0 comments

American Friendship Teens & Young Adult

Larry is a very impulsive person he does not save his money. When ever he has money right to the store he goes with out thinking. His friends try to talking him into saving his money but he never listens. Larry sees cool thinking that he just has to have he does not think about running out of money. But Larry will learn a hard lesson in not being so impulsive.

One day Larry come across a car that he has to have a nice old car a classic. Larry looks at the price tag on it it will take all of his savings in the back to get. He has never spent that much on something before his friends tell him no. Not to get it but does Larry listen to them no he does not one friend says.

Friend: ( Larry you do not need a car like that.)

Larry: ( Yes I do.)

Friend: ( Why? Tell me why? And I will not say another word. But it has to be a good reason.)

Larry: ( Well Fred. It is like this you have a nice classic car. I want a classic car to build up and call my own. It will something I did with my own two hands.)

Fred: ( Okay that is a good answer. I will not say another word.)

Larry ends up buying the car uses all the money he has saved up. Now he has nothing at all in the bank he is living pay check to pay check. Every bit of extra money he has goes into the car trying to make it what he wants. Larry’s parents would be upset if they see him now using all of his inheritance to buy a a car that cost more to fix up then it is worth.

When Larry’s parents passed away they left him a small inheritance. Just enough to get by on for a while but Larry being impulsive. Spent the majority of it on fancy clothes taking trips to nice places. All the stuff he did not need to do then he turned around and used the rest of it on a car. That is taking every cent he has to fix it up soon Larry is taking loans from friends to pay bills. While his money is going in the car Larry’s friend happens to stop by his house on day to talk to him.

Fred: ( Hey Larry where you at?)

There is loud music coming from the garage Fred walks over. Sees Larry under the hood of his classic car Fred crack a little smile. Seeing Larry working so hard on his car he walks over pats Larry on the shoulder. Larry looks up to see Fred standing there Larry gives Fred a smile. Larry walks over turns the radio off looks back at Fred saying.

Larry: ( What are you doing here?)

Fred: ( I stopped by to have a talk with you about a few things.)

Larry: ( Okay about what?)

Fred: ( Well it is like this. I told you not to get this car you saving from your inheritance is gone because of this car. You are living pay check to pay check because of this car. My wife and I came up with a solution for you.)

Larry gives Fred a strange look walks around the car. Looking at then looks back at Fred Larry finally says.

Larry: ( What exactly did you have in mind.)

Fred: ( You will go to work. I will work on you car I have the part’s and the time. You know that you also know that I am a mechanic. My wife will take over your money every week catching you up on bill’s. The rest will go into your bank account to save.)

Larry looks hard at Fred not saying a word for three minutes. He just kept looking at Fred till he says.

Larry: ( Hmm I am not sure that is going to work for me. )

Fred: ( Larry this is not about what works for you. You are to impulsive it got you in debt up to your eyes you have taken loans. From my wife and I when are you going to stop Larry we are trying to help you.)

Larry looks down at the floor because he knows Fred is right. Being to impulsive cost Larry way to much if he does not do something. And fast it will cost him his parents house they left him Larry looks back at Fred and says with tears in his eyes.

Larry: ( I know I messed up big time. I do not know how to get out of this mess man I use to not have to worry about money.)

Fred: ( That is why we are here to help you. If you just listen and do what we say you will get back to that spot.)

Larry: ( I have no idea if I can stop being so impulsive.)

Fred: ( It will be hard. Trust me it will all you have to do is stop and think before you do something big. Look at where it got you not thinking and just spending and spending and spending money. You are barely getting by putting all your money into this car. Your electric is off you have no food in the house when you want to just spend money with out think remember this moment.)

Larry: ( Yeah. Okay lets do it please help me.)

Fred: ( That is why I am here. By they way if your electric is out how you listening to the radio.)

Larry chuckles at little bit walks over to the radio lifts it up and says.

Larry: ( It is battery operated.)

Fred: ( Oh okay. So the final part of our plan is that you will stay at our house with us. You will get up for work every day go and come back to our house. You will not return to your house till all of the bills are caught up.)

Larry: ( Why am I not allowed at my own house?)

Fred: ( If you stay here you will forget every bit of this conversation. Go back to work on this car and not go to work and you will lose everything.)

Larry looks down at the floor not sure what to say exactly Looks back up at Fred. To say the only thing he could say.

Larry: (Okay. I will do everything you tell me to do.)

Fred: ( Good. You do this and in no time you will have your house back. Your car will be finished all your bills caught back up. Plus money back in the back and we will teach you how to think before you just buy stuff. So you do not end up back here again.)

Over the next few months Larry did everything, that Fred and his wife told him to do. He got up went to work came back their house. Gave Fred’s wife his check they went to the back deposited his check. Then they went back to Fred’s house she wrote down every bill of Larry’s. Showed him how to work his bill’s every month.

Slowly thing started to come together the electric was caught back up. Even turned back on all of his credit cards he was using are paid off. Larry slowly was coming out of debt one thing at a time. After about six months of doing this Larry has paid off everything. Also along they way he learned that being impulsive is not always good.

Also Larry learned to think before he spent money. Larry’s friend Fred and his wife helped Larry big time . Soon it came time for Larry to go back to his house Fred’s wife stalked. Larry’s cabinet’s and fridge for him as Larry looks around Fred comes in saying.

Fred: ( Hey Larry I just finished up with your car. Come on out and take a look at it.)

Fred always new Larry’s style with stuff so so Fred made that car. Look like it just came off the show room floor kept the old school style. But brought everything up to date in side brought a nineteen eighty eight car in to the two thousands. Everything is brand new with the car Fred even souped up the engine.

Larry cry’s a little bit looking at the car turns to Fred gives him a hug. Walks around the car looking at it Fred goes over everything . He did to the car listing over everything he did to the car. Fred looks at Larry tosses him the keys and says.

Fred: ( Take you car for a spin.)

Larry: ( You want to come?)

Fred: ( No man I am getting home to my wife. You enjoy yourself and keep in mind everything we taught you do not ever forget it.)

Larry: ( I will not forget it.)

 Larry gets in his new car after months of waiting he turns the key. The car fires to life Larry drives real slow out of the garage. Turns on to the street and takes off Fred smiles as he sees Larry driving off. Fred walks over to his house hugs his wife and gives her as kiss as they walk into their house.

May 27, 2021 18:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.