0 comments

General

Alexandra smiled as she looked at the box hidden in her closet. She had been bored and decided to sort out her closet when she found the familiar violet and black box at the back of her closet.

That box held so many memories. She still remembered him giving her this box as she was moving to another place with her parents. They had been best friends ever since they laid eyes on each other when they were still in diapers.

Both were crestfallen when her parents told them that they were moving to a different place. He had refused to let her go away from him. He had even prepared a messy banner saying-

"I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL BE UPTO NO GOOD IF SHE LEAVES.

P.S. I MEAN IT. I WILL GO ON HUNGER STRIKE."

As if that's the worse thing he could do. Then she had joined him in his protest and she made another banner saying-

"ME TOO."

They both had sat in front of the front door of her house, as if they were protestors of some mass moment and refused to move until their fathers lifted them in their arms and took them inside.

Before a week of their departure, he had told her that they would make so many memories and store them in a box. They had bugged their moms to give them two boxes of same size. Then they decorated them with their favorite colours- violet and black. Both of them loves the stars and everything related to them. So they painted little stars all over the boxes.

He had then borrowed his brother's polaroid camera and they took many pictures of them doing everything and nothing. He even got her purple roses because she liked them.

She still had those dried up roses in the memory box.

They made eachother bracelets, lockets and so much more. They promised to always keep up their tradition of making birthday cards even after they parted.

Before she had to leave, he had taken her to his treehouse and quickly kissed her on her cheek and told her to swear not to kiss or take kissed from anyone other than him. When she asked him to promise the same thing he had grinned and said, "I swear on the River Styx not to kiss anyone other than you. Oh I also swear that I won't even look at other girls."

She had frowned and asked, "What will you do when they stand in front of you?"

"I'll close my eyes."

Then after that she left with her parents and both went separate ways. There wasn't a say she didn't think about him. Even if he wasn't there with her, she remembered him in everything she did- from reading Percy Jackson to watching constellations.

He had called himself Percy and her, his Annabeth.

Then as time passed, they lost contact and on one fateful day, their parents surprised them by taking them to meet each other. They were 16 then. Feelings of friendship grew into something more...

His dark hair was longer and messed up. He was so tall, she only reached his shoulders. His green eyes seemed to be the only thing that didn't change. They were still as green as emeralds and held the same love and adoration as they used to. But there was also something else. Loneliness...

They had never been the same ever since they had parted ways. He just couldn't bring himself to find another friend. People tried to befriend him but he shut them out. It just wasn't the same without her and there was also the fact that he lost his brother.

He almost went into depression but that memory box given by her brought him right back. It reminded him how colourful the world was. It reminded him everything they did together. It reminded him about her. Not that he had forgotten her or anything. It was amazing how someone who wasn't even with him at the moment immediately brought a smile to his face. Someone who he grew up with, someone who he was glad of knowing.

The thought of how he kissed her in that treehouse always brought a smile to his face. And so he began painting. He painted her. Many times. He painted their time together.

One time while he was buying his art supplies, a girl had approached him and asked him out. Just as she called him, he closed his eyes. She looked at him weirdly but still asked him out. He blankly rejected her and told her that he already had a girlfriend. Well...it was half true. He never actually asked her but still.

Every time some girl approached him, he would close his eyes. A swear on the River Stxy should be taken seriously after all.

Once some guy from his class had taken out her picture from his locker when he was keeping his books back. He almost got suspended for punching the guy for calling her Hot.

The day they finally met, he couldn't stop staring at her. Her dark brown hair was in a braid. She was so short, she only reached upto his shoulders. And her eyes held the same warmth, love and adoration as they always did.

Their parents left them alone for the day. He walked upto her and slowly caressed her cheek. "You're so short." he teased causing her to pout at him. His older self was back.

"How are you so tall?" she asked looking up at him. He shrugged and smiled. "How are you?"

She shrugged. "Alone. But you're here now." She smiled at him causing his heart to skip a beat. "What about you?"

He smiled back at her. "Same."

They talked about everything and nothing. He actually got jealous when she said that she had a crush on Niall Horan jokingly.

That caused her to tease him about being jealous.

It was night already and they were looking for their favourite constellations- Perseus and Andromeda.

She looked so beautiful to him under the moonlight. He found himself leaning towards her. She blushed and closed the distance between their lips.

After that, both blushed brightly and smiled.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

She smiled at him. "I already am."

"Promise me something." he asked.

"Anything." she said.

"Don't leave me." he said, his voice cracking. She shook her head. "I won't. I swear on the River Styx."

After their parents took them to dinner, they dropped a bomb. Not literally.

"We're moving back to our old house." her mother said smiling at them.

"Really?!" both of them exclaimed at the same time.

His mom smiled. "Yes really. Your stuff is already at the house as we speak. In fact, you're going back tonight."

They looked at eachother with huge smiles on their faces.

----*----

Alexandra was snapped out of her thoughts as she heard the door opening. It was him.

"Look what I found!" he grinned at her showing her the memory box given by her. She grinned back at him and showed her memory box.

He took out a familiar polaroid and said, "Lets make some more memories."

May 08, 2020 15:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.