0 comments

Friendship Fiction

Stubborn as a Bull:


What do you do when two best friends fall in love with you, but only one may have your best interest at heart? The other one wants to have sex without serious commitments. Living in a world with friends sometimes bring on hardship because of the choices lying right in front without much remorse for turning the other direction. Life can deliver a decision-making conquest of two separate worlds and both must be attended to avoid losing friends forever. Lena moved to a city taking a job with a decent pay, since graduating from college. Her two best friends are resided there and offered to be a friend with guidance to the end when trouble lurks her way. Having friends is not the problem, the only complex issue is the time spent having fun on the Rooftop Club has captured more than just friendship feelings enforcing a different kind of love for Lena. After the exposure of these wild feelings, the entire situation turns into a crazy love battle, where each man expects Lena to make a final decision on who will be the lucky one chosen.


These two males are established with real jobs to offer support and is looking to support Lena. Lena is torn between the two because she loves them both as friends, and ever since she found out how each one feels about her, the comfortable world, she has developed has flipped upside down. Now, the raging emotions are coming to a head for her to make a final choice or what’s worst, take a risk of losing them both as friends, altogether. Lena’s cousin came to the large city to help with the move. On the way to return the Rental truck, she had gotten lost in traffic and had to turn into a gas station due to her car began spatting and jerking. After speaking to the clerk, she agreed to leave the car there overnight and return the next day to get the vehicle. Without a second thought, Lena began to walk away remembering several miles down the road, her cell phone is left in the car with her small purse, which is locked in the trunk. She could kick herself for not remembering to grab those most important items before leaving.


Several miles down the road, she recalls the Rooftop Club, where she and her friends would sometimes hang out during her visits, while attending college. The next thought Lena foresaw is to return to the club and take a chance on running into at least one of her best friends. Lena carried a small pull bag on wheels with several of changes of clothes inside with a few personal items to maintain good hygiene, which she took very seriously. She walked up the stairs to get to the roof of this fabulous club, which held fond memories for the three friends as music rung through the air. Reaching the main entrance to the club, Lena notices both friends sitting at the bar enjoying a game on the wall hanging flat screen. Both had a few drinks and Luke glances to see her enter the area and gets louder, but turns his head quickly as to not notice her at all. Next to him is a female sitting and laughing, while enjoying the game as well. Jim never saw her, as he continued to watch the game.

 Lena decides to continue her journey to the rooftop where the music was playing to relieve her mind of the mistakes made, thus far. Having no cell phone and friends right before her presence, but expects no direct attention, because she needed time to think and figure out her next move on how to return to her new apartment. After searching her pockets, she has a total of five ones and some change in her possession. Therefore, a choice of a cheese, garlic soft pretzel with a glass of water or a mild alcoholic beverage to relax her nerves. Of course, she chose the food with water, at least her stomach would be satisfied. She was reluctant to ask her friends on the level below for anything. The vibes just didn’t feel right for the moment and pinpointing what doesn’t feel right is a problem. A man looked about 30ish was sitting alone told the waitress to take a mixed drink over to Lena, in which Lena smiled, while holding the small glass up thanking him for being kind but looked away quickly to avoid giving him an inviting look.


"Well, the night is turning out to be not so bad after all." She sits quietly and ate her soft pretzel with much enjoyment because she hadn’t had any dinner for that day. Her stomach felt painful and uncomfortable. What a sign of relief she began to experience. Sitting here for several hours, Lena decides to head down stairs to the next level to see if the game was over, and speak to her two friends. She notices Luke’s female friend is gone and the minute Luke sees her for the second time, he rushes over to greet his friend. Instead of a smile with a simple hello, he smiles and kisses her on the lips gently putting on a show for Jim. Jim gives a look of disapproving his gesture. Luke grabs her by the arm and pulls her to the opened elevator to head down stairs and leave. Upon reaching outside, Lena stops in her tracks and say “Luke, what are you doing” Luke replies with “we are going to my place, which is not far from here.” Then, he proceeds to ask “I’ve been calling you, where have you been and why are you carrying your overnight bag, if you don’t plan to stay someplace for the night?”

 Luke never gave Lena an opportunity to explain the ordeal she experienced earlier and the disposition it placed her in with emotional shame for not remembering her small purse and cell phone to call for help. The two-mile walk to the Rooftop Club was very tiresome, but Lena had to stand her ground. Don’t mention when Luke saw her the first time and never acknowledged seeing her because another female was there with him. This is the same man who claims to love her. Lena could not stop her mind from going farther with points of view to examine his actions and figure why a friend would behave in such a manner. Consequently, the moment he constructs a serious look on his face, looks right into her eyes and say “I love you... Lena!” This statement of proposing love struck a nerve, especially after what she had just witnessed. Immediately stopped completely and said to Luke “Yeah.....right!”


She pulled her arm loose from his embrace and walked back to the club with tears in her eyes from the hurt of her dearest friend ignoring her in the presence of another female. What, hurt this has caused Lena to feel to go along with the other mishaps that has taken place earlier. All Lena could think of at this moment is she misses the comfort and true meaning of friendship she thought would be there until the end of time. She was devastated. Going back inside the Rooftop Club was the only option left in hopes of Jim still being there. Luckily, Jim was sitting at the bar, speaking with the drink mix master. The moment he notices Lena had return, he immediately jumps up from the bar stool to greet her with a gentle kiss of comfort and an apology for not noticing her entrance before. He asked, “what happened?” Because, she looked distraught from distress, which places her in a disorganized position.


Jim ordered her a glass of white wine to relax her nerves, while she explained all about her ordeal and the unexpected greeting received from Luke. Luke portrays the image of a strong personality bad-boy type full of excitement that always made Lena’s day, until he hurt her enforcing a strangeness of emotions by ignoring her presence. Jim is somewhat the opposite type of guy, but has the upmost respect for Lena’s best interest. Lena had asked herself quietly, when all alone “whether or not if she might get bored with Jim.” Lena’s question of choice remains with her, whilst the two of them walked to his car and heads over to his place. The late-night hour represented a time for rest and will handle the vehicle business in the morning. At Jim’s condo, he places Lena in the spare bedroom, providing a cloth and towel for a shower. Lena contacts her cousin. Jim ensures that she was alright, waves goodnight and turns in for the night. Lena lays her head down on the soft pillow with the words of expression inside her mind yelling, “WOW! What a night!” before drifting off to a deep and relaxing sleep. Waking up with thoughts of the Luke’s direct approach, while wondering how he really feels about her, but may never admit the excitement of the two exploring one another just to see if there is compatibility and real connection worth taking a long journey as one.



THE END


May 15, 2021 03:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.