0 comments

Bedtime Coming of Age Speculative

Standing on the porch he could see the waves. It was the mountain that spoke. “I was wondering when you would appear”, LT said. Standing behind him was EP, grinning viciously. “It was only a matter of time. You’re late.” Coughing, LT slowly wiped his hands on his legs. “You know that team tag was terrible. Perhaps find another one?”

Silence came after, with only a smirk coming from EP’s face. “Nah, it seems that combo was more than enough, though you shall see soon.” Shaking his head, LT walks away, moving closer to the shells that laid out before him. “How long will the cycle go? Aren’t the teams supposed to already have their matchups?” “Maybe,” came a voice from above.

Without hesitation both LT and EP dashed to their lefts, sensing the aura that floated. “You know,” LT remarked, “I always figured you were in the wait. Maybe its time to put it down.”

Placed before them was a dark figure, the shoulders wearing pads of steel.  “To be fair you agreed. Why back out now?” “Cause you suck” Ep replied, though Lt was just shaking his head furiously. Inching closer, he noticed the gleam that came from his pocket. “You brought it, eh?” Lt stated. Glaring, the figure merely shrugged its shoulders and launched forward to EP.

“Show me.” Before EP could react, the figure thrusted its dagger into his shoulder. “You see,” the figure grumbled, “You wanted to work with me. And then you decided that you wanted to chill. Pitiful, you are one with the darkness. Why let the light come through?”

Grimacing, EP yanked the dagger out, flipping it to the side. “I said I became one with the darkness. Not one with evil.” “Which by the way,” Lil T99 remarked, “is a difference. We are a soldier’s soul, but what you have become is something…different I suppose.”

“I see. So, honesty is what kills you. We agreed to be TreytheTerrible, and so far, it has been wonderful. Besides, I have not committed no wrong. What possibly are you afraid of?” With his left hand, he jams EP in the chest and zooms to LT. Swinging to the left, LT pulled the key blade and blocked the attack. “Terrible as in truth, not terrible as in evil. When will this day end, then? What you do you seek?”

It came to a standstill. The wind stopped blowing, though the ground trembled with rage. Ep was curled, bandaging his wound.

“Damn you Ep, in your attempt to become one with darkness you created TreytheTerrible. Good job bro.” Lt stated. “Screw you, perhaps you should have taken yourself more seriously then.” Ep replied.

“In the end it does not matter. As you said LT, truth is what matters, right? Have I not been following that?”

Grunting, LT pushed TTT to the edge of the beach. “I don’t trust your intentions; the coldness that Ep created was meant to suppress emotions, not to become one with it. Whatever you’re planning it goes against what I’m here for.” he responded. 

TTT stood there for a sec, then howled a laughter, not one of joy but one of agony, one that seeps into one’s soul. “Baka, I don’t care for any of that. I am simply here. I exist. So do you. You created me out of pain, and now I am here to ensure you win. Do not test me. God’s angel or not, my wrath is also a thousand-fold. We are one and the same, are we not?”

“Well, in any case, if we are on the same team who cares? As long as we got the vibes its cool.” Approaching them was TD, a playful grin that was bound to snipe back. “You all are interrupting my sleep, and we ought to do more playing” chuckling, Lt picks up his card that fell on the floor. “Meditation is all that we need. TTT, we shall speak again soon. Do as you please but know I’ll destroy you within seconds if you dare become a threat”.

Then the night cleared, though the clouds still roamed stormily. TTT only glared, but with a glint of something mysterious. “You keep forgetting we have the same goals, simply different methods. Relax and allow me to do my part. I will soon discover the Astro projection, and we shall see then what lies within”.

The alarm clock came on, and Lt laid there, wondering what the dream was about. In any case, the school was counting on the swim team to make it, so he had no choice but to head over to the bus stop. When the day ends, it all comes down. LT wondered what mysteries lied within the Astro projection; answers beyond the page could be found and then used to further one’s own enlightenment. When the day ends, it is what it is.

Stepping outside the door, Lt sneaked a peek, noticing something strange. If the alarm went off, though the dream was lucid, does that mean the time that passed never occurred? Marching back to his bathroom, Lt noticed that the toothpaste was still there from the night before, though he could have sworn that he put it up before he went to sleep. Then perhaps EP was right then; If TTT was on an agenda of his own, then it would be no surprise if he somehow launched something from now to then.

Though as the time kept ticking, LT knew that could not be the case. The only thing then would be to sit around and wait for the day to end; the loop that never passes the line but will always come to full circle, what could it even mean at this point? Grabbing the doorknob, Lt snaps it around, hoping for some sort of release. Only then could he see it; the crack that entered dimensions was never to be opened, but at this exact same moment only then did he come to realize. The portal could never end, meaning the day would never end. It was forever a time loop that would pass onto eons. Likewise, it is what it is. 

June 23, 2021 21:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.