0 comments

Fiction Holiday Mystery

Mom, there's a rabbit in our garden. Lucy's mom a teacher, came to the scene, equipped to catch the rabbit. She fell after the rabbit ran in a random manner. I guess the rabbit would by saying 'victory is mine' at that moment. Her daughter asked if she is okay. I'm fine dear as she barely stood up on her own. Her father Jimmy a business man, arrived at home seeing his darling in an strange state. He says I think the rabbit got her again. Lucy laughed.

The next day, Lucy's high school teacher said a little history about the upcoming holiday. The class was in excitement as the teacher announced the holidays.

With vigour, Jimmy announced that they will be going to Ireland for the holidays. Lucy is happy that she would see her grandfather. Lucy's grandparents always have stories to say while see was in Ireland. At night, they sat for hours, listening to stories, understanding the meaning of it. This doesn't happen in the city, full of youths glued to the television and online advertisement. 

On a crimson Saturday, they all set to go on the mystery journey. Arriving, at Ireland, they received big welcome from the lively grandparents and the neighbors in the village. The were much older now. During dinner, Lucy pleaded with Grandpa to tell her some stories. Grandpa was tired but he promised to tell her a story tommorow.

Come on Lucy, we don't want to be late. They set out to the mountains to where witches held their celebrations every auspicious day especially, the 31st of October.

In the mountains, her grandfather told her the stories, as he showed her drawings on rocks, statue's, and the altar. They went to the field enjoying the sight of fresh flowers and trees. Jimmy caught a rabbit during hunt which he missed. The day was getting dark and they couldn't wait have a taste of the poor Rabbit.

At night, they danced to native Ireland's songs. Lucy was ridiculous when dancing. Jimmy and his wife managed to shake their feet. Her grandparents danced as if they regained their youth.

Lucy was out to get fresh air when she saw an old lady wetting her garden. Lucy greeted her but the old lady keep staring at her. The old lady poured water on her cat mistakingly. Lucy went inside feeling uncomfortable. She pondered about what just happened and ignored it.

 At that time, it's only her and her parents were awake. Her mother asked why the look on her face. She said the neighbor intensely stared at her. Julia says she shouldn't be silly and her name is Bridget as Lucy Assisi her with the chores.

Next day in the evening, the sky got dark with shades of blue colour. The winds got stronger destroying structures. Julia and Lucy were worried as it seems the house is about to collapse. They became worried and Lucy looked outside from the window searching if men of the home has arrived. 

She noticed a whirlwind at a distance. Leaves, plants and object graced the skies. She hasn't seen anything like this before. Her grandmother says she should be calm and be optimistic because she was fidgeting. It continued for about fifteen minutes. 

The wind stops as the sun shines brightly. She and her grandparents came outside to see the damages done and they met other villagers in the same state, looking with pity at their houses destroyed as well as properties. Sooner, her parents came looking shocked at the damages done as well as parts of their roof. widow said in anger that;

"This hasn't happened before and it shouldn't happen at a time like this".

The brightness of the sun didn't reflect the emotions, of the people at the moment. Lady Bridget whose house was partially damage said to everyone with a loud voice that the reapers and the dark lord has come come for vengeance. The darkest hour of humanity approaches.

What is she saying? 

This old lady is at it again a man said.

 Her statement doesn't seem to show remorse for the destruction that just happened. The villagers hauled abusive words at her to let out their anger. 

Another day, Lucy was sent to the farm to bring home some vegetables. The raining on her way back so, she seek refuge in a small makeshift  house. Upon entering the house she saw the old lady Bridget. She wasn't comfortable as she greeted her. 

You are Lucy aren't you she asked. Come, sit close to the fire as the lady serve her tea. The silence was broken when Bridget said I don't hurt people and asked why is she afraid of her?

The Lightening stroke and startled Lucy as the cat embraced it's owner. The old lady says 'do you like listening to stories'. 

Yes, I do.

What I'm about to tell you is true. Here it goes;

"Once upon a time, our world was full of peace, beauty. The world was simple and anything you want, you can get it without difficulty. It felt as if a divine being placed us in a Disneyland. At every 31st of October, the witches all over the world would gather at midnight to perform rituals. 

Rituals! Lucy said

Yes rituals..... I will explain later. During, the rituals, they would dance around a bonfire like a serpent. The drums give out sounds that leads you to a trance state. After a while, the dancing stops and they all give out their spiritual energy, to the Earth and all beings in it. That was the source of Joy, life, prosperity and beauty we had on Earth. 

A day came when every thing change. It was worst than the dark age. An evil being with eyes that looks deep into your soul and corrupt it. His stench can be perceived far away but only the witches can perceive it. Its hands and legs are as thin as the witches broom. Its face is beautifully disgusting as if it was crafted by the 'god of the sewage'. Not only that, his hands were adorned with gold, diamonds and gems stolen from the helpless women when it absorbs their souls. 

It had its minions but its a lower degradation of itself. They hunt the living and the dead. The most dangerous of it's defiled nature is that it disguises like humans. Even beautiful and handsome like our modern models. This entity, arised from the depth of the earth and made sure it took away our peace, love, freedom. The being and it's minions attacked our strong warriors, heroes. The more we die the more it minions grow and expand. The more powerful it became. 

At a time there was a young king brave and mighty, he had all sorts of charms and able-bodied soldiers. They fought hard to their last breath. The entity couldn't defeat him so it possessed him, controlled him. Then, that ones beautiful kingdom disappeared into the sands of time. And so on it possessed all Queens and kings on earth leading to a desolate existence. It nearly took over the world. Our ancestors had to live in caves and mountains to survive. We couldn't do those rituals anymore which lead to further to degradation of the earth.

