0 comments

Holiday

  New year's party music sounds loud. The large room is also crowded with guests. Nick sat alone, until someone approached. That person introduced himself as Richard. Just like Nick, he also did not have acquaintances in that place.

  "This is a picture of my wife, Lilah, this is my daughter, Gladys," Richard said while showing a picture of a beautiful woman and a little girl sitting on her lap.

  "They can't go to the party, because there's a little problem at home. I was lazy to come, I thought this party would be boring without them, who would have thought I would actually make new friends?" Richard continued while chuckling. The effect of alcohol made him drunk. Nick joined in laughing. He himself was not married. Gilirls don't really like the type of men who are too serious it seems. However, hearing the story of Richard who was so proud of his wife and child, made Nick think about marriage.

   Richard saying brought Nick out of his reverie. the middle-aged man pulled out a name card and asked Nick to come to his house to be introduced to Lilah and Gladys.

   Nick agrees. He promised to stop by Richard's residence.


***


A few days after the festive party in the new year, Nick came to Richard's house.

  The owner shook his head and said the house had been his for more than three years and he did not know Richard or his family. The neighbor near the house also seemed confused by Nick's question. According to them, there was no person named Richard, Lilah, or Gladys who lived in the area. Both now and before, the house had never been inhabited by Richard.

  'What is this? There's no way Richard could be wrong. on this card clearly written his name and address, 'Nick said softly while staring at the name card.

  "Son !!!" called a middle-aged woman to Nick while waving.

"You will not find that family in this place. A few days ago, someone had forcibly taken the woman and her child. People here are paid to keep quiet about the incident. "

  "Grandma, what are you doing?" scolds a young man.

"Let's go in!"

  The young man took a hand and pulled the woman's hand.

"You don't listen to her. My grandmother is senile. She has Alzheimer's, "he said to Nick. Nick just nodded and hurried away from there.


***

  Nick goes to the police station to report the disappearance of Richard's family who may have been kidnapped. The officers rushed to Richard's residence.

  However, on the way, they got word that there was a woman who died in the area. Nick who went with the police was surprised when he arrived at the location and learned that the dead woman was the one who told him about the disappearance of Lilah and Gladys.

The police investigating the case of the old woman's death told Nick that the woman died of illness.

  "That's impossible! Someone must have killed her to silence her so as not to tell the truth."

  The officer shook his head while taking a deep breath.

"Young man, you read too many novels and watch movies. Those things don't happen in the real world. After all, the family you're talking about, they don't really exist. You must be just hallucinating and making up all of that.

  'Is it really all just hallucinations? Did the party make me very drunk? ' Nick said quietly. He then remembered the name card. That is proof, that it is not possible for all to be just hallucinations. However, the police no longer trust him. There is no other way, he must try himself to find them.


***

  

  Nick walked the area. He searched CCTV footage and blackboxes from cars around the house. However, many of the recordings on that day were lost and damaged.

  The young man then hurried to meet Harry, one of his best friends. If anyone can recover the recording, then Harry is the person. Since a long time ago, his friend was a genius and smart in terms of computers.

  Harry's forehead frowned for a moment.

"I don't like this. If everything you say is true, then this case is no ordinary case. We should not be involved, Nick, and leave everything to the police, "he said after hearing everything that happened.

  "I can't. They don't believe me. Maybe they don't want to believe it. Everything happened was engineered and it must have been done by people who could even pay the police and neighbors to silence the case. "

  "But, this is too dangerous. Bad things can happen."

  "I can take care of myself, Har. Instead I worry about Richard and his family. The longer we stall for time, they might be in danger. "

  Harry paused and nodded.

"All right, I'll help you," the man finally said.


***


  Harry shows the video that was successfully restored. There was seen a woman and a small child brought into the car. he shook his head while taking a deep breath.

  "I've looked into this pigtailed and tattooed man. He is a vicious criminal. Someone who can get rid of others without a trace. This is a very dangerous thing, Nick. You should stop. After all, you don't really know them. "

  "Just find out where he is! His hiding. I'll find him. Trust me, Harry. I'll take care of myself. Everything will be all right."

  Harry still looked doubtful, but he nodded.


***

 

  Nick went to a place in the mountains. The area is remote and surrounded by vast forests. Harry gave him information about the place.

  Secretly, he slipped into the building that resembled the warehouse. The atmosphere inside is very cold, like entering a cooling machine. Nick guessed the place was arranged like that when he saw the tools that were there. There is an operating table littered with blood spots and various surgical equipment on the side. Nick shook his head. Harry is right. This is really bad.

  "Who are you?" rebuke someone.

  Nick turned and stared calmly.

"Where are Lilah and Gladys?"

  The person shook his head.

"I don't know what you mean. But you dare to come here. Don't expect to get out alive!" 

  A grin appeared on Nick's face.

"We'll see who will die first," he hissed.


***


  "Let go! Let me go!" shouted Lilah while struggling.

  The big man who dragged her slapped her face hard.

  "Shut up! If you dare to do anything, your daughter will get hurt!" bluffing.

"She will replace you as a donor."

  "No! Please don't do that! Just do what you want to me! Don't touch my daughter!"

  "Very nice!" said the man. He pulled the woman back out, but Gladys, who was locked up with Lilah, ran and hugged her mother tightly.

"Don't bring my mother! Don't hurt her!" begged the little girl.

  The man shook his head and pushed Gladys down. The little girl cried in pain.

  "What are you doing? Let me go! I want to see her!" shouted Lilah. However, the man tightened his block and dragged Lilah away.


***


  "Let her go!" Nick shouted at the man who brought Lilah.

  "Who are you? How dare you come here! You will die here if you don't leave and don't close your mouth!"

  Nick shook his head with a faint smile.

"I will go with her and her child!"

  The man pushed Lilah and attacked Nick. The man dodged and took the opportunity to kick the man's back. Twist his opponent's hand and knock him to the floor. He also hit the man's head hard, so that his opponent was lying unconscious.

  Nick looked at Lilah.

"We're going now! Where's Richard?"

  The woman shook her head.

"They say they killed him."

 

***


  Harry waited anxiously beside the car. After a while, he saw Nick coming with a woman and a little girl. His friend nodded.

  "Do it now!" said Nick.

Harry pressed the button in his hand. A loud explosion could be heard from the remote house. Nick and the others leave immediately.


***


  Bugh! Bugh! bugh!

The heavy impact struck Richard's body and face repeatedly.

  "You have made me lose a lot! Now you have to pay for everything! The Minister is also furious with me!"

  "No! No! Please forgive me!" begged Richard, kneeling and crying. His face is battered. Fresh blood flowed from the corner of his broken lips.

  "You have made me lose, but you can pay for all that. At least, your organs are still useful."

  The person nodded. Several big men approached and pulled Richard out.

  "No! No! Don't!" Richard shouted. Tears of regret flowed from Richard's eyes. He had sold Lilah and Gladys to illegal organ traders for some money, but now he would die.

  Richard's painful hysterical screams disappeared as the scalpel knocking over his body was replaced by hands that removed his organs one by one.


The end



  

   

    

   


   


December 31, 2019 13:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.