0 comments

Drama Friendship Inspirational

I strike one last pose on the red carpet before resuming my journey towards the entrance . Entering the venue I smile as I walk past the other guests towards my assigned chair but my smile turns into wide grin as I spot Riana settled on the chair next to mine , her face also reflecting the same smile when she notices me . Once settled I look around the place and notice many famous people and public figures present and I can't help but let my thoughts wander to how drastically my life has changed in couple of years.

I had attended this event , Annual Music Meet , two years ago also but as another playback singer . Though this year also I am attending as singer , not as playback anymore but as the nominee for " Best album of the year " and also as the winner of "Next Rising Star " .

This has to be a dream , were my words and wincing from the pain due to hard pinch by myself , were my reaction , when I first received this mail and invitation. Then I phoned one of the most important person of my life and that person said and I quote " See I told you would make it El . Congrats I am very proud of you El " I nod even though that person cannot see me , my throat feels blocked from many emotions , clearing my throat I keep repeating thank you again and again and again . That person laughs and we then hang up after parting words . Even though I had dreamt of this but nothing had me prepared for this to happen so soon since my fan base is still expanding I believe.

No , I am not new to this music industry but have been 7 years into the business , when I started my career at age of 19, yet never received such recognition and fame until last year and all thanks to my music producer who also now happens to be my best friend , Riana Ivy Davila .


Our meeting was not in any studio or at any set , it was a quite unusual one . Reminiscence about it still brings a smile on my face .

We met one and half year ago on the streets of Da Vinci where I was helping a boy named Andrew with my voice , singing , while he played guitar to attract the crowd . We met that day for the first time , while I was crossing the road I heard a familiar tune playing, walking up to him I saw him playing it on guitar and a small box kept at some distance indicating he was in need of money thus not being able to resist I asked him can I also join he smile and nodded .

Many stopped , listened , paid and continued with their journey but Riana stayed rooted to the spot listening intently to me .

At first I didn't pay attention to her and bowed to thank the crowd, but when she approached me I found myself curious to know about what corrections or words of praise she had .Standing in front of me she said -

" You sang exactly like the original singer of the song ,"

Her words had me smiling because I appreciated her listening skill but also felt I have seen her before thus after a moment I replied -

" Because I am the one who had recorded it ".

She clearly was taken back by my answer but she quickly recovered and composed herself , her stance and voice now business like she adds -

" Finally I got to meet you Miss. Scott ".

Now it was my turn to be taken back seeing my reaction she chuckles and introduces herself -

" Hi , I'm Riana Davila , music producer and song writer . I had heard you many times and you surely have an angelic voice ".

My eyes widen cause it would be a lie if I say I still didn't recognize her. Of course whole music industry is familiar with her but me meeting her for the first time and she identifying me is whole different thing.

" Hello ma'am , it's my pleasure meeting you ". I nervously say rewinding my singing from earlier to figure out any mistake or any off beat .

She smiled sweetly at me and hands me her business card, she said-

" It will be my pleasure working with you , I hope you'll look forward to our meeting at my office when ever you are free and as of me I would really want to meet tomorrow itself and you can call me Riana ".

To say I was shock would be an under-statement because I was more than that , quickly recovering -

" I would love to come down tomorrow itself Miss. Davila " was my over enthusiastic reply .


And that's how my journey of music had taken a new turn under her guidance , where I started singing for myself letting my talent get best of me .

Though I have sang for hundred's of people , I never had self-confidence since most of them never even bothered to acknowledge my name . But it all changed when she made me see my worth.


I had given up my dream of having my own identity long time back and now sitting at this award show and hearing my name , Elizabeth Ina Scott, being called for respective award ,igniting loud round of applause , I stand and look towards my best friend who also stood up along with me and engulfs me into a tight hug which I reciprocate and thank her for everything my eyes glistening with tears , she pulls back and squeezes my arm for comfort and motions me to go , I nod and start walking in direction of the stage while I realized one thing that is , in this world of rat race the only person you need is You and a right guide . Also when you know your importance and live for yourself and chase your dream than this world will surely treat you as a QUEEN !!

by AMZ


July 06, 2021 13:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.