0 comments

Horror Suspense Thriller

Once upon a time, a saint who was very famous for his religious knowledge and spirituality, sitting in his Maktab, the windows of Maktab were opened and the curtains was flying slowly with soft wind, and sunlight was focused on his table where the Holy Quran was opened in front of him and he was busy in his worship with full concentration after the time of Ishraaq with his closed eyes. The weather was pleasant and soulful and the environment of Maktab is very peaceful. Suddenly he was listened a whispering around him. When he opened his eyes he saw a snake, sitting in front of him and enjoyed his recitation, he felt afraid and confused that how he save himself, and, unconsciously he took his stick and beat the snake twice, and snake was dead. And he starts his recitation again and after the completion of his Azkaar, he swept the room and through the snake out. 

After a while, he listened a knock at his door, he stood up with help of his stick, close Holy Quran, covered it with soft cloth cover and put it in cabinet that was at right corner of the room and walked towards the door, and while he opened the door he saw two big and strong old men in front of him who have huge white eyebrows and white long beard, strange, and they were looking very angry. He asked them for the reason of their arrival “Assalam o Alaikum! How can I help you? What you want?” they answered “Walaikum Assalam! You murdered our companion very cruelly, so, our Qazi wanted you in court for case hearing, we are here for your arrest cation, and you must be to come with us.” The saint was confused, afraid, thought something putting his head down, and then answered to them “I don’t think that anyone was hurt by my hand even, and you are saying MURDER” but the men forced him to go with them. Saint requested them for wait a while and walked into the room and wore his Amama and Chappal and bring his stick with him, and walked out from Maktab. The strange men tied a piece of cloth on his eyes and take him with them.

After passing sometime, his tied piece of cloth was opened by a man and when he opened his eyes he feels that he was in a very different and strange world. He opened his eyes and the place seems like a strange kind of court. It was a big hall in which the candles were lightening on a massive Fanoos. The lights of candles were reflected by small mirrors which are designed around the Fanoos. The whole place was full of light and heavy curtains were covered the windows and doors. The court-hall was very old-style which reminds him the ancient times. It was looking like an exalted Darbaar. A very strange and grotesque environment all over there.

The court-hall was full of men, all looking very old in age, standing in front of Qazis, very disciplined in line, three Qazis were sitting on big chairs placing on a higher place like a throne, were very old even they looks weak Zaeefs and had very powerful and soulful personalities. Their white eyebrows were very heavy and covered their eyes even. Their beards were too big and were elegant with heavy white hairs, wrinkles were very clear on their faces, wore big golden scholar coats. There was a big table in front of them with bundle of heavy books and Qalam and Dawat putting in front of each of them. Two men were standing in left and right side of the Qazis with holding Naizas as guards. They have huge body and strong muscles. Two men standing right and left of the saint as Hawaaldars and the saint was standing in Katehra. A man was standing in another Katehra and looking oppressed and upset.

So, a Qazi addressed the saint, the voice of Qazi was tremored that was expressed that he is too much old, and addressed him “it’s an accusation on you that you’ve murdered one of our companions even he never harmed you?” the saint answered that “I’ve never murdered anyone as I remembered.” The man who was standing in another Katehra said that “I saw him when he murdered my brother, how he can deny”. 

The saint answered “I don’t know who you are, so, why I would kill your brother”. Then one of the Qazis, who was sitting in center of two others, said that “we are another creature of Allah, known as Jin, so, you killed a snake a while ago, actually he was not a snake, he was a Jin, so, in front of you in another Katehra is his brother”. The saint got afraid and shivering and looked with pleading eyes towards the Qazi and said “I was totally unaware that he was a Jin, I was killed him just for my self-defense because a snake is a poisoned animal and could harm me.”

The Mud’daee Jin was said “I want Justice”. Then the Qazis whispered in each other ears and they said that we listened by Holy Prophet (PBUH) that if someone mistakenly murdered someone then it would not be considered as murder, so, in our view the saint is not a murderer. Then the Mud’daee Jin said “I understand that you mistakenly murdered my brother, so, I forgive you, and you are free from my side, you can go”. The saint thank to him and his face glowed with happiness and saw towards Qazis for the final decision. 

Finally, the Qazi who is sitting in center of two other Qazis addressed and said “Oh saint we free you, and you can go” and he looked towards Hawaaldars, addressed them and told them to “bring the saint back to his Maktab with respect that is he deserve”.

Hawaaldars tied a piece of cloth again on saint’s eyes softly and respectably and humbly bring him back to his Maktab and they said “Khuda-Hafiz” to the saint and went back. The saint smiles and feels so easy and relaxed and thank to Allah for his blessing for giving him an opportunity to Ziyarat of Sahabis.

December 02, 2020 16:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.