0 comments

Fiction Historical Fiction Sad

Chapter 1- Samantha/ Sammy

Hello! I’m a 12-year-old girl in the UK. My name is Samantha It’s Thursday, July 17th, 1943. The war has been going on for 4 years. I was 8 when the war started. I was terrified. I shook in my skin every time a boom landed. I and my mum have been hiding in this building. The building has only been hit 5 times in the last 5 months. I and Mum change hiding spots every 6 months because they get taken over or they get destroyed. We have 1 more month until it gets taken over or destroyed. The building is in good shape so we might stay here for a little bit longer. My old man and brother have fought in the war. They left when the war started and we haven’t seen them since. My brother died in Germany. My old man has been going strong. My brother was only 15. He was born exactly 3 years before me. We were both born on April 15th. My Mum was born on November 10th. My Pa was born on June 4th. I miss my brother dearly. He made me smile and loved me when I was sad. My Old Man is coming home next week. It’s brutal. He will only be here for 2 hours. If he stays any longer he will get brutally beaten and he will lose his position in the British Army. This is terrible for a person. If you get kicked out of that no one will hire you. But if you escape and don’t get found that’s even worse. If they find you, you can get sent to Germany and beaten by the Nazis. If you are not found within a week and you are out of the country you are free. If you come back to the country you are under the British Army watch. Hopefully, Dad doesn’t do that. If he does then he would only take Mum. He wouldn’t take me. I know this for a fact because Dad didn’t like me very much. He wanted me to be a boy so I could fight if something like this ever happened. He would make me do all of the work for the house when Mum was at work. I got pressured to finish my work when I got home. Dad didn’t do this to Richard. When he got home he got to play games and watch tv. Sometimes Richard would sneak help me with the cleaning when Dad wasn’t looking. I trusted my brother dearly. He was the person I talked to when I had a rough time with something. He would pretend to want to watch something when Dad said I had to watch something Richard wanted. Dad would question it when Richard wanted to watch Makeup tutorials and Baking shows. Richard told Dad “I like it. I’m thinking of being a baker after I fight if it ever happens.” Dad loved Richard so much he told him “Whatever you want son. I’ll pay for your schooling and your bakery.” When I told Dad what I wanted to be when I grew up he ignored me and growled at me. I wanted to be a baker. That’s why I loved baking shows. Richard took my story and pretended it was his. When Richard died I felt lonely. Mum was under his power so when Dad was there she hated me. Even when he wasn’t there she still hated me. This time with Mum has been brutal. Now that I thought about it I wanted Dad to get kicked out of the British army. 

Chapter 2- Isla/Islie

Isla was a 14-year-old girl in France. She and her family were in a normal house. Then all of a sudden a boom hit the room. They shook with fear. “WHAT THE CRAP!” Her father yelled when the hole in the wall came visible. Soon after Isla’s father got a call. “Yes, mister. I’ll be right there.” He repeated. “What happened?” Isla asked. “The Space Force has called. They need me. We are in some kind of war. Called World War II” He answered. Isla froze. She had read about wars and the first World War. She read how it was brutal and many people died. It seemed sad. Isla broke out in tears. Standing in front of her father. She fell on the floor in her tears. She sobbed and laid there. Her father stood and watched. Meanwhile, her mother and younger brother stood in shock. They watched Isla break down. They watched her sadness. They watched her meltdown. Her mother closed her brother’s eyes as debris shot into the small apartment. Isla continued to break down. She sobbed and sobbed. She tore and tore at her shirt. She tore at her shoes and the wooden floor beneath her. Isla was broken. She didn’t want her father to leave them. She needed her father dearly. He was the only one who cared for her. Her mother was hard on her and her brother hated her. Her mother was hard on her because she was disabled. Isla had Down Syndrome. Her brother bullied her for it calling her Weird faced and different. Isla didn’t feel different. She felt the same. Isla was shamed at school. She was treated differently and she couldn’t do everything she wanted. She had to sit in the back of the class and she couldn’t read anything out loud because no one would hear her. She would whisper under her breath. The teacher pretended to hear her knowing she was whispering. The teacher was on her side when kids would bully her. The teacher would take Isla to her office during recess. They would play board games and talk about anything Isla wanted. Her teacher had died 2 months ago in the war. Isla was broken when she heard the news. She cried and wept for days. Then she had to let the tragity go.

March 10, 2022 23:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.