0 comments

Horror Adventure Mystery

A young girl named Ashley made her way out the door to make her way to school. It was hot and sunny but I lovely day for smiles around. She walked and walked singing her favorite song when she looked around and realized something. There were no people around and the sky started to turn black. This darkness hit her little town so quickly that she did not know what was going on. It was so dark that she could not even see her house or anything around her.

 

Asley started feeling like everything was closing in on her and she did not know how to escape. Something was in this darkness, but you cannot see it just hear it. It really scared Ashley and she started to cry for help but there was no one to hear her cries for help. Then something grabbed her, so she ran and ran but was getting nowhere without seeing. But she kept running and yelling out for help.


There was still no one there. But when she turned around, she saw a fire-like creature that was coming toward her. Ashley was so scared that she ran away but that did not make a difference. When she looked around all she saw was more demons coming out of the dark. But there was someone hiding behind a car with a light. Why would he have a light on when there are so many demons walking and flying around.


So, I ran over there to the person I saw that it was a young boy about my age, and he was so scared as much as I was. I reached my hand out to shake his and said "Hi my name is Ashely and what's yours. Don't you see that there are demons around looking to take us in the dark, so we must be quiet? But if you must know my name is David. Now let's see if we can find another hiding spot. They are getting close, so we must move now. Let's Go!!


As we find another hiding spot, I walk and wonder what his story is and do he have any family around. Hey, so what is your story. Well, when everything started, I was coming home from work when I see that my parents weren't at home but there close was where they were standing. So, I am on a mission to find my family. That's awful Ashley said. Well, I don't know what happen to my family because when this happened, I was on my way to school.


So, we are out here looking for the same answers to our questions. David, it's time to move their right behind us we must go. So dark and cannot see but what we found out that when you keep the light on you, it will stop the demons from grabbing you into the dark that's why we must find more lights. So, we started walking and hoping to find more lights, but we couldn't find none around, not even some batteries. As long as we been running, we saw a store with the lights on and rushed over there.


We didn't know what to expect when we knocked on the door. But there was no answer and when I looked behind me the demons were coming. We must get in there or we're dead. We started to knock and knock hard. Finally, someone opened the door, and we rush in there. Thank you so much for opening the door. We thought we were dead. No problem and by the way my name is Paul nice to meet you. Nice to meet you, I'm Ashley and this is David. Nice to meet you as well.


So, have you heard anything new about what has been going on? No, but what I do know is that there is a place that people went to that has all the light and protection from these demons in the dark. Did they say how they were going to stop them? No, but I do know is that we must make our way that way. Where is this place? It's in downtown Los Angeles. So, when do we make our move toward that way? Soon as I get everything together.


They gathered their things and headed out the door. They walked, walked, and walked but have not seen any lights around. Run their coming. Let us hide in here for right now. 20 minutes later they started back on their journey to the lights. As they ran down the dark streets, she saw something that looked like a light, but it seemed so far away. Do you guys see that light down there? When they got closer to see what it was, it was a big door with a bright light shining out of it. So, they went to open the door and what Ashely saw was so amazing. Ashely says to herself "wow this is really beautiful." She knew that she was saved by this light. And the people that disappeared were right behind this door. Darkness always tries to find a way to pull you in, but the light always protects you.


They walked around and seen all the people happy and planting flowers. The love that the light brings is so powerful and she knew that. Coming to this door of light was the best thing that I could have done. So, she closed the door behind them. They were so happy to see all these people and the lights. David came to Ashely and said, I will be right back, I want to see if I can find my parents in here. And when he turned, they were standing right there and Ashely finally found hers also.


There are so many people coming together and helping one another like the world is supposed to be. The light pulled us out of a hard time and away from all of the demons. Light is love and if you stay in the light, you will be safe and protected.

May 01, 2021 08:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.