XD

Reply

Crows_ Garden
15:45 Apr 05, 2022

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
McCampbell Molly
09:00 Apr 03, 2022

Interesting approach on the prompt. Abuse is as equally horrifying to observe as to experience. And often requires removing yourself mentally to a different space. Good job.

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:10 Apr 03, 2022

Thank you for the read and comment! It truly is.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

*wipes away tears* *sobs into pillow* First of all, how did you get the roleplay to sound so real?!?!? I swear, anytime I try to write a fake roleplay it goes like- "He smiled" "She laughed" "He said "blahblahblah" "She said "blah blah blah" Yours is actually very in-depth and clear :D Second of all... Honestly, I've said this so much, but THIS WAS SO GOOD!! The characters, plus the main character- Elizabeth(who I very much love now) were very understandable. And the home violence scene- can I just say yikes. I felt that pain. Last but no...

Reply

Crows_ Garden
03:48 Apr 03, 2022

That's how I felt writing this XD My years of roleplaying has paid off! I'm glad that it seemed so realistic, that was the goal. I honestly just acted as if I was roleplaying again. This is so weird to read- it's wonderful, but like- my life experience(changed a lot sure) understandable? Yikes. While this story was based off of one of my memories, the home violence is not. I would like to thank paranoia and my time watching T.V for that scene.(also- you good?-) I loved making those names! I've become much more diverse with character names,...

Reply

XD relatable ANOTHER ROLEPLAYER LET'S GO!! Teach me your ways sensei/j Oh damn o_o I don't watch T.V I watch Youtube (basically the same thing HEHEEH) (Yea I'm fine lmao ty for checkin) Me everytime I don't write a Naruto or Resident Evil fanfic XD Yes, Zyn is amazing and deserves a spot on the "best names" list >:D :D Of course Shade! OHHHHHH YOU'RE AMAZING WAHHHHHTTTTTTT :OOOOOO Thank you for writing it <333

Reply

Crows_ Garden
04:11 Apr 03, 2022

Maybe we could do some on Remind? Use our Naruto OC's. Yeah XD T.V. and YouTube really are the same thing.(That's good.) XD That's awesome. Thank you so much <3 <3 <3

Reply

OMFG YES :0 XDDD yass (:D) hehheeheheheheeheh No you <3 <3 <3

Reply

Unknown User
04:37 Apr 05, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
06:59 Apr 11, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
14:18 Apr 11, 2022

Eep- Yes?- <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Reply

Unknown User
20:37 Apr 11, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
00:05 Apr 12, 2022

I love you too-

Reply

Unknown User
01:34 Apr 12, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:22 Apr 12, 2022

XD You're adorable little one

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
05:26 Apr 03, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
06:56 Apr 03, 2022

Hhh- I really need to stop posting so triggering stories- Thank you nonetheless for the comment little one <3

Reply

Unknown User
06:56 Apr 03, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
06:58 Apr 03, 2022

<3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.