53 comments

Suspense Mystery Adventure

Hey. Testing testing. 

If you get this can you reply and tell me what time it is? 

-19.45


Hi. 

Sorry, who is this, I don’t have your number saved? 

It’s 6.45. Your message is time-stamped 7.45, your phone time’s wrong. 

-18.45


Holy shit.

No way.

I don’t believe this actually works. 

Sorry, just to be sure, is this Dave?

-19.46


Yeah, it’s Dave, who’s this?

-18.46


My phone time’s not wrong. It’s 7.45. 

This is so weird, your messages are popping into the chat up before mine, chronologically.

I have to keep scrolling back up to read them. 

Crazy!

-19.47


Lol what are you on about? Who is this? Mitch? Did you get a new phone?

-18.47


Your messages are time-stamped an hour ago.

Nope, it’s not Mitch.  

Come on, Mitch would not be nerdy enough to come up with a gag like this!

-19.47


Lorraine? Sam?

-18.47


Nope, lol. Not Alan or Keith either and that’s literally all the friends you have so who does that leave?

-19.47


Okay, I don’t actually have time for games right now, I’m meeting someone in a few minutes.

-18.48


No, you’re not. She’s not going to show. 

You’ve been stood up, you just don’t know it yet.

-19.48


What?

-18.48


Your tinder date. ‘IrishSoph84’. She ghosted you.

Which is really annoying because she seemed interested and kept a chat going all week. She’s the one who organised the date! What the hell is wrong with people? 

-19.48


Okay now I know it’s you, Mitch. How did you know who I was chatting to? 

Did you hack my phone, you dick?

-18.49


LOL. Still giving Mitch way too much credit, I don’t think I’d do that but maybe I would in your position. Go on, check Tinder. Her messages are gone. Ghosted.

-19.49


What the fuck? I don’t understand, we were supposed to be meeting at 7, she arranged it!

-18.49


Told you! Such BS. So sick of online dating, can’t trust anyone.

-19.50


Okay seriously who is this? 

-18.51


Don’t worry about her. You’re going to meet someone much more interesting, trust me.

-19.52


Oh really? Who, you? I suppose you know what bar I’m heading to?

-18.52


Mulligans. Except right now you’re in Starbucks across the road scoping it out because you’re early and don’t want to be sitting in there on your own. Also, waiting to see her arrive to make sure she’s the same as her photos and they weren’t from about ten years and twenty kilograms ago.

-19.52


Who am I talking to? Tell me now or I’m blocking you.

-18.52


LOL. That’s impossible. I am one person you definitely can’t block. 

Chance would be a fine thing.

-19.53


And why is that? What’s so special about you?

-18.53


Glad you asked. What’s special about YOU?

-19.53


Okay, bye.

-18.53


Wait! Sorry, sorry, I just wanted to have a bit of fun before dropping the bomb. 

This is just so fucked up and weird.

The reason you can’t block me is…dun dun duuunnn…I’m you, texting you from exactly one hour in the future with this weird phone thing called a Distort 3000 I got from the poor bastard you’re going to meet in Mulligans in a few minutes.

-19.54


What the fuck are you talking about? Come on, Mitch, this is ridiculous. I swear to God if you hacked my phone and unmatched me from Sophie I’ll kick your ass, man. Jesus.

-18.54


For God's sake, I’m not Mitch! I’m you. Seriously. 

You were sitting there drinking a flat white thinking up a story about a possessed old woman for this week’s writing contest, okay, how else would I know that?

I know this is fucked up. I wouldn’t know what to make of it from your end either.

I’m sitting here in the car laughing like a lunatic myself because I can’t believe this is real.

The car on Kilbrasil Street, behind the filthy van that someone wrote ‘I wish my wife was as dirty as this’ on with their finger?

-19.55


That’s my car.

-18.55


Exactly! You left it about fifteen minutes ago and I got into it about fifteen minutes ago and I’ve been playing with this phone Thatcher showed me before he ran off like he was being chased by Freddy Krueger. 

-19.55 


I don’t understand.

Thatcher?

-18.55


The drunk in the bar. I think that’s what he said his name was. 

I can see why he was freaking out now. This technology is insane.

