0 comments

Fantasy Urban Fantasy Fiction

Chapter 1: Barista and the Regular.

Sirius walked into the small coffee shop. I smiled, as he was one of the few regulars here. "The usual, Mr. Kuragari?" I said, my voice muffled by a face mask (I visited the Nomagi world, and caught a cold), with a mug at the ready. He nodded, His with his normal gloomy eyes. They were grey, which I liked. "Alright. I saved you your normal seat in the corner. Your extra sweet coffee will be with you in a minute or two." I said, preparing his drink. He liked it extra sweet, too sweet, even for her. I made her way, with his drink and a drink of my own. "Here you go. Mind if I sit?" I asked, pulling out the book I was reading. He looked up, and nodded. "Apple?" He asked me as I sat down. "Sure," I replied, as he summoned an apple with a snap of his fingers, and handed it to me.


He looked at my chest for a moment. 'Did he just look at my breasts?' I thought to myself, but my counter Esdeath thought otherwise. ''Remiku, he was looking at your name tag.''

''Right. Thanks, Esdeath.'' Almost as if he read our thoughts, he looked up. "Remiku. Interesting name. Also, your friend Esdeath was right, I was looking at your name tag. Sorry for the confusion." My jaw dropped. "You can.... read our mind?" I asked. He nodded.


"I can hear the thoughts of everyone in here. But I only really listen to them when they concern me. I knew there was something off about you the first time you served me a drink. Who is Esdeath, if you don't mind my asking?` Is she a banshee or something?" He asked politely. I felt Esdeath trying to come through, so I let her. Her normally black hair turned teal, and so did her eyes. "Hello. I'm Esdeath. Firstly, No, I'm not a banshee, we were born like this. People think something went wrong when our soul came into existence. That's what we think happened as well. Secondly, our parents named me Esdeath because they are total anime fans and thought it was funny to name me after someone I looked similar to." Sirius smiled.


"Similar to is an understatement. His body tensed and his smile disappeared. His body relaxed once again. He sighed. "Sorry. It's a curse. Can't smile. Hurts my soul. But you were saying?" I nodded. "But please don't make fun of my name. My counter's name, the one who you normally talk to, is named Remiku. She wants to be friends with you, but doesn't know how to bring that up naturally in conversation. I, on the other hand, couldn't care less whether we are friends or not. I don't have friends anyway.


"Esdeath, I'm your friend," Remiku said to me, but I brushed her off. "But, if you hurt her in any way, I will kill you myself, and it's not a threat, it's a promise," I said with a subtle intensity.


"That sounds like something I would say. But I accept your terms. But be warned, if you try to kill me, it will be a most difficult task. But here's the payment for the coffee. Anything else you wish to tell me?" He asked, standing up. I nodded. "I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other quite soon." I said, almost eerily


They both had normal days, but Sirius had a strange feeling that Esdeath was right, and he just couldn't shake it off.


Chapter 2: Dead Before Daylight


It was night now, and Sirius knelt at the grave of his lost friend, Chara. She was his first wand, the one who was with him through everything, even through the years of him not being compatible to use her. She, in a final act of selflessness, gave her life to save his. He looked up, the full moon glinting off of his glasses. 'Something isn't right. I can feel it. I don't know why, but something is wrong here.' He thought to himself.


He heard some voices somewhere to his right. 'Probably other people looking at their loved ones.' Sirius thought, looking over. He saw two people, a woman and a man. Both adults. He couldn't see much more than their silhouettes, though. The woman spoke.


"What is it you wanted to show me, Sir?" She said, inquisitive. He nodded. "The reason I brought you here was to tell you a secret." She nodded. "And what would that be?" He leaned closer towards her. "Death." He said, and before Sirius could react, there was a green flash, and the woman was on the ground, and the man was gone.


He ran over to her. He saw the woman's confused face, the light no longer in her eyes. He felt that he had seen her before. He shook it off. He thought of what to do. 'He used the second killing curse, so her soul is still somewhere nearby.' He ran back to Chara's grave, and took the wand off of its pedestal. He filled the wand halfway with his spiritual force, and hoped that her spirit would get absorbed into the wand. 'I only filled it halfway, so the spirit would go to it seeing as they love absorbing energy, but the other half is an energy vacuum, so if her soul gets too close, the spirit will get sucked in.'


"Soul sight." He said, and his eyes glowed a gold colour, and he scanned around him. He saw her, and waited for her to come over. She saw the wands energy, and came over. But as soon as she touched it, she was getting absorbed by the wand. He held the wand over the woman's corpse, and spun it. It hovered, and kept spinning. It glowed a turquoise colour, and the light flowed out of the wand's tip, and into the woman's heart. Nothing happened. He felt dizzy. That took a lot of his energy, and he collapsed.


Chapter 3: Still alive


"Sir? Sir? Are you ok?" Asked a familiar as Sirius woke up. "Yes, I'm fine. What happened?" He asked, coming to his senses. "When I woke up, you were asleep. You're lucky I was here to help you. You should be grateful." She said bluntly. He recognized that voice. It was Esdeath.


"I saved your life, that's why I collapsed, so you should be thanking me." He said, just as bluntly. Her eyes widened. "Oh, so that's-" Her eyes narrowed with fury. "So that's why I was asleep all of a sudden. I didn't remember at first... But now I remember... It was him..." Sirius felt his body chilling up, so he tried to sit up, but was promptly put back down.