On a dark night, a bright star fell upon the earth in the human population. They ran thinking it's part of the evil Lord's scheme. A witch was brave enough to go to the star that burns and behold a spirit being came forth and he said "peace and blessings upon this world." He gave the witch, powers to defeat the evil Lord. The entity was defeated and peace is restored to the earth but for some seasons.

Lucy asked some questions about the riruals and why the comment, she made after the storm yesterday.

"You see the rituals done nowadays, is not like the ones done by our ancestors. They don't do bloody rituals and sacrifices. They simply pray give out their spiritual energy aldo what I said is true. The events that happened was a result of the evil Lord and his minions resurrected. Dark days are coming to earth."

Aren't you way over your head Lucy asked. Bridget says that Lucy's family lineage is that of the witches. By then, the rain stopped and she hurried back home. She told her family what happened. Jimmy confronted lady Bridget next morning for saying such story to her. Just as she wanted to talk back. Some weird entities crawled into the village. 

Everyone ran Helter skelter as it devoured humans and animals. Lucy remembered the description of the beings and began to cry. All over the world, the evil Lord took over villages, towns. Lucy's family and other villagers, stayed in the bush and forest. The world literally turned into apocalyptic state. Not even the best weapons on earth could destroy them. The future wasn't good as they face extinction.

On a fateful day, Bridget said that the only way, it can be defeated, is for the witches to do a ritual. Lucy's parents said she is crazy as she bite a meat of the hunted animal. At night, Lucy always have nightmares, about the monsters. She met Bridget and told her about the nightmares she has. 

She told Lucy that her ancestors were witches and she is of the high priestess descendants. She is the high priestess reincarnated into Lucy. Lucy you are destined to destroy those monsters and not sooner she said that, the minions attacked their hideout. 

They had no place to run then, the old lady began saying some words and then thunder bolt striked the monsters to death. Lucy as well as her family were shocked and from then on, they believe the stories of the old lady except Lucy being a witch. Lucy had a dream of a divine being with powerful soul. He is a tall blonde man and spoke to her saying;

"The reason why the monsters were awaking is because, they don't do rituals anymore. You don't use the spiritual energy to replenish the earth like your ancestors. Your world is full of darkness and relying completely on technology and creating strange religions of worship which has failed you people. You don't seek relationship with the Divine beings. Samhain which you called Halloween is not the day for vampires, spooks, ghost, zombies and other frightening images and action. It's a day of festivities, indulgence praying for blessings because, the influence of the Gods are very strong on the day of Halloween. The way to defeat your nightmares is for the people of earth to believe in the Divine gods of your ancestors and perform the rituals of your ancestors on the last day of October. If this is not done, your days are numbered."

Upon waking up from the ground on which she slept, she went to the old lady and told her dreams to her. She told Bridget that she alone can open the gates because she holds the power of the great high priestess. She says she will contact all the high priestess worldwide in the astral realm and perform the rituals by 00:04 am on 31st of October to destroy the negativity of the monsters on earth. Lucy was overwhelmed but Bridget assured her that she is capable to open the gates.

After Bridget contacted the remaining witches in the world to gather in thirteen person's per group, Lucy followed the old lady to the cave her grandfather showed her earlier through a means like teleportation. In the cave there were thirteen female witches including the Bridget, Lucy and her grandmother. Lucy was surprised to see her grandmother there. Her grandmother says that she doesn't want Jimmy and Julia to know that's why she didn't tell her. 

At the hour of 00:04, the witches dressed in black robes, consecrated the cave and dance around a bonfire in a serpentine manner to the primal sounds of the drums. Lucy was nervous as she took the role of the high priestess. All over the world the witches we're doing the same. The monsters were closing in on the cave as well as the abode of Lucy's family and surviving villagers.

Lucy entered a trance state and with the power of the will, she decreed that;

"In the name of the Divine Gods, the God's who controls the power of nature, the principals of the five elements of creation, open the spiritual gates of your glorious powers, fill this earth with thy energy and destroy the evil Lord and his minions as well as it's negativity. Fill your creations with your thy energy and wisdom. This we all pray on to thee."

The rest twelve witches said:

"So shall it be"

After that Lucy pronounced some words of power and was rocking back and forth like she was possessed by a God.

At an instant, a brilliant light, beamed from Lucy's head into the sky. Her aura became brighter and brighter. The light pierced through the sky and opened a portal. A growling sound of the evil lord was heard some kilometers away.

Divine beings with fair skin with blonde and dark hair as well as dark skin like the races of humans, male female descended into the earth, dressed in white garment prepared for battle.

They fought and guarded the witches, destroyed the evil forces of the minions. The battle between light and darkness lasted for nine hours. At last, the great God Zeus with his muscular figure, stepped into the fight. All the minions died from the light emanating from his body as he walked towards the evil Lord.

The evil entity charged desperately towards the mighty God and with Zeus lightening bolt, he destroyed the monster in second. Such is the power of the great God. 

The people of earth were filled with joy in the morning of the Halloween. The rest witches all over the world joined in the rituals and send spiritual energies into the earth. The earth was safe and made beautiful through the help of the Gods. Everyone in the world saw the Divine beings full of light and beauty and pay homage and respects. Lucy became an heroine. Jimmy and Julia were happy for their daughter.

Halloween was saved, there was merriments, dances and excitement. The Gods danced among men, women and children.

 Do you know why?

Halloween was saved.

October 30, 2020 09:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.