-19.56


So it’s a phone that can text the past? 

-18.56


Yes! Text only, no audio or visual. I don’t know how it works, something to do with a temporal chip in the satellite it connects through, can send and receive. He was babbling about it like Doc in Back to the Future, how it was an accidental invention that could be dangerous in the wrong hands, all that shit.

So he stole it from work!

I’m not making this up!

-19.56


Send me a pic.

-18.56


Oh shit…guess what I just got!

A pic?

-19.56


A selfie. To prove this is real.

I’ll send one back.

What did you get?

-18.56


LOL I don’t need one back, I know where I was an hour ago. 

Here you go. 

Nothing much to see, I’m as un-photogenic as you are. 

And our car is filthy.

I just got a notification of today’s winning lotto numbers :)  

You okay? 

-19.56


I can’t get my head around this. You’re me, in my car, an hour from now?

Did we win?

-18.56


Yes, yes and yes.

And no, we didn’t win, not with the ticket we bought this morning anyway. 

You should head over to Mulligans, I went over about now. 

Don’t want to risk missing Thatcher.

-19.56


I’m really not sure I want to go down this road.

It seems risky.

Messing with time.

Marty almost ceased to exist in Back to the Future.

-18.56


That’s because his mum fell in love with him. Ugh.

You have to go in.

Could be more dangerous not to. 

What if I cease to exist? I’m your future! What happens to you then?

-19.57


I don’t know. 

Okay, this is against my better judgement but I’m heading in.

How will I know this guy?

-18.57


LOL you won’t have to, just go order a pint. He’s the only one sitting at the bar, he’ll start talking, just go along with it, even though you’ll want to run away. 

At least you won’t be anxious waiting for Sophie. 

-19.57


I feel like I’m going crazy.

-18.57


Me too. 

This is going to sound weird but a couple of Asian dudes have just come into the street here and I think they’re coming my way.

-19.57


What?

-18.57


Shit, they are. 

Oh fuck they look pissed.

I’m going to move, get into Mulligans. 

Text you in a bit.

-19.58


What? 

What’s going on, who are they?

Hello?

Fucks sake.

This has to be some kind of joke.

-18.58


Sorry, was driving.

It’s no joke. It’s actually getting deadly serious. 

Are you with Thatcher?

-20.18


Yeah. He’s a mess. Think he’s been drinking all day. I wouldn’t believe what he’s telling me if not for you. 

What’s deadly serious?

-19.19


I didn’t believe it either. I wanted to get away from him at the start but I stayed because he was someone to chat to while I was waiting for Sophie. Bitch. Probably about now I checked the app and noticed she’d unmatched.

Has anybody weird come into the bar?

-20.19


Weirder than him, talking about distort technology that can send messages back in time? Or me sitting beside him texting myself in the future? No, nobody weirder than that.

-19.21


Are you sure? Look. Something spooked him bad when I was with him. Probably a couple of yakuza-looking motherfuckers. Listen, it doesn’t matter, he’s going to show you the phone soon. Man. I really don’t know what to tell you here. My mind is racing.

-20.21


Hard to text without him seeing.

Yakuza? What? The guys from the street before?

-19.22


Yeah. This is the thing. They must know I have the phone. Maybe Thatcher told them. They ran for me when I drove off and a few minutes later a car was following me. I didn’t want to go home, kept driving around. Think I lost them. I’m in McDonalds drive thru now. Slow as always.

-20.23


What the fuck? 

So you took this guy’s phone? 

Why would you do that?

-19.24


I didn’t! He ran off like I said, so I left and when I got back to the car I noticed it was in my jacket pocket. He must have slipped it in there. I wasn’t planning to keep it. I was going to go back in and find him but then I thought I’d try it out first. Out of curiosity.

Has he got it out of the briefcase yet?

-20.26


Wish you hadn’t.

Yeah, he’s holding it now. Stupid looking thing, who’d want a round phone? 

He’s so drunk. Freaking me out talking about the fall of nations and the end of society and shit.

So he stole it from the tech company he works for.

Not sure why, he wasn’t thinking, just grabbed it while he had the chance.

But he says they’re after him now.

Why am I telling you all this, you’ve already heard it.