"You shouldn't get up yet, you exhausted a lot of energy doing what you did." She said, with a tone of voice that could almost be called kindness.


"Was that you being nice? Because if so, I didn't see it coming. Also, where are we and what time is it?" Esdeath rolled her eyes. " We are at my house, and it is evening." Ne nodded. He looked at his arms. "Wait, this isn't what I was wearing when I saved your life!" Esdeath nodded.


"Yes, We bathed you and changed your clothes into something more suitable for sleeping."

"Who's We- oh, right, there's Remiku too. Also," His eye twitched. "You bathed me?" She nodded. "Yes. Don't be embarrassed. You're not the first male body I've ever seen." She said nonchalantly. Suddenly, her hair shortened and turned black, and he realised Remiku was coming out.


It seemed like her form wasn't stable, as it kept switching between her and Esdeaths. "Yes, it is!" Remiku exclaimed, and finally, Esdeath took over and kept control of their body. Her cheeks were red.


"Don't worry. It's fine, I suppose. As long as you didn't... you know..." She nodded, her cheeks clearing up. "No, I didn't." She said, her voice slightly quieter than normal. "But how are you and Remiku?" Asked Sirius. "Were fine." She said. "No need to worry. But as soon as you can, you'll have to leave. But don't rush yourself, this kind of thing takes time. In the meantime, me and Remiku are going to take care of you. She's already taking time off to help out. Also, what's this card for?" She said smiling, holding up a business card the size of a playing card.


"Join the revolution? You're a rebel? You're a part of Blackstar?" She asked, almost in awe, but not trying to let herself show it. He shook his head. "I'm no member. I'm its leader." He said bluntly. She scoffed. "Why would you tell me? You do know I'm"- "A bounty hunter? Yeah, I could tell. But I saved your life, so I gave you leverage over mine. Seems fair to me." Said Sirius. She nodded.


"That does seem fair, but how can I believe you?" He shrugged, and held out his hand, showing his palm. "What? There's nothing there." Said Esdeath. With his other hand, he snapped, then, a design appeared on his hand, almost like an angular S, but with a line going through it, making two A's. She gasped. "You would make me a fortune if I turned you in. But, you're right, we're even now. And I've already given my word to you that We would take care of you." She sighed.


"But," She said. "If you tell anyone about the bath, I will kill you. Do you understand?" Sirius nodded. "Yes. But, in all seriousness, I would love to duel you some time. You seem like the type who knows how to fight." She nodded. "I do, and so does Remiku. Although, she's more skilled with a sword rather than hand to hand combat." He nodded once more.


"She wouldn't happen to know how to fight any of the star wars lightsaber forms, would she?" He asked. Her eye twitched. "How'd you"- He pointed to the 'Lightsaber Forms' book on the nightstand. "Oh." She said. Sirius sighed. "You need to pay more attention to your surroundings. Aren't you a general?" She glared at him. "One more joke about my namesake, and I will break our agreement, and kill you right now." She said, her eyes squinted in fury.


He rolled his eyes. "Sorry. " He admitted. Esdeath sighed. "But yes, she does know how all of the lightsaber forms. I don't know why, but she finds it interesting." He nodded. "I know someone who also knows all of the lightsaber forms. You know Count Uruz? Some people call her Count Aurochs. But, I formally trained her. She already knew the lightsaber forms when we met. Her weapon, the Maul, is based on Darth Maul's lightsaber. It's also where she got the name from. She's such a nerd deep inside, though not many people have seen that side of her." He said, almost reminiscent.


She smiled. "Her and Remiku would get along then. What style does Count Aurochs specialise in? Because for Remiku, it would be Niman, the Diplomat's style." He thought for a few seconds.


"Katrina's speciality would be Juyo, probably, considering her fascination with Darth Maul. I think Katrina would win against Remiku though." Esdeath scoffed. "No, Remiku would win. No doubt." He thought some more. "Does Remiku fight or practice often?" She shook her head no. "Well, Katrina does, so I think currently, she would win. But when Remiku has the practical experience, who knows? I think Juyo is too aggressive against Niman, and would win. But I don't know. We'll have to wait for that duel."


She seemed like there was something she needed to say, but didn't know how to say it. "Is there something you'd like to say?" Asked Sirius. She nodded. "I feel like I've..... known you for a long time, even though we met not too long ago. So does Remiku. Is that strange? Is it just me, or do you feel the same? Oh my god, I sound like I'm asking you out. Which I'm not, for clarification." She said.


He thought about it. "Yes, I do feel like I've known you for a long time as well. But maybe that's a sign we should be friends. What do you think, are we friends? After all, you're taking care of me for a while, and you wouldn't do that for a stranger." He said, extending his hand for a handshake. She reached out and shook it. "Yes," She added, "I think you're right." She said, a smile breaking out on her face.


Chapter 4: Don't Disappoint


Nevari looked out from the top of the balcony of a tall building, overlooking all of the civilians below. To her left was her right hand, was her valkyrie, Harana. "Time is of the essence, do not let me down. So many people in one place. It's time for us to make a presence." Said Nevari, through her silver mask that covered her whole face. "If time is of the essence, then I won't let you down. You're right, there's so many people in one place. Oblivious, just like you say. Trust me this time, you won't regret it." Nevari nodded. "Thank you, Master Chimera. Hanara giggled, and flew off.


"You will live, until the proper moment, Sirius. But I will be there for you, through time as it tick, tick, tick, ticks."



January 06, 2022 18:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.