0 comments

Romance High School Friendship

Emma walked through the halls of her old high school, her heart beating a little faster as she looked around at the familiar surroundings. It had been almost ten years since she had graduated, and she hadn't been back since.

She was here for her ten-year reunion, but she wasn't sure why she had even bothered to come. High school had been a difficult time for her, marked by insecurity and heartbreak. She had always felt like she didn't fit in like she wasn't good enough for the popular crowd.

But then she saw him, standing across the room, and her heart skipped a beat. It was Jack, her high school sweetheart, the boy who had stolen her heart so many years ago.

She couldn't believe how much he had changed, how handsome and confident he looked. He was surrounded by a group of people, laughing and joking, and Emma felt a pang of jealousy. She had always been envious of Jack's popularity, his effortless charm, and charisma.

But then Jack looked up and caught her eye, and everything else faded away. He made his way over to her, his smile warm and genuine, and Emma felt like she was back in high school, back in the days when they were inseparable.

"Emma, it's so good to see you," he said, giving her a hug. "You look amazing."

She felt herself blushing, feeling like a giddy teenager all over again. "You too," she said, trying to keep her cool.

They spent the evening catching up, laughing, and reminiscing about old times. Emma felt like she was rediscovering a part of herself she had long forgotten, the part that was carefree and happy and in love.

As the night wore on, Emma realized that she didn't want the evening to end. She wanted to spend more time with Jack, to talk to him, to be close to him like they used to be.

And then he asked her to dance, and as they moved together on the dance floor, Emma felt like she was home. She remembered the way Jack used to hold her, the way they used to dance together in his basement, and it all came rushing back to her.

"I never forgot about you," Jack whispered in her ear, and Emma felt a surge of emotion. She had always wondered if Jack still thought about her if he still cared.

And then, before she knew it, they were outside, standing in the cool night air. Jack took her hand and led her away from the noise and lights of the reunion, and they found themselves sitting on a bench by the football field.

They talked for hours, about everything and nothing. They talked about their lives, their dreams, and their fears. They talked about what had happened after high school, and how they had both struggled to find their way in the world.

And then Jack leaned in and kissed her, his lips soft and warm. Emma felt like she was in a dream like she had been transported back to a time when everything was simple and easy.

They spent the night together, lying in each other's arms, talking and laughing and making love. It was like they had never been apart like they had picked up right where they left off.

But then morning came, and Emma knew that she had to go back to reality. She had a life outside of this magical night, a life that didn't involve Jack.

They exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch, but Emma knew that it wouldn't be the same. She couldn't just pick up where they left off, not after all these years.

But still, she felt grateful for the night they had shared, for the chance to rediscover the love she thought she had lost. And as she walked away from the school, her heart full of hope and possibility, she knew that she would never forget this night or the boy who had stolen her heart so many years ago.

Over the next few weeks, Emma found herself thinking about Jack more and more. She would replay their night together in her mind, remembering the way he had looked at her, the way he had made her feel.

She wondered if he was thinking about her too if he felt the same connection that she did. She wanted to reach out to him, to see if they could have something real, something more than just a one-night stand.

But she was afraid. Afraid of getting hurt again, of putting herself out there and being rejected. Afraid of what might happen if they tried to make something work and it fell apart.

And so, for a while, she did nothing. She went about her life, working her job and hanging out with friends, trying to ignore the pull she felt towards Jack.

But then, one day, she received a message from him. It was just a simple "hey," but it made her heart race. They started texting back and forth, and before she knew it, they were talking on the phone for hours at a time.

It was like they had never been apart. They talked about everything, from the mundane details of their day-to-day lives to the deeper issues that had plagued them since high school.

And then Jack suggested that they meet up again, this time for dinner. Emma was nervous, but she agreed.

When they saw each other again, it was like no time had passed. They talked and laughed and shared stories over plates of pasta, and Emma felt like she was falling in love all over again.

And then Jack took her hand, and Emma felt a surge of electricity. She knew what was coming, and she wanted it more than anything.

"I've missed you, Emma," he said, looking into her eyes. "I never stopped thinking about you."

And then he kissed her, his lips soft and warm against hers. Emma felt like she was melting like she had finally found the missing piece she had been searching for all these years.

They started seeing each other more and more, and Emma felt like she was finally living the life she had always wanted. Jack was everything she had ever wanted in a partner, and more.

They would spend lazy Sundays in bed, reading and cuddling and talking. They would go on long walks in the park, holding hands and dreaming about their future.

And then, one day, Jack proposed. He took her to the beach, where they had shared their first kiss all those years ago, and got down on one knee.

"Emma, I love you more than anything in this world," he said, holding out a small box. "Will you marry me?"

Emma felt tears streaming down her face as she said yes, feeling like all of her dreams were finally coming true.

They got married a year later, surrounded by friends and family. Emma felt like the luckiest woman in the world like she had finally found her happy ending.

And as she danced with Jack at their wedding reception, she knew that she had rediscovered something she thought she had lost forever - the love of her life, the boy she had fallen in love with all those years ago.

April 08, 2023 00:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.