0 comments

American Adventure Horror

Let’s be honest. My shrink told me I was dead and reliving past lives. Me? I think you all are dead. This story is about Katrina when it happened in 2003, not here in 2005. Silly, what do you mean? I mean, I have lived more than you have.

When I cracked up in 2016, I was hit hard. Meaning I was sent to the shrink by my wife due to the number of things I was talking about. People think I am crazy. But what I am going to tell you was real for me. The shrink? He told me I was living past lives. I told him. I could prove he was dead, and that I was dead, too. He took the bet and then stopped talking to me. Anyway, this was one of those stories I told him.

I was working in MDA -Missile Defense Agency in Colorado. I had been eating alone until some big guys sat down next to me and started to talk. We talked about things normal people do not talk about. What they started with I added something to until they started talking about Katrina.

So, this is one of those things I am Mandela effected. For those that do not know what that means. To me Katrina hit in 2003 not 2005. And I told them a story about why the breaks were blown and the power went out in New Orleans.

Then one of them looked at me and told me another story and I in a flash I to remember a different story. His story was he was working with Blackwater and was hired as a sniper and murdered something like 185 people in the Katrina area due to?

His statement brought back a flood of emotions. I did not tell. Like I say I am not from this reality. Zachariah spoke of a nuclear war in my timeline. Zechariah here speaks of zombies. Yet prior to all this I remember being stuck somewhere else for a time.

When Katrina hit New Orleans in 2003, not here in 2005. The sun was still yellow. The reality of galaxies still existed. The 2009 digital change of television had not taken effect. That is what actually broke the system of things. Analog versus digital making realities switching possible for those in power.

My first dreams were still in my world. I was unique, meaning I had no clue that someone was living a life so close to mine that I can step into and no one seems to care. I can even cause enough issues that some things change.

Nevertheless, in 2013 just prior to my first hospice stay and I believe my first death or one of many I am not sure. I had this dream.

I was a night auditor again. Stuck auditing a lab outside of New Orleans. It was a sweltering summer. I had just pulled into the parking lot and got out when all hell broke loose.

I was going into the secure lab because of either a math error or a contractor stealing close to 4.5 million dollars. I was stepping out of the car when power went out. Then military jeeps swipe in and guns pointing at me demand me to put up my hands.

I am not sure if casual is the way I did. But I remember they had to say it three times. I think I could not believe what was going on.

They asked me who I was and what I was doing here. I had already posted my notification at the gate and my ID was clearly there so I asked back.

For some reason my tone got through to whoever I was dealing with that they escorted me to a tent that had just been put up.

There I was surprised to see someone from my university. He asked what department I was working in in the lab. I told him I did not work for the lab. I was there to audit the lab.

From there the discussion went down hill. I watched in horror as trucks rolled up to the lab, pulled out huge barrels then hazmat suited people pushed people into barrels and sealed.

I was given the all clear and asked what state I wanted to go to. Not understanding, I said Montana. I ended up in Missoula of all places where there was a BioHazard hospital for the next three years. A plague happened in the US and the last I remember from that dream was someone I knew biting me.

You laugh. I laugh when I wrote that in 2013, plus or minus billions of years ago. But that summer after that dream I lost my ankle and was a zombie or part of my body died for 13 days without the doctors knowing or me.

Wild I know. March 2014 again plus or minus billions of years I lost my foot to the same disease. Memories of a different reality. in yet here I am missing my foot and ankle and if those dreams are anything like my trip so far. Just maybe I have or someone has been here before.

Deja vu? Yes I get that often these days. That awful feeling that some how I had the chance to save something and failed.

Am I a failure? According to my life, yes. According to this reality yes. Would I recommend any course of action? Yes. Stop doing evil.

What I find funny. Is this time around? I remember that after Katrine I was talking with some military folks and two Blackwater members. Their reason for Katrine was in the last reality to sanitize the area so that the virus which had been accidentally released would not cause harm. The two Blackwater people snorted and said that they had been hired to kill civilians wandering the streets east of New Orleans. One later admitted something even more disturbing, but who knows.

What gets me most about this dream or that dream was the reality I came from. I came across an article later by one of the two talking about him killing close to 83 civilians. Not sure if I can find it anymore, got to look. The point to this memory? It all started when the power went out in New Orleans once upon a long spacetime travelers memory ago.

May 01, 2021 17:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.