0 comments

Friendship Teens & Young Adult Holiday

Adam is a teenage football star at his high school he is one of the most. If not the most popular kid in his high school. He went to every party that was thrown by his friends. Even went to parties he was invited to by students he did not know. His mother stops him one day and say.

Adams mom: ( Adam you need to think about your future.)

Adam: ( What do you mean?)

Adams mom: ( I mean all this partying you are doing. It is not good for you plus you have all of these, collage’s wanting you to play for them. You have a free ride into any collage you want. Stop the partying get your act together get you but in collage.)

Adam: ( I did not think about all of that. Thanks mom the partying stops now.)

Adam stopped going to parties got into his school studies. By the end of the school year his grades went from all C’s to all A’s. Being the school’s star quarter back helped him he had a lot of friends to help him study.

Through the rest of the two years that Adam was in high school. He stuck to his word he gave to his mom about not going to any party’s. His word to his mom carried of into collage no matter how many times. He was invited to parties Adam never went to one. All of his collage friends went to them then told Adam about them. Telling him he needs to go to at least one party.

Adam had a friend named Ben now Ben knows about all the parties. Who throws them if the people that goes to them. If they are good people or druggy people Ben looked out for Adam he liked Adam. Since the moment Adam stepped foot on campus. He took Adam under his wing teaching him the ropes of collage .

Ben taught Adam which of the best classes to, take and which ones were a waist of time. Where the best food is on campus unless he wanted to eat off campus. Also which teacher’s are awesome and which are boring. Plus which of the teachers barely know you are there.

But one thing Ben has never been able to do is get Adam to a party. He always asked Adam to join him at parties but Adam never went. Adam focused on his studies because he focused so hard on his studies. Adam’s grades was the best in the school along with him focusing on football he was the star. At the collage Ben can not help but wonder if he is really Adams friend or . So Ben asks Adam.

Ben: ( Hey Adam I know we share a room and all. Are we friends or just room mates?)

Adam: ( How can you ask that? We are friends.)

Ben: ( Friends do things together. I have asked you countless times to go with me to parties but you never do.)

Adam: ( I do not go to parties because I made a promise.)

Ben: ( To who?)

Adam: ( Sit down let me tell you a story.)

Ben sits down looks at Adam waiting for him to tell him his story.

Adam: ( Okay here is why I do not go to parties.)

Adam beings his long story starting in seventh grade.

Adam: ( Back when I was in seventh grade. All I wanted to do was play football so I studied hard I also worked out a lot. To build up muscle to get on the football team when it came time. For try outs I made it to the team but I did not stop I work hard. Both on my studies and football eventually I made it to starting quarter back. I became the star at my school that is when the partying began. Every week I was partying my grades was slipping. There was times I was still drunk and played football because me we lost a few games. That is when my mother came to me and told me I need to get my act together. To stop partying and focus on school to get in collage and make something of my self. So that is what I have been doing.)

Ben sits there a little up set at his self for thinking bad about Adam. Ben looks at Adam and realizes that the Christmas Holiday is coming up and tells Adam.

Ben: ( Adam look I am sorry for all of that. I am also sorry for thinking we was not friends look I want to make it up to you.)

Adam: ( Okay you do not have to. But I am curios just how you would make it up to me.)

Ben: ( Hear me out before you say no okay.)

Adam looks at Ben with a look of what is he trying to get me in to.

Adam: ( Okay?)

Ben: ( Okay. Now Christmas Break is coming up not one time have you gone home. Every other holiday you have so there is a Christmas, party that day no drinking allowed . It is strictly gift exchange plus a good time with friends nothing more. Please will you go with me you never know you may meet a woman there.)

Adam: ( Let me think it over.)

Ben looks down at the floor looks back up at Adam saying.

Ben: ( Okay. I hope you do come with me. I do not want you to get burnt out on your studies.)

Adam: ( I know you do not want that to happen to me. I thank you for looking out for me.)

Ben gets up walks out of the room Adam sits there at his desk thinking over. What Ben said knowing what Ben said is true about getting burnt out. Adam wanted to drop out of collage a few times. But Adam stuck it out to make his mother proud of him. Over the last few days Adam has been back and forth about this party. Ben has seen Adam coming close to cracking under the pressure of his studies. Ben goes to Adam one last time saying.

Ben: ( I can not watch you anymore. You are coming way to close to cracking under the pressures of collage. I have seen it before I will not let it happen to you. Get ready you are coming to this party with me.)

Adam: ( Alright fine I will go.)

Ben: ( Do not be acting like that. You need this release and you know it.)

Adam: ( You are right I need a escape from my studies. If only for a few hours.)

Adam and Ben go to the party they both have a awesome time. Adam makes new friends he even meets a woman there. Adam forgets about all of his studies just what he needs to do for a while. After the party Adam returns to his studies with a clear head. No pressure at all Adam decides that he needs to go to a party from time to time but not every week. Just to ease the pressures of collage Adam owes a big thank you to Ben. For making it to were he will not crack under the pressure of collage.

Becoming another kid to drop out of collage Adam knows now that. He does not have to party every week just from time to time. Collage can be hard you just have to find a out let like Adam did. 

May 13, 2021 18:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.