I'm back, mi amigos!

Written in response to: Start your story looking down from a stage.... view prompt

18 comments

Fiction Friendship

*Not related to the prompt*


"Yay! I'm finally back at Reedsy!" I crack my knuckles, my gray satchel hanging on my shoulder. I walked through the doors, full of glee.


"Hullo!" I exclaimed, trying to sound British. "Woah, wait, that doesn't like the British? Let's just do this 'my way'! I better not piss off British people," I chuckled.


"Hola, 'migos!" I asked, walking through the isolated place. To my surprise, there was no one here. Where the heck are all the reedsians?! I wondered.


"Hey? Guys? Helloooo?" I say, pacing.


"Damn, did Thanos snap again? I thought Natasha and Stark sacrificed themselves and destroyed the infinity stones. Without the infinity stones, Thanos can't snap, right?" I babbled to myself.


I felt a hand on my shoulder. Oh my gosh, I'm sure it's Thanos. I searched for the paper knife in my pocket and clasped it inside my fist, turning around slowly. My heart was beating so fast that it might burst out of my chest.


"Ah, you scared the heck outta me, Si!" I sighed in relief, hugging Sienna. Finally, a familiar face.


Sienna broke into a cheerful smile and I copied her gesture.

"I'm sorry for not writing for so long, Si! I just got a tad bit busy with my studies," I say, a nervous smile on my face.


"A tad bit busy, huh?" She asked, with a smug look.


"I mean, really busy," I chuckled, feeling a bit awkward and nervous.

Sienna giggled and I was happy to talk to a reedsian again.


"I hope you're not mad, not just you, Maraika, Dhwani, Gale and everyone," I said.


"Hey, Ash. I'm not mad at you and I'm sure they're also not mad at you. We all are glad to have you back,"


"Come let's go, there are a few people who've followed you and liked your stories. And, Maraika and Dhwani are waiting for you," She reminded me.


"Yeah! We should," I say, happily


"Where's the other reedsians? Is it something that Thanos did?" I asked, worried if the answer would be 'Yes'.


Sienna slapped my shoulder, playfully, laughing. "Yeah, I know Thanos exists in the MCU and we aren't from there. I was just making sure," I chuckled.


Before Sienna could reply, I saw two-I mean three familiar faces; Maraika, Dhwani and Abigail.


Dhwani exclaimed, "Hey, Ash! Yaar, tu kaha tha?" I ran to them and shook hands with her.


"I'm just hallucinating, right, Si?" Maraika said, rubbing her eyes so hard. I laughed.


"No, you're not," I got closer, shaking her shoulders softly. She smiled and wrapped me in a friendly embrace. "We missed you," She said, as we pulled away. Abigail sat there watching all this, smiling at me softly.


"I missed you girls so much!"


I was happy that I was finally back at Reedsy with my friends.



December 08, 2021 14:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

18 comments

Palak Shah
17:40 Dec 11, 2021

Heyy Ashlynn, It is lovely to meet you and I hope that we could be friends. ~Palak Shah

Reply

Ash S
01:51 Dec 12, 2021

Hey, It's nice to meet you too! I'm super glad that we could be friends! 🎉

Reply

Palak Shah
13:53 Dec 12, 2021

Yes me too :)) I have written a story recently, I would love for you to check it out.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
06:46 Dec 10, 2021

Where in da world is mah surprise?????????????????????

Reply

Ash S
07:41 Dec 10, 2021

*chuckles nervously* Let's just pretend that I didn't see this comment 🙈 Okay, okay, I was just kidding, I swear. I'm thinking of doing a q and a as the surprise. I don't know if you can consider it as a surprise, but, I thought you all could know more about me through the q and a. So, if you have any questions you wanted to ask me, go on and comment it on one of stories, okay?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
11:32 Dec 10, 2021

Um, I know you were gonna do a Q and A, but when will it come out?

Reply

Ash S
13:29 Dec 10, 2021

Maybe next month? I just need more questions to answer.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
06:45 Dec 10, 2021

As a Reedsy Grammar police officer, I believe that there were quite a few mistakes here. If you want, I can point them out too, but since you're mah frand, Imma give you the friends and family discount and all these MiStAkEs will cost you only 1000 Reedsias.

Reply

Ash S
07:44 Dec 10, 2021

😄 How about we just ignore the Hindi part? I was a bit confused with 'tum kaha tha' and 'tum kaha thee' *internally cursing myself for not paying attention to Hindi grammar class* 😂

Reply

Dhwani Jain
11:33 Dec 10, 2021

Don't u speak Hindi as a first language? Also, um, it should be 'thee', that's what's used for feminine. Another thing, it is not JUST the Hindi mistake.

Reply

Ash S
13:27 Dec 10, 2021

No, I don't. My first language is Malayalam, I'm from Kerala. And, second thing, at school teachers don't really teach us to communicate or write in hindi. Don't mind to point out the mistakes and critiques, Dhwani. I've got a lot of harsh critiques and that made me a bit thick skinned. Sorry if I was a bit rude.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
06:27 Dec 10, 2021

Oh mah Reedsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maraika!!! 😎
05:35 Dec 10, 2021

YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY ASH YOUR BACK!!!!! THIS WAS AMAZING YOUR AMAZING AHHHHHH if it make your feel any better I also haven't been around latly. Just need to get back in the habit of writting

Reply

Ash S
07:51 Dec 10, 2021

THANK UUUUUUUU MARAIKA!!! I'M SO EXCITED THAT I'M BACK AT REEDSY!! YAYAYAYAYAY! but, I'm so sad that Galey is not on Reedsy anymore 🥺

Reply

Unknown User
00:07 Dec 11, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ash S
01:39 Dec 11, 2021

Yeah, Si <333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
18:09 Dec 08, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ash S
07:48 Dec 10, 2021

♥️🥰 Thanku!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.