-19.29


Shit, they just drove by, think they saw me. I’m going to try and get home. 

Fuck fuck fuck, there’s two cars. 

They definitely see me, pulled in across the road, watching.

Damn this slow-ass drive thru.

-20.29


Don’t go home! Don’t drag mum into this!

-19.29


Shit, yeah. Okay. Shit. I’m going to head out of town. Try and lose them.

What’s happening? 

Any scary bastards come in?

-20.29


I don’t see anything. 

He’s having some kind of panic attack.

Says they’re going to kill him, he saw too much.

Everyone’s looking.

Sorry, man, I think I’m just going to leave.

-19.33


4, 7, 22, 25, 31, 36

-20.33


What?

-19.33


Don’t leave! You need to get the phone, just for a minute.

https:www/lottero.ie/play-game

Click that.

Buy a ticket with those numbers.

-20.33


I already got a ticket.

Are you texting while driving?

-19.33


Not with those numbers. 

Yeah, It’s life and death!

And this phone is easy to type on, the circular design helps, I like it.

Except for having to keep scrolling back to read your messages.

Come on, is he still there?

-20.33


Are you serious?  

-19.33


Deadline for the draw is in ten minutes. 

Has to be round about now he runs off.

Well?

Are you there?

-20.35


It’s all going down. Vodka Central just took off for the toilets like a lifetime of pukes are coming at once.

Shit, there’s a couple of Asian dudes in dark glasses following him. 

Yakuza looking motherfuckers.

-19.36


That's them, they’re still after me.

Can’t shake them.

Get out of there!

Buy the ticket!

-20.36


He slipped the phone in my pocket before he ran off, like you said.

Where are you now?

-19.37


Told you. 

I’m outside the garda station on Eastmoreland Street. Thought it might be safe but don’t know. Those fuckers want their phone, not sure going to the police will do any good.

-20.38


We’ve watched too many movies. Just go in and ask for help. Fuck this is insane.

-19.38


Yeah, maybe. 

Five minutes, get back to the car and buy the ticket!

-20.38


I can do it here. 

-19.38


No, get out of there before they realise Thatcher doesn't have the phone! Hurry!

-19.39


Okay, okay, I'm going.

-19.39


I see them again, just cruised by me slow.

They're just stalking me.

I don’t think the guards will be able to help. 

They won't believe me.

-20.40


Ticket bought. I can’t believe this is happening. 

Are those really the winning numbers?

-19.41


Yes! 

I wasn't sure if that would work but I have the confirmation in my email now!

One winner, man. We are millionaires!

-20.42


Are you shitting me?

-19.42


No shitting.

Now we just have to figure out how to live to enjoy it.

One of us anyway.

Are you in the car?

-20.43


What do you mean ‘one of us’?

Yeah, I am.

-19.43


Okay, get out of there, before they come out.

If you leave now they'll never know you exist.  

You should be safe then.

-20.43


Sounds good to me.

What about you, are you okay?

Hello?

What’s happening?

-19.48


Sorry. Had to move again. 

Thinking.

-20.49


Move where? 

You didn’t go to the guards?

-19.49


No. I told you that’s not going to help. Those guys are everywhere. 

Tried to lose them but they keep turning up.

-20.50


Jesus. 

I don’t see any. 

Looks like I got away clean.

-19.50


Lucky you. Don’t have me to thank for that or anything.

Pain in the ass finding your replies now they're mixing in chronologically with mine.

-20.50


Of course I do.

I’m at McDonalds now. Man this is messed up, you’re going to be here in half an hour my time but you can’t be, because I’m you and I'm here now and you already left. How does this even make sense? If I wait around will you turn up??

-19.50


LOL. We broke time. Idk.

I think I’m fucked. I drove to Greenan Woods. Ditched the car.

Think they did too.

Hear them coming.

Think they have me surrounded.

-20.51


Greenan Woods? 

Man, there’s nothing there, just get out of there. 

Past the tower and back down the hill, there’s a pub at the crossroads.

But you know this.

Call the guards!

Hello?

-19.53


It’s over. I got as far as the tower but they were right behind me so I had to go inside.

I’m trapped. 

I have to give myself up.

If I give them the phone, tell them I just got spooked and ran, it might be okay.

