1 comment

Coming of Age Adventure Fiction

This story contains sensitive content

Swearing.

Cancer and desth mentioned.

Occult themes


*********





Volume off. Phone screen lights. Google assistant downloading, apologises, "Sorry to all Optus Yes customers", for in Australia, we have Yes and No!


Water leaked from the ceiling. I turn in my bed. Jija, warm in her cat patch, away from the sloosh meows, "Bloody Helll. . " she hisses, ". .don't wake my Mistress!"


And then another She says, "Nang, Nang? Nang Nang? NANG NANG!!!! Today is my birthday, and you! YOU ARE IN AUSTRALIA!"


4 am! I crawl to the coffee pot. I crawl to my cigarettes! I crawl to the fridge and pull out the pet mince. 


My support network is in the backyard: The Mumma and Pappa Magpie with Baby;

The Kookaburras, the seeing Kookaburras; The cat. I lit a blck candle tucked at the base of my white angel statute.


It's still dark. There is nothing, but my tiny insignificant light!


I walked to my bedroom, a small compartment it is, in its Isness! The notifications- not one but two Duo messages! The first, I child starring sad at the screen. The second, "Nang, Nang, I am Alice in Wonderland." And She is dancing, saying, "Help me!"


And then with all the power of my love, I am running- The jewel in my crown is wide awake and I must be there, I must find her! I must help her!


Then I am falling deep, deep in love down the rabbit hole! I am running passed the caterpillar, He says, "Alice, you are old now!"  I do not answer. I do not need a potion! Ido not need a biscuit!

Twiddle Dumb and Twiddle snigger, their impugning breath stopped as they eat their own words! The door mouse yells, "Feed your head" but I am wearing noise cancelling headphones gifted from my daughter!


I am running, running and stopped at the glass, the looking glass. I can see her dancing. My breath fogs the sight! I pick up a chair, "Where is my grand daughter you bastards!" I pray to my angels, as their dark power propel with great force the chair through the looking glass, collapsing it, shattering it@ To reveal a swirling black plasma. Music plays in solfegio 432hz then 888hz, as my heart smatters the prison, my prison!


Feverishly, I jump! I jump without fear. The electricity still in my hair. I ground with a jolt that my body remembers from the age of seven. Two queens on dual swing set laugh at me. The clothesline jolts and creaks. The slow turn, like a carousel of glass pixels. One, the red one, raises her the wooden backbone attached to spectacles, "Ahh, Alice, you are old! WE have been waiting for you- Waiting for you to grow old- Waiting for you in the Bohemian forest-" The white one smirks, "An almost sixty something- She can't even pluck her eyebrows properly!" Tandom, they two-and-fro." Swinging, like the rope they made for me!

I say, "Quick, This is Australia!" They cackle to their previous private jokes!

One queen, "Oh, Alice, you are still impermanent"

The Other queen, "She means impertinence" They torment each other over the use of words!


I wondered how these two women would feel to my granddaughter! They looked ugly, thick bicarbonate soda whitening reptile faces. Ugly red lip stain drying and entering the cracks on their lips, would frighten her! Unnatural smell of perfume and not washing for at least a month would stay in her nostrils and make her tummy swirl!


"But, WHERE IS SHE?" 


Around my waist, a leather belt with pouch hung. Unclipping the pouch lid, I find two stones! Two small smooth river stones found as my tiny son and I cross the stepping stones of creek to go to the bakery of special smiling marshmallow cones and tetra orange juice poppers!


I find a sling folded like the corners of a present. I present all three items in my unfolded joined hands. Both women gasp! 

One says, "Oh, Old Alice, you're so aggressive!" The other says, "So Alice, your real name is Kennedy?" I smile. They continue, "You're so angry" I compose my smile! 


I remember the story of David, the shepherd boy! Sitting in chair, my favourite small summer yellow frock, pulled tight so it did not crush! I look with the other children at the cut out of David backed with Velcro being pressed onto the felt board. There is a flock of sheep. Then a bear appears. David is scared. David is alone! He protects his sheep. A wolf comes snarling and growling, "Such a lovely dinner awaits me !" Gone!


A tall, loud ten foot Giant appears. David unfolds his Sling! In his pouch, five stones, one for Goliath and four for his siblings. I inappropriately jump out of my seat and cheer! My dishevelled hair, my cardigan with short sleeves, my socks under sandals in the middle of winter, could only bring scorn to the teacher's eye! I dance before the story has ended. She was a real mother! Her husband, herself and children, Perry and Annabel, would roll into the church yard in their Mercedes. We in my grandfathers Humba! They also would donate generously to the Churches endeavours, we had donated all our land!


I dance in victory, like Kali devouring what is negative! I dance around the small group of chairs. I disco dance my large heart open and joyful. Then my inappropriate Mother is called. In her sleep walk laughs, laughs at my joy. I say, 'Goliath is gone!" She cuddles me glaring at the poor inconvenienced teacher!


Mumma magpie shelters her baby girl under the trailer in long grass. The Kookaburra family turn their head to show one eye only! A rustling in wet leaf litter causes the Red Queen to look behind her, behind her at her own past! She sees a bird bath! She sees a ceramic angel. She sees the bloodied Bindi on its head! She sees a candle burning!


In Australia, we have eight out of ten of the world's deadliest snakes. A beautiful six foot red garden hose uncoiled and slithered, revealing a black Pharaohs head- the Australian Inland Tiapan! The White one says, "It's deadly" The Red one threw herself off the swing, her petticoat caught on the chain, she gasp yanking it to run away. For, in his beauty he stood upright, in his own power he danced ready to strike! 


My son, in his dream called my name, "Mum" Then I am running, with the caucus of Kookaburras, Magpies, snakes and Kangaroos. I am running through the past. I see my dying sister, I scream, "Fuck Cancer!" He says, "Say that again" He holds my hand running... "How many stones have you got left Mum?"


I scratch the earth behind the angel statute. Mud in my finger nails, ink on my dry hands. Digging out a Garnet Sphere, I pass it to him. "This helps the blood, he will live." He says, "Speak" I say, "Fuck Cancer again!"


The chessboard materialises under my feet. I am weaving between pieces to the Queen. He speaks hebrew and we waltz. I say, "I know what you did! I know your secret!" He replies, jerking my arm to pull our hips closer, "I know what you did! I know your secret!" He holds my left hand tight. I hold my sling in my teeth. HE says, "WHO are They?" I reply, "Goliath's sisters!" I grab the sling with my my right hand aiming and stretching out. BANG! The White one disappears! He let's go of my left hand, grabbing the sling and shoving it into my left hand, I position the sling and with the power of angels fling. BANG! The Red one disappears!


The music starts and my granddaughter is running, running to my small body dancing in an inappropriate church! She screams, "Alice, you are young, see your future!" I see Her!


I follow Her, my little white rabbit! I follow Her. I follow her to a Worldwide dance of healing and remembering! She says, "You know Nang Nang! You know my Nang, Nang, today is my birthday!" I bow to the Master, for everyone is the Master on their birthday! She says, "You know my Will, but you need to listen to Your Will!" I bow.


The set phone alarm rang. Wake up! The notification bar shows Two missed Duo calls! A plush White Rabbit toy sits next to her. The moon dark in Scorpio is outside as I smoke and drink coffee, readying for a day's work. The birds peck at the droplets ofmeat! An Australian Inland Eastern Tiapan slithers passed me, as Kookaburras laugh, laugh deep from their guts. Because in Australia we dream dreams!



























November 12, 2023 01:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Christine LW
01:10 Nov 23, 2023

A very vivid experience of life and nature. One to watch, lets put it to the vote.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.