2 comments

Inspirational

Once there was a small village nestled in the mountains where the people spoke a language utterly foreign to those living in the neighboring towns. Despite their linguistic differences, the villagers had always managed to trade goods and services with their neighbors, relying on gestures and drawings to communicate their needs.

One day, a young woman named Maria arrived in the village. She had been traveling for months, searching for her missing brother, who had ventured into these mountains and never returned. When Maria arrived in the village, she was relieved that the people were friendly and welcoming. Still, she quickly realized that she would need to find a way to communicate with them if she was going to gather any information about her brother.

Determined to find a way to bridge the language barrier, Maria began studying the village's language with the help of a kind-hearted woman named Zara, who had learned a bit of Maria's language when she was younger. Despite the challenges, Maria was determined to learn as much as possible, and Zara was happy to help.

As the weeks passed, Maria made slow but steady progress, and she was grateful for the patience and kindness of the villagers. One day, while walking, she stumbled upon a group of children playing in a field. They were laughing and chatting, completely unaware of Maria's presence.

As she watched them, Maria realized that children often have a way of understanding one another even when they don't speak the same language. She remembered how she used to play with her siblings, using gestures and facial expressions to communicate and understand each other.

Inspired by this realization, Maria approached the children and tried to engage them in play. At first, the children were hesitant, unsure what to make of this strange woman who spoke to them in a language they didn't understand. But as Maria persisted, they began to respond, using gestures and sounds to communicate their thoughts and feelings.

As the children played, Maria felt her heart fill with hope. She knew that she had found a way to communicate with the villagers, and she was grateful for the chance to connect with them in this way. And as the days passed, Maria's bond with the village grew more robust, and she knew that she had finally found a place where she belonged.

As the weeks turned into months, Maria's bond with the village grew stronger. She had found a place where she belonged, and the villagers had come to see her as one of their own. Despite the linguistic barriers between them, Maria had found a way to communicate with the people, using gestures and facial expressions to understand one another.

She spent her days helping out in the village, working in the fields, and tending to the animals. She had even started to pick up more of the villagers' language, and she was able to have basic conversations with them.

Despite her happiness in the village, Maria never forgot about her missing brother. She spent every spare moment searching for clues that might lead her to him, and she refused to give up hope.

One day, while walking in the mountains, Maria came across a group of travelers who spoke a language she recognized. Excited to finally communicate with someone in her own language, Maria ran over to them and started asking them questions about her brother.

To her disappointment, the travelers had never heard of Maria's brother, and they could not provide her with any information. Disheartened, Maria returned to the village, determined to continue her search.

As the months passed, Maria's search for her brother seemed to be at a dead end. She had exhausted all of her leads and had nowhere else to turn. She began to feel like she would never find him, and she started to lose hope.

One day, while working in the fields, Maria heard a faint voice calling out to her. At first, she thought she imagined things, but as the voice grew louder, she realized it was real. She followed the sound until she came to a small clearing in the forest, where she found her brother lying on the ground, barely conscious.

Overjoyed at finding her brother after all these months, Maria ran to him and lifted him up in her arms. She couldn't believe that she had finally found him and was determined to get him back to the village as quickly as possible.

As she carried her brother through the forest, Maria realized that despite all the linguistic barriers that had separated them, she had found a way to communicate with the villagers and build a life for herself in their village. And as she looked down at her brother, she knew she had also found a way to bring her family back together.

As Maria and her brother made their way back to the village, they encountered many challenges. The journey through the mountains was treacherous, and they had to navigate through dense forests and icy streams. At times, they had to rely on their instincts and the help of the villagers to guide them through the unfamiliar terrain.

Despite the difficulties, Maria refused to give up. She was determined to bring her brother home and reunite him with their family. She knew the journey would be long and difficult, but she was willing to do whatever it took to bring him safely back to the village.

As they walked, Maria remembered all of the people who had helped her along the way - the kind-hearted woman named Zara who had taught her the village's language, the children who had played with her and helped her to communicate, and the villagers who had welcomed her into their community. She knew that without the help of these people, she would never have found her way to her brother.

And as they finally reached the village and were greeted by the smiling faces of the villagers, Maria knew that she had finally found a home - a place where she belonged and a place where she could build a future with her brother by her side.

From that day on, Maria remained in the village, continuing to help out and work alongside the villagers. She and her brother worked together, using their combined skills and knowledge to help the village prosper. And despite the linguistic differences that separated them, the villagers and Maria found a way to communicate and understand one another, forming a bond that would last a lifetime.

December 18, 2022 17:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Wendy Kaminski
14:52 Dec 25, 2022

Very heart-warming story, Robert! You make such a great point about children at play: the game "peek-a-boo" came to mind. Has anyone, once, ever had to explain what that game is about? It would surprise me, if so. When a 2-year-old turns to you on the plane and covers their eyes, then peeps out, you are universally obligated to do the same... at least once. :) No words required! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
AnneMarie Miles
05:28 Dec 29, 2022

Hi Robert, this is quite the parable you have, and it is so sweet. It is filled with hope and persistence and dedication. I also get a similar message as Wendy has commented...children do know how to communicate without language! We are social creatures and some body language, gestures and facial expressions as you mentioned, are universal tools of communication. You did a great job of emphasizing that in this story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.