Maybe.

-20.53


I don’t think that’s a good idea.

We’ve watched too many movies, remember?

-19.54


Yeah.

But they might just take it and go. 

You’re in the clear anyway. And you’re me so…I don’t know what that means. Self sacrifice, lol.

Go home. Tell mum the good news.

Make sure she's sitting down, you know how she gets weak with excitement.

-20.54


Can you not just run?

-19.55


Can’t run.

Going.

I won’t be able to text you again so just…enjoy the winnings. For both of us.

Pick up some champagne and flowers on the way home.

To celebrate with mum.

Get the good stuff, from SuperValu on Lombard Street.

Promise?

-20.55


I promise but wait!

There has to be a way.

Are you there?

Shit.

I just got the winning lotto numbers notification.

Thanks, Dave.

And sorry. :(

-19.55


I’m the one who has to say sorry.

-21.35


Shit, you’re alive!

I was just playing with the Distort to see how to select a time to text to. Was going to try warn you. Well, me.

What happened?

-20.35


I had to make some hard decisions.

I’m really sorry.

Don't mess with that thing ok.

-21.35


What do you mean?

Yeah I know, would erase the win lol.

How are you still texting me, did you get away?

-20.35


Yeah. I got away. 

-21.35


How?? What happened, are they still after you?

I just got home. Mum’s not here. Might be next door with Mary.

Still can’t believe we won the lotto. Three million!!!

-20.36


I’m having trouble believing it myself. 

It’s messed up.

Like how I’ve been texting myself, how I'm still texting myself now.

Knowing what’s about to happen. 

I'm so sorry.

-21.36


What do you mean?

What’s going to happen?

Where are you? 

-20.36


Mum’s not with Mary, Dave. 

They’re both with me, at O’Reillys, having a celebratory drink. 

She's over the moon about the win, can't believe it.

-21.37


What? O’Reillys?

Shit, there’s somebody outside.

I think it’s the guys from the bar!

-20.37


Yeah, that’s them.

I knew they’d stake out the house after I led them to it.

-21.37 


What?

-20.38


I didn’t really go to Greenan Woods. 

And I was never at the garda station.

I had to lie, to make you think I was somewhere else. I was thinking on the fly.

Told you to go the Lombard Street Supervalu to make sure you didn't get home too soon.

-21.38


They’re trying to get in! 

There’s more out the back.

How did they find me?

What did you do?

-20.38


They’re not the guys from your timeline, Dave. 

They’re from mine.

I let them follow me home, collected mum from next door and drove to O’Reilly’s, brought Mary and Michael too. When they didn’t try to get me at McDonalds I knew they wouldn’t come after me if I was with others. I knew they’d wait to get me alone when I came back. 

-21.38


I don’t understand. 

They’re in the house!

Why?

-20.39


They saw my face, they knew I lived local, they were never going to just take the device and leave me alone. You know that. We’ve seen enough movies.

You're probably not getting these messages anymore.

They've probably got you now.

I'm sorry, Dave. One of us had to go.

But I feel like a dick.

Mum will be safe at least. And rich. The yakuza-bros from my timeline will think they got me and their phone back. The ones from your timeline never saw you so they won’t even be looking.

I think.

Hope they didn't kill you and leave your body there.

I'm sure they didn't. They clearly didn't want to draw attention to themselves.

Wonder if your car is going to be parked outside when I get home lol.

How will I explain that?

This time stuff is weird.

I guess I get to keep my Distort 3000.

But I won’t be texting any more past selves.

Way too complicated.

Thanks for doing the lotto, past me.

RIP.   

-21.38


August 25, 2023 13:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

53 comments

Annie Persson
18:30 Oct 27, 2023

I really like the text style you did this in, it's really unique. I love the twists and turns. I like the part where he tells him the lottery numbers. Really good, keep writing things! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
06:26 Sep 29, 2023

This is marvelously clever. Easily a movie! I’m so glad I decided to read the stories I missed on my activity feed!

Reply

12:03 Sep 29, 2023

Thank you Anne! Was really happy with this and it took hours and pages of diagrams to make sure it made sense lol was sure it deserved short list at least for effort alone 🤣🤣

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Martin Ross
17:55 Sep 06, 2023

I wish I could write a story this way — I gave up on the prompt. You nailed it in such a brisk, contemporary manner! Well done!

