Well, that happened.

Written in response to: Write a story that includes the phrase “I’m free!”... view prompt

0 comments

Contemporary Gay LGBTQ+

I heard the front door open followed by my boyfriend’s loud and happy voice yelling, “I’m Free!” followed by “Daniel, you here?”

“Kitchen,” Seated at our dinner table, laptop before me along with a collection of notes and textbooks I saved my report and looked up in surprise as Jordan walked in, carrying a milk crate with all his personal items, looking like he won the lottery.

Though I had a sinking suspicion about what happened, especially since he was supposed to still be at work right now, I asked anyway. “So how was your day?”

“Terrific,” he pushed my notes aside and sat his crate down on the table. “I went to work, got bitched at by my boss when I asked for time off next month because I want to go visit mom, after which I told him he can shove his clipboard up his ass and quit.”

I looked at him in stunned disbelief. “You quit? Just because you couldn’t get time off?”

“Not just because of that, there’s been a lot of other shit building up at work but this just pushed me over the edge,” he shrugged like it was no big deal that we now faced financial hardship. “I didn’t even bother to finish my shift, I just packed up and came home.”

“I see that,” It took a huge amount of effort to keep the bitchiness out of my tone. “Care to explain what we’re going to do for money now? We had an agreement, you work while I concentrate on getting my bachelor's degree. Are you saying all the money I invested in school is wasted because I have to drop out?”

“Woah, dial it back some, tiger. I have a plan,” he moved behind me and started massaging my shoulders nice and slow. “I’ve been giving it a lot of thought over the past few months, ever since changes in policy went down at work and they hired Mussolini to be the new boss. Just leave it all to me. I’ll keep making money and you can stay on your journey to becoming a lawyer.”

I sighed, surrendering myself to the massage. “Mind telling me what this great plan of yours is?”

“Only if you promise to keep an open mind and not get mad until you hear me out.”

Warning bells went off and I could feel the tension building in my shoulders despite his increased pressure to get rid of it. “Alright, I promise.”

“Your muscles say otherwise but I’ll trust your words, Mr. Lawyer. I’m going to become a webcam model.”

“A what!” I tried to turn but Jordan’s grip tightened on my shoulders, holding me into place. 

“Remember, you promised to have an open mind and hear me out.”

“That was before you said you wanted to become a porn star!”

“I’m not a porn star though that wouldn’t be a bad thing really. I’d be a cam boy.”

“Is there a difference? You’re still performing sex acts on video for money.”

“Yeah, but if I get good at it and develop a following it’ll be for big money,” he let me go and moved around so I could see him. “It wouldn’t just be live performances either, I can make videos or do photo shoots and post them on porn sites for money. There’s a lot of different options besides interacting with people in chat sessions.”

“Doesn’t all this take time though? I doubt you’ll be making bank the first day you start selling yourself online. What are we going to do about money until then, Magic Mike?”

“I got it covered, don’t worry. I can get a side job while doing this and we do have savings if things get bad. Don’t worry, it’ll all work out. You can even join me if you want. We can make this a family affair.”

My eyes widened so much I thought they would fall out. “You want us to make a sex tape?”

 “Sort of though we don’t have to have sex. There are other things we can do if you’re willing to cross a kinky line.”

That shut me up as images sprang to mind. I wasn’t a virgin when it came to porn and my viewing history wasn’t what you’d call vanilla on those sites. I kept such interests a secret from Jordan because I was afraid he’d think I was a freak for liking bondage. This new turn of events opened up a world of possibilities. 

“OK.” I said at length, my mind still in the gutter. “Let's just say I’m open to giving it a try. What do I or we need to do?”

Now it was Jordan’s turn to look stunned. “Really? You’ll do this with me?”

“I said I’ll give it a try, just as long as I don’t have to do anything too extreme. I do have limits.”

“Oh? We’ve been together for almost two years and I’m just now seeing your freak flag?”

“What about you? You went from a normal pencil pusher to a kinkster all in a few hours.”

Jordan picked up his crate and headed to our room. “Looks like we both have a habit of keeping secrets. Maybe tonight we can share some. Why don’t you research some ideas on that.”

That wasn’t such a bad idea. My mind for sure wasn’t in the mood for law anymore and I put too much work into my report to screw it up now. Saving my work I clicked out of Google Docs and opened a few of my favorite extracurricular online activity sites to find some inspiration. On a whim, I pulled up an adult toy site and clicked on the kink section. If we were going to do this right, if I was going to become a bondage bunny, it seemed only fitting that I be the one to pick out the props. Luckily, I had a wishlist all saved up with a few favorite items. Grinning like a kid let loose in a candy store I added nearly half into the cart, not even bothering to look at the price, and clicked buy. 

May 07, 2023 18:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.