secret of a stranger

Submitted into Contest #37 in response to: Write a story that starts with the reveal of a long-kept secret.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery

Secrets of the stranger

            My sister always told me I was adopted, and I wasn’t supposed to be in this family. Mom says she’s just kidding but I knew she really means it, I knew she hated me, I don’t know why but the feeling was very mutual. She always had it out for me, and if that wasn’t bad enough, I feel like someone or something is watching me constantly. I was at the park and this older gentile man probably rough around my sister’s age between maybe twenty-seven? Twenty-eight?

           I don’t know, he was just staring at me like he knows me. I’ve never seen him before in my entire life. I got nervous so I left the park and went home, but I notice he was fallowing me.

Shit! Why is this creep fallowing me?!

I was walking and walking until I remembered this was the rout to the nearest police station. I went straight in, looked behind me. He wasn’t there.

           Good, though maybe I should tell the police about the guy.

I went up to one of the female cops at a desk. She was working on the computer when I strolled up. It took awhile for her to notice me.

“Um… excuse me.”

“What, can’t you see that I’m busy!”

“Yeah, but I wouldn’t disturbed you if this wasn’t important.”

“Ghha, what’s so “Important!” that you have to tell me?!”

“I was being stalked by this weird guy, through the park!”

“Are you fucking serious, ok what did he look like.”

“Well, I didn’t get a good look. But I noticed he was an older man between twenty-seven to twenty-eight, wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans.”

“Are you serious, all that and you didn’t get enough visual identification.”

           “Hey, I’m just doing the right thing.”

Then I just left, without help.

I got home by six pm. My mom was in the kitchen making dinner. I went to my room; I noticed my sister’s room was closed.

Thank god, I don’t have to see her ugly mug for a while.

I shut the door and locked it, went on my bed, put on some music, and went to bed. I woke up at four am for a mid-morning snack. Then I heard a small knock at the door, I didn’t know what passed me to open the door, but I opened it, and what I saw almost made me faint. It was that same guy that stalked me though the park. I got so nervous I slammed the door.

           After a minute I opened the door, and nothing, nobody was there. Was I hallucinating?! I still have this shaky feeling of someone, or something was watching me. Then I rushed up stairs, hid under the covers and tried to go to sleep. But I couldn’t.

           I keep telling myself it was my brain that was hallucinating that man.

He wasn’t there, he wasn’t there, he wasn’t there, he… wasn’t …. There…..

Then I finally went to sleep. I was at the park minding my own business when suddenly, I notice this man was staring at me. He was smiling at me with evil intent. He then he slowly walked up towards me, I started to run away. He started to chase me, I ran, and I ran, and I got to the police station. When I got there the door to the police station was locked. Then the strange man caught up with me .

           “There’s nowhere to hide, my dear.”

           “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

           Then I felt his hands all over me shaken me.

“Wake up, Maya!”

“Huh?!”

“Wake up, Maya time for school!” He said in a feminine familiar voice.

I woke up to find my Mother in my room.

           “Mom, why are you in here?!”

“I heard you were screaming, and plus it’s time for school.”

“Ugh, ok, ok I’m up.”

She left, and I got dressed. After I rushed downstairs, and out the door on my way to school. I got to school in record time and went straight to class. After I got there, I felt that same feeling of dread I felt when…          

           Then after a few minutes our principal walked into the room.

“Ok, students listen up! Your teacher is gone for a while, while he’s gone this is your new substitute teacher Mr. Hosstater.

           Oh..my…fucking…..god….. not him!

           It was the same fucking guy I saw at the fucking park! I raised my hand and was staring at the principal.

“Um, Principal Macibie can I speak to you outside for a moment alone. Please.” I said staring down at our new sub.

           “Ok, miss….”

           Before he said anything, we rushed out the door.

           “What’s the meaning of that miss…!”

           “Shhh, forgive my rudeness sir, but I was stocked by that man yesterday after school, and chased me down to the nearest police station.”

“Are you sure, you’re not lying to me are you miss….uh…”

           “ Ugh, it’s fricking Hosslor, Maya Hosslor, (Shigh) and no I’m not the type of person to lie sir.”

“ But we checked his background and it seems that he was ok.”

           “Sir, in all due respect I would know who the hell, pardoned my French, but I would know who was fallowing me. And he fits the bill.”

           “Well, we’ll just have to find out.”

Then he opened the door, and my blood ran cold, as he waved him over.

Shit, why are you waving that pedo here?!

“Mr. Hosstader, have you fallowed this poor girl home from school?”

“What, I’ve never met this girl in my life….”

“Lier! You fallowed me, though the park, and then you fallowed me to the nearest police station!”

