0 comments

General

I ran over to the ice cream truck to purchase a popsicle. This heatwave had me acting like a child. Running to line up with the kids to have a rootbeer popsicle. I looked forward to cooling myself down. The day was already at 40degrees. As I ate the popsicle or should I say tried to eat the popsicle, before it was a rootbeer drink, it was melting so fast in my hands. As leaned forward to try and gobble it up, I noticed a few kids laughing my way. I smiled and looked at them with a goofy expression. All of a sudden their popsicles were melting as well and we all started to laugh.

Ah the day was beautiful, I looked around my finally finishing the popsicle, my hands were a sticky mess. So I ran them under the nearest sprinkler, to rinse them off. That felt much better, my hands wouldn't leave a mess on my handlebars. I hopped on my bike and started to ride down the road. It felt so good though the wind was super warm on my face. This heatwave was trying, but I liked the challenge. I didn't have to be anywhere and was looking forward to exploring the city on my bike. Something I didn't do lately as the Covid-19 pandemic was still roaming the world. We had to be careful, I took the bike out less and less. I was hoping by now it would be more and more, but not yet. So I took it slow and tried to stay out of everyones way. Not a hard thing, when you live on your own. As I road down the beach, I decided to lock up my bike and take a swim in the ocean. Ah the freedeom of being able to jump in the ocean, being from a big city, people think that you don't have a lot of places to do that, but the city of Vancouver is surrounded with mountains and water, it isn't so hard to cool down if need be.

After my swim, I was famished so I headed back on to my bike and road to a local eatery and grabbed a bite. I quick sandwich and drink and I would be on my way to explore the city some more, even though it was already 7pm. I wondered were the day had gone. My best memory of the day was the melting popsicle and the kids teasing me about it. I was still sweating and have not been able to cool down, even with my dip in the ocean. I was looking forward to having a cool shower once I got back home, but first I found this wonderful spot to meditate and bring in the Universe. I found myself doing this a a lot lately speaking to the Universe and promising to good things by the place I live in, hoping it would bring goodness to me as well. The world was turning in to a strange place, with natural events that seemed to be taking over us and the wolrd we know. New things for all of us to learn and abide by. After my recharging I was able to hop back on my bike and ride in to the evening trying to chill itself off. I rode by other riders, knowing they were feeling as carefree as I was, the feeling was so great. So happy and free as I rode and thought of how grateful I was to be able to ride my bike in this great world. I passed by another ice cream truck and thought about buying another popsicle, but thought against it. I wondered if I would have it melting all over my hands again, the thought made me smile and made me not want to go through that ten minutes of uncomfortableness. I jumped off my bike and decided to spend sometime with the stars that were shining so bright tonight. I stood and stared at them and ofcourse said another prayer under the stars. Praying for the world everything in it and myself ofcourse. Always good to say a prayer for yourself as much as for everyone else. All of a sudden, I turned my head to the sound of popping from the fireworks that were going off and I realized it was BC Day and there was a little display of fireworks. What a wonderful way to almost end my day, it wasn't quite over and I knew, I would carry on with my day and continue to ride a little more.

I rode on to come in to a new scene, seeing all sorts of activities going on. It was a night fair, there were tents with all sorts of food stands, clothing shops, palm readers, a few rides. I wasn't sure, what was going on or didn't expect to see this. There were people everywhere laughing with their loved ones and or a couple walking hand in hand, a baby crying in a stroller wanting to go home, but the parents having way to much fun and wanting to stay out just to capture the moments and memories they were creating. Not letting their crying baby take over their one night out together, before they had to go back to their normal life the next day. This night had something special in the air, I could feel the people enjoying the day and these magical moments. Though I stood alone, somehow I enjoyed every moment of being out in the warmth, feeling so much love and excitement in the air. The night air, touching my skin and tingling it until, I smiled to myself knowing we, I was surrounded with magic all around me. The magic of the air, of the stars of the fresh love nature was giving off, it was wonderful experience and I didn't want it to end, I didn't have to be anywhere, no one was waiting. The people I lived with, were now my family, but didn't keep tabs on me. A house of ten, were I was loved, but respected and never left out of anything. The cluster, I lived with found me and made me a part of them. A house of solo's that never left each other out of anything. If two out of the seven of us were doing something the rest of us were messaged to join, or we just carried on to do our own things. We never made each other uncomfortable. We were a special group that lived on our own terms, yet with one another. Kids that couldn't find their place in society, but only wished the best for everyone around us.

I was glad when my cluster located me and made me apart of them. I had nothing else before them and thinking of them, I couldn't wait to get back to the house. Funny, I may not even see them for a day, but I always looked forward to getting back to them in the same house. The vibe was always good and we sent amazing positive vibes about the house to one another, it was a unique way to live and I never had known nothing like it before. Where the entire house of people loved each other. The only thing you felt when you were there was good and you knew when you left the house, you were taking goodness with you and sharing it on the earth and surroundings you spent your day with. It is how you don't let a melting popsicle get you down, you find it's quirkiness and have fun with it, it is how if you get water splashed at you by a driving car from a puddle, you giggle and remember that it can easily be dried off. My home, my cluster the most amazing way to start my day.

August 03, 2020 19:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.