0 comments

Drama Romance

I almost forgot! The tablecloth is first, I put on the white tablecloth which is my favorite cloth. It’s perfect for this soon to be magical day of my date. I keep dreaming of his perfect, smooth blonde hair and his dreamy smile. He’s all I wished for. 

I put a clear vase filled with red roses that represent love and romance. I grab the lanterns and light them up.

Every lantern I put up means I’m closer to finishing this romance setting in my backyard and seeing him. The lanterns look like his glowing, shiny blue eyes. 

I look at the watch, it’s Five Thirty two. Our date starts at Seven. Enough time to get this place looking perfect for my perfect future husband. 

I continue putting up the lantern which starts making this place a bit lighter and joyful. The trees surrounding the table look bright and romantic, even better than I imagined in my mind.

I walk into the house to get all ready for the magical evening. I do some finishing touches to my skirt dress with the sewing machine before putting it on. I love how my handmade black & white skirt dress turned out. It’s romantic and pretty. I would properly have to pay double the amount if I was going to a store. 

I pull up a chair in the master bathroom forwards to the mirror. I start thinking about a hairstyle. A hairstyle that would look perfect.

A bread! A French hair braid is perfect, it isn’t difficult and it doesn't make the outfit look over the top. 

I put on some Velvet Ribbon lipstick which is the only makeup I use. I don’t wanna hide from my first date under a layer of makeup. I want him to see the true me, not someone who hides behind a mask. If he doesn’t like it then he isn’t my dreamy, handsome, perfect, sweet future husband, but I can’t lie he is pretty amazing. 

When I finish, I grab some white lilly’s I bought from the store. I cut the plant stem and leave only one inch on the stem attached to the flower.

When I have the 3 of them I start putting them into breaded hair. Perfect, I tell myself. I look perfect and happy. 

Suddenly I spot a door, a door that wasn’t there before. A door I never knew that it was there. I walk towards and open it. 

When I open the door I find the same exact room as the one I just came from. Is this real?! What am I seeing right now? 

I quickly enter the master bedroom, and close the door. That was so bizarre. Maybe I should go back. 

I turn around and see that the door disappears. Maybe I was in my imaginary world? 

All of a sudden I hear glass break, downstairs. Is someone in the house? Am I getting robbed right now? 

 A new feeling comes over the confusion, I start to feel scared. I look for my phone to dial an emergency. Where the heck did I leave it?! Where is my stupid phone when I need it more? `

I felt it outside while I was taking photos of my romantic setting date. I just hope that person leaves soon, I want it to be perfect. I want this date with the guy of my dreams to be perfect. 

Time goes by and I start to think that I must have made it up again, but just in case I grab a lap. Better to me safe than sorry is what my mother always told me. 

I walk out of my room and start going towards the stairs until I hear someone walking right under me. I quietly and slowly go downstairs not trying to make a noise. I just have to get my phone and I’m out. I tell myself the plan. 

I finally got on the first floor with my lamp still in my hands. I feel a bit frightened. What if this person is armed? A million thoughts are passing through me. One side of them is telling me to not interfere and get the heck out, but the other side wants me to interfere. I don’t want this one person to mess up my date. 

 I don’t want this person to mess up what I have been dreaming about since my childhood. I don’t want this rude person to mess up anything! I worked so hard! 

All this exasperation, fury and rage is filling me up. Without thinking I run towards the noise with my lamp. The intruder is a male and he’s... doing the laundry. What kind of intruder does the laundry? Why isn’t he attacking? 

“Sir please get out” I say, but the intruder doesn’t respond or even look at me. He's pretending like I don’t even exist. 

“SIR,” I yell this time, but still he doesn’t acknowledge me. 

“DING DONG,” the doorbell rings. Oh no. My date is here, but an intruder is in here as well and he wouldn't pay attention to me. Maybe I should hit him with my lamp? 

“DING DONG,” goes the doorbell again. What should I do?! Maybe I could tell my date and he could help me? Maybe I should just call an emergency, but I got to go outside. 

“Honey could you answer the door?,” says the intruder. 

“Hey You! Listen up don't call me Honey & get your but out,” I yell. 

“Sure thing,” a Lady interrupts me. The Lady walks right through me, like I’m a ghost. I froze in place, What just happened? Did she? What the heck is happening?! I barely believe what I saw, but nothing will stop me from having my date. I quickly run to the door, but realize something is out of place. 

I quickly head to the picture and realize. That it isn’t mine. I realize I don’t own this picture. 

The picture had two strangers and it's a wedding photo, but when I look more closely at the photo, I notice the broom is that intruder and the bride isn’t a stranger, it’s me. I’m…..I’m…married?!?

February 19, 2021 19:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.