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:16 Sep 02, 2023

Very cool story. Not keen on the swearing though. Great ending. Pretty sad. However, it rings true. If there are two of one person, one has to go. But which one? Creepy concept but I loved it.

Reply

11:56 Sep 02, 2023

Thanks Kaitlyn . I hear you on the swearing. Try to keep it to a minimum except where I think a character would realistically use it. Thanks for reading 😁

Reply

Martin Ross
17:56 Sep 06, 2023

That’s my criteria for swearing, as well. What you used was judicious and plausible.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Helen A Smith
12:08 Sep 01, 2023

Clever concept and must have been complicated to do. I love the way you built it up. Very cool.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Keelan LaForge
10:50 Sep 01, 2023

Love the ideas in this story. Well done :)

Reply

12:29 Sep 01, 2023

Thanks! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lyle Closs
07:56 Aug 31, 2023

Oh, very good! Very clever, easy to read and to follow. Not really sure what happened at the end but maybe that's on another timeline!

Reply

08:28 Aug 31, 2023

Thanks lyle. Im not really sure where happened at the end either but thats how I know it's successful... cos I never understood doctor who episodes either lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Robert Egan
01:16 Aug 31, 2023

Masterfully done! The premise and conversation felt so natural, and I couldn't stop reading. I was left wondering in the end whether the future divergent self really got away clean; if the yakuza-bros are thorough/or have been through this before, they might force the past self to show them his texts then eliminate his other version as well (guess it depends on whether the timelines can keep intersecting), but that only added to the tension and intrigue.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Michał Przywara
21:24 Aug 29, 2023

Ha, excellent! Nothing better than time travel betrayal. Having this be just an hour apart adds a lot of tension, and it's impressive just how quickly the timelines diverge. And the ending leads to so many questions! There's the paradox of the past changing and the future remaining, which is always a concern with time, but assuming this all works out, there's a second interesting question here - does this mean the Distort device has effectively been duplicated? The yakuza got a hold of the second one, while the first is still in the hands ...

Reply

09:03 Aug 30, 2023

Thank you Michal. This was actually really difficult to write , much harder than you would think because once you do a time travel story where even the slightest thing is changed, there are so many things to consider! That's a really good point about the duplicated unit, yes of course, by contacting his past self, he created a divergence where he essentially duplicated himself and the device. Then by guiding his pursuers into a situation where they had to sit and wait , it allowed time for his past to catch up to that point. And even though...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:44 Aug 29, 2023

Love the concept! Especially when we get older, time becomes more important. And showing how an hour worth of decisions can change your future is something I wish my younger self understood!

Reply

21:02 Aug 29, 2023

Thank you Taylor. Had this idea knocking around in my head a long time so was good to finally get it out .glad it seems to have turned out well 🙂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rama Shaar
16:14 Aug 29, 2023

Cool stuff. Too much for my little brain hehe, but it's a great concept and successful execution.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Marty B
05:52 Aug 29, 2023

The forward communication of an hour is a great conceit. It is not long enough to do anything too crazy in a timeline, but is enough to make significant changes, Lotto numbers, or confusing enemies by meeting them twice in different places. I don't know if one of my selves would sacrifice me for me- I hope so! Thanks!

Reply

08:55 Aug 29, 2023

Thanks Marty! Yes its only an hour but how much can change. Was quite a mind bender though I had to sit down with a pen and paper to draw out overlapping timelines to make sure it all lined up and events corresponded etc Was like a blackboard out of A Beautiful Mind lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Olivia Lake
03:01 Aug 29, 2023

I do love a time travel story! Oof, what an ending. Sometimes we're the most cruel to the different versions of ourselves.

Reply

08:56 Aug 29, 2023

Thanks so much Olivia. I was worried I hadn't 'stuck' the landing (that is actually the third ending I came up with in order to make sure everything worked). Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Philip Ebuluofor
17:00 Aug 27, 2023

Seen images where the travel was done backward to the early eighties. Intelligent work.