           “No, I can a sure you, that it wasn’t me. And if you are making false accusations, you’ll be the first to be in detention.”

           Shit, he’s right, but I still can’t believe this fucking pedo.

           “ Ok, sorry sir.”

           “That’s a good girl.”

Then after school, I rushed home without him noticing. I got inside the door, and I saw my mom on the couch, she looked distraught. I threw my backpack on the ground and sat on the couch. I knew something was wrong. She looked at me like someone died.

           “Maya, there’s something I have to tell you…”

Wait does she know?!

“Wait, did you know?!”

“Wait…know what?”

“ Oh, so you don’t know, well I was being stocked by this guy, that’s roughly around Tina’s age!”

“Oh, my! Um….you see Maya I should of told you this along time ago…. You…. Are …adopted.”

“Ha, very funny mom.”

Then she looked at me almost tearing up.

           “I’m serous Maya, you were adopted.”

           “Oh, so I don’t belong to this family?”

           “Yes, though your father doesn’t think so.”

“Wait, I thought you said that dad died?!”

           “ Your Grandfather died.”

What?! Grandfather?! So, that mean’s……Are …you…fucking…serous!

           “So, what you’re saying is that the one that hates me the most is my mother, un fucking believable. So, who is my father?”

                      Then I jumped at the sound of the knocking of the door. Then my got nervous and opened the door.

“Oh, it’s you, what the fuck do you want?!”

Then I heard a male voice came from the door.

“ I want to meet my daughter, I know you’re telling her lies about me!”

“ Well, since now she didn’t know you didn’t exist!”

           “Well, since you’re here come in.”

Then my mom backed away to revile the man that was assumed to be my father.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

The guy she let in was that pedo from the park!

“Grandma, what are you doing?! That’s the pedo from the park!”

           “Pedo, wait you stocked your own daughter! Sicko!”

“No, I didn’t know she was daughter….oh, shit, I mean, that’s not what I mean…”

“ Ugh, you sick pervert! No wonder my daughter didn’t want anything to do with you!”

           “ I mean, I had this feeling she had to be my daughter. She had my mother’s eyes.”

Then I got the courage to speak.

           “So, if you are my father, how come you stocked me, and then ran away when I went to the police?!”

“You wouldn’t believe me even if I did tell you the truth.”

“Well, you should of told me.”

           Then my real mother walked in.

“Hi, Dian.”

           “Oh, you again, I thought you got married to the next skank you see and died.”

“No, I’m still single, and try to stay away from females like you like the black plague.”

           “So, why does our daughter have no idea who her father is?!”

                      “Oh, you didn’t hear, she thinks I’m her sister and my mom, is her like her mom…so, yeah.”

“Do you even care about your daughter?!”

“Um, no that’s why I gave her to my mother.”

“Un fucking believable, your so shelf absorbed. You don’t deserve to be a mother!”

Then I spoke my peace.

           “You, are such a bitch I didn’t do anything to you, but you blame me because you think I ruined your life, but if you kept your fucking legs shut maybe you wouldn’t of been in this mess you fucking whore!”

Then everyone was quiet, and I left quickly up to my room. After a while in my room crying, my grandmother, and father came into my room.

“Maya, I know that it seems you mother seem harsh, but she does love you. It’s just harder for her to express it, since she, and your father had you at a very young age. So, don’t be harsh at your mother.”

           “I know, it’s hard cause I’m hurt.”

“What if you live with me?”

“Live with you? Well I don’t know, Grandma?”

“Well, will it make you happy?”

“Well, I don’t know it might be a change of pace.”

“Well, if it’ll make you happy, I’ll be happy. Though you might want to tell your mother and say bye.”

“Why, would she even care?!”

           “ It’s not if she cares or not, it’s for closer.”

I took a deep breath and left my room. Her door was closed, I heard sobbing though the door. I knocked on the door.

“Go away.”

“It’s me…”

“For the last time, go away!”

I went into her room anyways. I looked straight into her watering eyes.

           “ What, do you want me to say? That I’m sorry that I’m the worst parent on the planet?!.....well, ok I’m sorry for not being there for you.”

“ It’s ok, you were a young parent, and I mean at lest you didn’t abort me like some mothers that didn’t care about their kids.”

“Yeah, well I knew mom would have been a better mother then me.”

“Well, I think it would be better if I live with father for a little while.”

“Oh, so you won’t be here anymore?”

“ But I’ll be back on Halladay’s.”  

“Ok, I can live with that.”

Then we started to laugh for the first time together. After I meet my father for the first time, I moved out of my grandmother’s house and moved to my fathers. For the first time I was happy.   

 


April 17, 2020 08:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.