An unlikely Friendship between a Dog and a Baby Duck

Submitted into Contest #43 in response to: Write a story about an unlikely friendship.... view prompt

6 comments

Kids

       An unlikely Friendship between a Dog and a Baby Duck 


One day on a sunny day there was a dog by the name of snuggles he was laying out in the sun enjoying a nice breeze and watching the ducks play in the water. He was so happy to be able to enjoying some time alone. Until he heard a little voice calling out to him. Excuse me sir can you help me. At first, he thought that he was just hearing thing so he just ignored the tiny little voice. But once again he heard the tiny voice call out to him. Excuse me sir can you help me please? Snuggle just lifted his head and said to the tiny little voice go away can you see I’m trying to have a relaxing day. The little tiny voice just said I’m sorry but my name is Ella and I seem to have lost my family. Snuggle lifts his head and asks Ella how could you have lost your family they are on the lake. Yes! They were on the lake. You see my mommy decide that we have been in the water for a long time and we needed to get off the lake for just a little while so we all followed her to the grass. Once we got on the grass, we all started walking but then I saw you and decided that I wanted to say hi. Now why would you want to say hi to me? I don’t know I just like to make friends with everyone. My mommy is always telling me that one day I’m going to get lost because I always leave her side. I guess she was right. Mothers are always right. My mother used to tell me the same thing when I was your age. So, I always listen to her. So, sir can you help me please? Sure, just let me stretch out a little bit and I will help you find your mother. Oh, thank you sir. Please call me snuggles. Okay snuggles my name is Ella. Snuggles and Ella walked into the woods and check under some rocks. They checked in a tree trunk. They even asked a raccoon if they have seen a mother duck and her baby ducks and the raccoon said no, I’m sorry I haven’t seen a mother duck and her baby ducks. At that point Ella got really so sad because no one has seen her mommy. She thought she was going to be all alone and that she would never see her brothers and sisters. Snuggles and Ella looked everywhere but they could not find Ella’s mother or Ella’s siblings. So, They, both decided to go back to the same spot where snuggles had once laid down to see if Ella’s mother had returned to the lake but no, she hadn’t. Ella was starting to think that her mother would never find her. Ella started crying so snuggle hugged her and said to Ella I promise you that we will not give up looking for your mommy. Maybe she is looking for you and that is why we can’t find her. How about you stay her with me and we can wait to see if she comes? Ella wiped her little face and said okay but what if she doesn’t find me? Snuggles told her well if she doesn’t find you then you can stay with me. Ella got so happy. Ella wasn’t feeling lonely anymore. So, snuggles does that mean we are friends? Yes! Ella we are friends. An hour later Ella’s mother found Snuggles and she said to him excuse me sir have you seen a tiny little duck? Her name Ella and she seemed to have roamed away from us. Yes, I’ve seen her in fact she is right her. When Ella’s mother took a look at Ella, she was laying right under Snuggles arm asleep. Oh, thank you for keeping her safe. I was so worried I would never find her. Ella and I did go looking for you but I figured that we kept missing each other so, we decide it would be better just to stay here. When Ella woke up, she saw her mother and waddled to her and hugged her. Oh, mama I missed you and I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you. I promise it won’t happen again. Ella do you have any idea what could of happen to you. There are so many predators that could have eaten you. You put yourself and all of us in danger. I understand that you like to make friends but what if Mr. Snuggles was predator and would have eaten you? What would you have done? Look at you and look at him. You have to be careful honey. Not everyone you meet is going to have the same intention as you. Remember what we talked about stranger danger? Yes! Mommy I remember but I forgot about that just for a little bit. I was so excited to meet someone new that I forgot about stranger danger. Mommy I promise I won’t do it again. Your right you won’t do it again because you will not be left alone again. You are going to be walking in front of me for now on. You and your siblings are my world if something ever happened to any of you guys. I don’t think I could forgive myself. All of you are my world and life would never be the same if you or your siblings weren’t here. Mommy I love you. I love you too Ella. 

The next day Snuggles was laying down watching Ella and her family playing in the lake. So, he decided that it was a hot day for a nice swim. So, Snuggles, ran right into the water and began to swim next to where Ella and her family where swimming. Ella jump right on top of Snuggles back and just laid there soaking up the sun while Snuggles just swam around. Snuggles was very happy that he made a few new friends. Ella was an unlikely friend but she was indeed his friend.

                                   The End



    



May 23, 2020 03:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Emily Bock
06:24 Jun 08, 2020

Naww

Reply

Show 0 replies
Noor Ahmed
14:33 Jun 04, 2020

love it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Roshna Rusiniya
11:54 May 30, 2020

This was so cute! Loved it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Yoomi Ari
12:28 May 23, 2020

Such a cute story! I read this to my baby sister and she enjoyed it!! Great job:)

Reply

16:18 May 23, 2020

Thank you!.

Reply

Yoomi Ari
19:00 May 23, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.