Reply

15:15 Aug 29, 2023

Thanks Philip!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nina H
14:11 Aug 27, 2023

Time travel! Suspense! A chase with mysterious men! Great story, Derrick! You’ve quite an imagination and it makes for such wonderful stories! This made me laugh: “ten years and twenty kilograms ago” 😂 I wonder what conversations I would have with myself if I time traveled to the future and could text me? 🤔

Reply

15:16 Aug 29, 2023

Aw thanks Nina, glad you liked! Yes if my imagination could make me money I'd be rich...oh wait....thats the trick isnt it! lol I really do wonder what it would be like texting a version of yourself that has more knowledge than you do now about certain things. Might be very useful (and not just for winning the lottery!)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Keith Domican
21:58 Aug 26, 2023

Very clever Der, fun read as always, head wrecked 😆

Reply

15:15 Aug 29, 2023

Thanks bro!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mary Bendickson
21:45 Aug 26, 2023

Way cool how you kept your cool! Deserving of another win.

Reply

20:47 Aug 27, 2023

Aw thanks Mary. Not sure about that! Seems very much down to luck of the draw as much as anything. We were talking a while back about how maybe if a story was approved quickly after the Friday deadline it prob didn't make it and ones approved later did. But my last few all get approved really late, Thursday the last two times, but it doesn't mean anything. Except my story isn't visible to people for a whole week

Reply

Mary Bendickson
21:07 Aug 27, 2023

Yeah, I get that. The one I just got shortlisted (my first) I think got approved on Monday. Trying to remember. When approved late no one has time to like. The likes don't influence but put them high on the list to read. I did surmise when a judge seems them good enough they pass them to a new level up.

Reply

12:46 Aug 28, 2023

This is exactly the thing. To me, I get 'more' out of the fact more people might read my story than potentially being short listed. And the more 'likes' you have, the higher up the list it is in each contest, the more chance you have of being read and getting some feedback. Obviously if you are shortlisted or win you are going to get most exposure but since the odds of that are so miniscule, I'd prefer to have my story approved early on to maximise reads. As of now my latest is not approved but I can see there are about 140 stories already v...

Reply

Mary Bendickson
15:05 Aug 28, 2023

Guess you need to be a judge to find out😉. I follow so many gifted I only read from my activity list anymore. Can't even get to the ones listed first. Used to try to go to back of line to read some no one else is but don't get to them anymore. Seems I miss a lot of the winners. So many newbies win lately. I am just thrilled to make shortlist this week!!!😁

Reply

20:50 Aug 28, 2023

I don't have time to be a judge lol . It's hard to make time to write and keep up with the people I follow! So it will have to remain a mystery! :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Anna W
20:57 Aug 26, 2023

What a cool story! I love time traveling themes in stories. There’s so many ways to do it, and this one is a great way to do it. I didn’t see the twist coming, as usual lol. So great!!

Reply

15:17 Aug 29, 2023

Thank you Anna! :) Glad to surprise you again :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
11:17 Aug 26, 2023

Ooh the twist was very creative. I enjoyed reading this, and I like that it took a slightly darker tone as the plot escalated.💪 Thank you for writing this.

Reply

15:18 Aug 29, 2023

Thanks Cecilia! It was difficult enough to keep track of everything when I Was writing it. Had a couple of moments when I completely got lost in the narrative and didnt know which way was up!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kevin Logue
09:57 Aug 26, 2023

Very intriguing premise and well executed. One must sacrifice theirselves for the betterment of...theirselves. Timely wimey is a difficult storyline to try and wrap your head around and keep the logic at bay, but I think you've done it really well. After a while I genuinely stopped looking at the timestamps as the action progressed, to engaged in the dialogue. Another great entry Derrick. Keep her lit!

Reply

10:08 Aug 26, 2023

Lol I'm still not 100,% sure it works but I never understood doctor who logic either. I think technically if somebody an hour ahead of you stops moving and waits in one spot for an hour , you will catch up to where they are and bump into them but 🤯🤯🤯🤯 Thanks ! There was a point where I almost bailed on the thing because I was going insane trying to follow the logic!

Reply

Kevin Logue
10:12 Aug 26, 2023

Never let the truth/logic get in the way of a good story. 😁

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.