0 comments

General

     Once there was a dog who had been dumped at the side of the road as a puppy. The puppy was just old enough to survive by itself but too tiny to fend for itself. One day a guy named Max who stopped his car to see the dog when he got close to the dog the dog just sat there and began to wag its tail. Max picked up the dog and put it in a box in the front seat. The whole time they were in the car the dog wouldn’t take his eye off max. A little later after thinking of a name Max decided to name him Buddy. Max always loved that name but his mother never let him get a dog. Max lived with his mom and two sisters. When Max was 4 his dad decided he didn’t want to be around anymore he left. Max was too young to understand but it haunts him to this day.


When Max got home his mom instantly went over to Buddy all friendly like and said “well know whose this cute little fella”. Max was surprised to see his mom taking a liking to the dog. Max’s mom always didn’t like animals that’s one of the reasons she wouldn’t let Max get a dog. They both really liked Buddy and decided to keep him.

A few months passed and Buddy had grown a lot bigger. When ever Max would sit down to watch something on tv Buddy would come over and sit on Max’s lap. Buddy always thought he was a lap dog but in reality he was crushing whoever he would sit on. Buddy was really liking his home he got all the walks all the food and he was loved by two special people and that’s all he needed. Max was still in high school and it was a big night for his school the homecoming football game. Max decided that Buddy was big enough to go with him so they got in the car and were off to the big game. The night turned out pretty well and Buddy was quite the attention getter. All the people near him came up to pet him. Buddy was always such an obedient dog he always listened when called and that’s what made him so much more adorable.


One afternoon Max decided to take Buddy to a fair that was held not too far from Max’s house. Max loved all the nice smells of food and other animals. Out of know where Max gets real excited and runs out of his leash and runs to a young girl and sat right in front of her. She was also a dog person so she felt down and petted Buddy until Max came and got Buddy. Max apologized for the dog coming to her but she just smiled and laughed and said that it was okay. Max introduced himself to the girl and she said her name was Bella. After that Buddy started to see a lot more of Bella. Buddy didn’t know how he felt about all this but he didn’t look to happy. Buddy was always was so used to Max always being there with Buddy. But as time flew by Buddy was slowly seeing Max less and less. 


One night Max was out with some friends when the house phone rang. With a slight urge Max’s mom picked it up quite fast. As the other person began to talk you could see the moms face drain all happiness the mom had face as though something was terribly wrong. After the phone call the mom ran out the door and drove fats down the road. Buddy didn’t know exactly what went on that night but did now that something wasn’t right. Buddy waited at the door all night. In the morning Buddy resized no one one home. This time Buddy was going crazy he was whimpering and was walking around in circles.


A few hours later the mom finally came home. Th look on her face was devastating her eyes looked as though she had no sleep that night and her face looked as though she had wiped away plenty of tears. There was nothing the dog could do except accompany the sad mom.


After a couple days of waiting finally Buddy realized that Max wasn’t coming home something had happened to him. One day the mom woke up very early and was wearing a black dress and had been crying for awhile. That day she left and was gone for what seemed eternity. When she walked in the door she had lots of flowers in her hands. After putting the flowers in a face she fell to the floor crying. Buddy didn’t know what to do so he just go right up next to her and laid his head on her chest. She just laid there crying for hours. Even Buddy was upset he had just lost his best friend. 



A couple weeks past and so far it had been great there were lots of cuddles and lots of treats but it still wasn’t the same for Buddy and the mom. That day Buddy got to go to the park it had been quite a few months sense he had last gone. Buddy was very excited. When they got to the dog park Buddy saw all kinds of animals that’s were he had all his dog friends and that’s were they had the best sticks on the block. After awhile it was time for buddy to go home and in a dog way he said goodbye to his little friends and they headed back home.



When they got back to the house the dog noticed that the mom wasn’t looking too well. She looked very pail in the face and that’s when she collapsed on the floor. Buddy didn’t know what to do so he just kept duding her hoping she will regain consciousness. Buddy ran and jumped out the window and he just kept barking at a person and walking in the moms direction finally the human recognized what the dog was trying to do and the mom was rushed to the hospital and just like that just like Max the mom was never seen again and poor little Buddy was all alone and soon he would be gone like everyone else in his life had.


May 11, 2020 03:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.