0 comments

Drama

Every morning she awakens to paint her face with makeup and adorn herself in casual attire, distressed jeans, T-shirt, Tennis shoes and a splash of perfume. That morning she places her hand on her chest and runs to the ladies restroom to cry, she cannot fathom what has happened. She has developed a mental deterrent. The journalist remembers she must wipe the tears from her eyes that reminds her of forbidden relationships.


She worries whether or not the story will be selected for publishing. Only hours before the countdown to the end of the year to write her first article, she must speed read through the pages of her notes, counting every line. “The Perfumed Writer” is her title until she executes the echelon of professionalism.

Now is the time, for the perfumed writer to join the junior journalism team. The Chief executive editor approves the first assignment she will tackle “Why Divorce occurs in the United States”.

Ready for her first assignment, she must get rid of a mental block to write her story successfully.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she remembers a relationships at an early age called “puppy love”.

She remembers winning her first bag of marbles and how the intentions of his heart had not yet struck her. It was very comforting to see a smile on his face. She was in need of a friend and had no idea that opposites attract in a moment of time.


She thought to herself that he would be fun to play with as a young lady. In her mind she planned their marriage, but to her chagrin he had a different friend.

She is grateful that she did not chase the puppy dog that captured her heart. He was in love with a girlfriend. Fighting the intentions of the heart at an early age, she realizes that the outcome would have led to infidelity and lack of trust.


She jots down a few additional notes exploring why young marriages do not last because of the adage of “puppy love”.

She has three hours before the countdown of the year and will include young marriages and infidelity in her article.

Running out of time, she wants to write about the outcome for a relationship based on riches not love and what a woman will tolerate.

She remembers her father’s brown eyes and his bitter spirit toward her mother. Another mental deterrent occurs that she calls writers block. She jots a side note to move forward with her article. A relationship must be based on the circle of love,. Spiritual health, Love and finance.

The unperfumed writer opens her encyclopedia searching for prominent marriages that have failed and why.

Time still counting down before the year ends.

Digging into history she choses to write about Rachele Mussolini. Again, she develops a mental deterrent which is writers block, because she does not want to write anything negative about any family member. The countdown is on and she has two hours left to build this story.

Rachele Mussolini was portrayed as the model housewife and mother but did not know of her husband Mussolini’s mistresses. So, she pretended to believe that he did not have various mistresses. She bore five children to him. The second wife of Mussolini she was willing to tolerate his relationships.

Still learning about how she must have tolerated the relationship until divorced, the unperfumed writer realizes the heartache that is involved.

She writes that Rachele Mussolini borne into poverty was made to believe she had a Cinderella relationship. This affect caused her to believe that if you love and cherish your family you can tolerate any heartache.

The countdown has begun she has an hour and a half to write about how this character ties in with the relationships of today.

She asks herself what are the most common causes of divorce?

Case in point, Rachele Mussolini a fascist was poverty stricken. She married Mussolini and bore five children. Mussolini had various mistresses. How did this affect her relationship with the dictator? Because of her economic situation did she tolerate his unwanted approaches until he found another lover or many. Eventually her relationship with him ended after he was captured.


Again, she writes about infidelity and mistrust. She has now collected enough information to present about the "Mussolini" family and infidelity.

Time still passing by at a fast pace, she continues to build her story.

The article begins, African American women between the ages of 50 and 59 are more likely to get divorced.

Women acknowledge that a man of the world has engaged in many relationships and is very subtle and experienced. Unlike the male she prefers to stay single, not engaging in multiple relationships if she completes that circle of love.

If she is smart, she will train her mind and educate herself how to complete that circle. The circle is comprised of your spiritual well being, love and finances.


If she is inexperienced and allows the man to win her over. She will experience much defeat at the hands of her conqueror. If love is not twofold.

Because of inexperience and unrealistic expectations, she must care for a family alone. Depression and economic challenges cause her to weigh the pros and cons.

She thinks of the poor mother left to nourish a child and the outcome for a minority if not educated or...

Experiencing the sour taste of divorce in the family, one should elect to choose the opposite of finances, true love.

Second guess is that most relationships begin as fun, exciting and end up in domestic violence.

Before beginning a relationship, she would like to find out his likes and dislikes. It is best like a "wall" she keeps herself protected until married.


Now she must gather all the facts about her story and the ill effects of infidelity and tolerance. She thinks of her father that was able to provide for her mother, but lost out on the true meaning of love.

So, the question lies is love worth the long course of a relationship? Will it last if the circle of love is complete.

The countdown is panting by. She has one hour to the countdown to present her article to the chief editor. The perfumed writer has gathered all her facts but must present the information in a coherent and logical manner.

The chief editor calls and informs her that the meeting will begin an hour before the year ends. The perfumed writer is now prepared to deliver her speech about the divorce epidemic. She basis the research on the belief that divorce ends because of “puppy love”, marrying to early, the mid age crisis of the African American Woman, and the case of marrying into riches though you know your spouse has various mistresses. Tears now stream down her face, for she was the victim of unwanted love. She gives her article the title “The Young Woman and Wealthy Woman Divorce Epidemic”.

December 25, 2020 21:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.