0 comments

Holiday

           

It was new year’s Eve. People were busy buying cakes on the streets of Melbourne. The rich aroma of the cakes took everyone to a divine feel. The stores were also freshly painted. The shops were covered with fresh roses which became a feast to the eyes. The tables were very well cleaned and the workers were busy at the billing section. The street also had several boutiques which made young women rush through the doors. There was a heavy traffic and the cop struggled a lot to clear the traffic. Amidst these busy situation, people were busy at buying. John Mathew, a man of 26 was living in an apartment. He had come from Los Angeles for his work. He loved his work and was passionate about it. When someone is passionate about something distance and obstacles doesn’t matters. So, he was very satisfied with his work. He planned to celebrate this new year , by engaging himself in a party . He thought of relaxing himself. John Mathew went to the club. George Stephenson , a man of 32 was working in the club . Though he had joined there only a week ago , he was able to capture the heart of the people by his mesmerising talk. So,everyone who visited the club loved to talk with him. They even thought him as their stress buster. At the same time , he too does his work with sincerity and commitment. But, he never revealed a word about his family. So people thought that he might be an orphan. But they did not confess this to him. John through his way, saw a little boy begging to his mother to get him a bike toy. His mother was not willing , since he had a lot. John by seeing this smiled to himself and thought, “ childhood days are always magical”. He crossed that shop and continued his way. He saw a beautiful woman on his way, wearing a black gown and there were stones of emerald floating on her neck. She also wore dazzling studs and a pearl bracelet. John was completely lost on seeing her face. The face was shining as bright as the moon. Even the moon failed to stand beside her for her beauty. George wanted to talk to her. His heart beat started to raise. His hands got shivered and somehow he managed himself to talk to her. He came up with lot of confidence and said , “hello.” The girl didn’t reply and he again told the same. The girl raised her chin so as to ask what. “May I know your name ?” asked John. The girl pointed out the word Mary, which was written on a shop. Then John replied, “ why are you not willing to even utter a word with me ?”. She girl bended her head down and through shaking her fingers , revealed that she was dumb. John’s heart stopped for a second. He didn’t want to miss her just because she is dumb. He told that he was in love with her. Mary was at her peak in shock. She ignored him and walked past him. John ran behind her and told, “ speech is just a sound. Sound is not needed to live. We will communicate through our Hearts and share our feelings through our eyes.”. Mary’s eyes was filled with tears. She hugged him. And along with Mary to celebrate his new year Eve, John went towards the club. When they entered, people were busy sharing their vodka and some were busy chatting with George. George was serving wine to them. To start their party with a wine, John and Mary went to George. As a work of regular basis, he started to talk to him. He spoke to them as if they were known to him for years. The new lovers enjoyed his way of talking. Mary kept on blushing at John. John felt very happy. He had almost lived a life with her in just two hours. They totally forgot their world. George and John, almost became like close friends. They shared their childhood experiences. Mary saw her close friend there and she left George for a while. Meanwhile, George informed John about his plan to go for theatre. George hesitated at first. But, George convinced him by saying that he can spend some quality time with Mary. As soon as thinking about Mary, John agreed. John asked to him , about the theatre which was near them. George told that there was one. John told the plan to Mary. Mary had a great belief in John and so she agreed. They started their way to the theatre. There was a large queue, at the ticket counter. George looked at John with embracement. But, George told that it was their own theatre which is under the control of the club. George also added that he can buy the tickets for all of them. John felt happy. He gave the money to him. He went to the counter to buy the ticket. Grace and John went to buy some eatables so that they can have during the movie. At that time , a group of cops, were chasing a thief . He rode his bike in a very rash manner and the people were shocked to see that. The cops, too on their bikes chased him as fastly as they can. At that moment, George came out of the theatre to look for John and Mary. George was not conscious about what’s happening to him, the thief hit George with his bike and George was thrown away and his head got heavily injured. John and Mary, threw all their snacks and they were in great shock. They ran towards him, George told him, “ You’ll be alright . Come! Come! Don’t loose your hope” They took him to the nearest hospital through a cab. George fell on to Mary's shoulder on their way. Then Mary saw that, there was a heavy bleeding from his ears. Mary and John cried a lot. 

John and Mary got married after a year on that same new year’ Eve. They cannot forget George's memories. After a year god gifted them with a male child. They named him, George.


January 03, 2020 14:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.