0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Horror

This story contains sensitive content

So there is some gore and implied threats of mental torture and cursing.

Hmm, why is Bell here? wait why are those sewer rats following behind her?

A man that is around 6 feet tall with short black hair and abyss-like black eyes could be described as drop-dead handsome with a completely black suit that seems to lead into the void. Saw a short yellow blond haired woman that was above average in looks walking funny while a bunch of tattered clothing hoodlum men followed her.

Mister Umbrage your black coffee is ready a waitress said as she put the coffee on the table seemingly trying to get his attention. “Thank you miss but I will be having this to go I will also be taking this cup with me here is $500 for the cup and here is another 50 for your excellent assistance in getting my order done in under 5 minutes.” The man said as he got up and walked out of the store no one seemed to even bother to stop him.

It was only after he left the building that the waitress seemed to even process that he left in the first place. She was a little confused but just went to the boss of the place to give him the $500.

Such a bustling city it seems that there is always something going on. The handsome man then got into his car which was quite ordinary in the backseat. “Lion go and follow that woman that was being followed by those rats,” he said and the car also started following behind them.

After around 5 minutes of tailing them bell ducked into an alleyway while those men followed. “Stop here you can stay because I will be out with her in a few minutes” Umbrage said as he got out of the car. “Good luck boss” the driver who also had golden blond short hair and was quite short compared to his boss.

Umbrage merely chuckled and walked into the alleyway. After just a few steps he heard a interesting conversation he didn’t even seem to bother hiding himself no one just seemed to acknowledge his presence.

“Miss you should know why we’re here,” one of the rats said he seemed to be the only one that could talk without speaking vulgarities by rubbing his hands another man said. “Ya you can’t just walk around with a fine ass like that and then go into an alleyway and not expect to get fucked” another one said as he got a little bit closer.

“Sir that doesn’t mean I wanted you to follow me I was afraid you would follow me to my house and attack me also if you get any closer I will scream and call the cops,” Bell said as her hand was already in her pocket but she was remarkably calm.

Interesting this isn’t how she usually would act from what Andrew told me she should be freaking out more stuttering and would not have even gotten into this alley if anything she would dart to the police station or at least stay in public spaces.

“You know that at some point with your antic you would have bit you in the ass by karma,” Bell said as she tried to threaten them. “Oh, are you saying your packing heat in your pocket too” he flashed his handgun too the less vulgar man said as he smirked at her face.

“Also I’m pretty sure we can restrain you before you could even let out a sound in fact” Suddenly they all moved at the same time seemingly trying to restrain her before continuing the conversation. But if they were a bit more attentive they would have noticed a strange protrusion in that pocket with her hand in it.

Wait a minute is she? suddenly there was a cold look on his face and he immediately stepped out startling Bell but the others seemed to not notice. The group of 7 that were about to reach Bell seemingly froze with their expressions of viciousness frozen in time.

“Bell it’s been a while,” Umbrage said with a warm look on his face. “I WAS SO SCARED!!” Bell screamed as she ran to him and hugged him in an embrace with her head smothered on his chest. “It’s fine I’m here now” he saw with a gentle look on his face and rubbed her head.

“Know them,” Umbrage said as he grabbed Bell into a princess carry while her head was on his chest. He walked with heavy footsteps as he walked back to the car while she was sobbing in his arms never looking at his face. It’s too bad if she did she would have noticed the ice-cold expression on his face forming with traces of hatred.

This is the mysterious man from my memories he is quite weird in fact with that trick he could do a lot of different things it’s best to quickly distance myself away from him.

Bell thought as she cried in his arms. While she was thinking he arrived at his car and roughly put her in and she looked at his face as she winced in pain all she saw was a warm smile. “Thank you for your help can yo-” Bell was cut off and Umbrage said “You don’t need to worry about it I will take you home but before we do that I think we should get you something to eat at Fantasia we also need to get you checked out by a doctor later,” he said as he gently closed the door.

He then walked to the driver’s side door and told him to go to Fantasia and take a long route when I give the sign take the quickest route to Fantasia with a weird look on Lion’s face and Umbrage got into the passenger side door and sat next to the bell.

“Here is a refreshing Arabian tart this drink is of a cherry flavor it’s quite good in my opinion,” He said as he poured a glass for himself and Bell. “Thank you very much,” Bell said as she grabbed the glass and took sips of it.

“Oh didn’t you say that you hated cherries and alcohol it seemed that living out in the countryside does change your tastes,” he said with a playful smirk on his face. This startled Bell and she quickly responded well after living there “My tastes did change a little bit after all my husband is quite the drinker.”

“Why don’t you have this blessed apple I know it has a strange name but it’s truly a good drink,” He said as he mixed both of his drinks together. “No I am truly full I don’t want to do anything unladylike,” she said as she avoided the drink.

But didn’t you like this drink you would have even asked about this before you got the other drink? Umbrage thought as he played with his own drink.

“Bell it’s been a while but why did you come back after all this time didn’t you say you were going to stay in the countryside and when did you get married I thought you were just boyfriend and girlfriend.”

“Well we decided to get married sorry I didn’t tell you and Andrew we were going to give out invitations later and the reason I came here was to get some stuff at my home those men were following me for a bit and I panicked and ran into the alleyway thankfully you were there before things turned bad,” she said with a great full look.

Oh, you impostor you don’t know a single thing about the person you impersonated she would have never acted this way around me she would have been a lot shyer, and the fact that when I picked you up you made me crack the ground I was walking on when I picked you up. You also have that disgusting scent of the undead on you. Umbrage thought as he savored his drink.

“But couldn’t you have just asked Andrew to bring it over or even just asked him to ship it out to you,” umbrage said as if he suddenly just thought of it. “This is a more sensitive thing that I wanted to get myself and my husband decided to stay to look after the house because he knew Andrew would be here with me” Bell quickly said and put on a whole irritated face.

Your going to use my next line to get out of this situation well impostor let’s see how you will act if I say nothing. Umbrage just nodded his head and backed off and reached for a refill on his glass the driver then took the quickest route to Fantasia.

Why isn’t he speaking more this isn’t how it was supposed to go he seems to be testing me with the blessed apple drink he seems to already have the inclining that I’m not human so I can’t leave now fuck bell thought as she sat there seething about the situation and going with the flow.

After a few minutes they parked and Umbrage got out while Lion opened the door for Bell. “I have booked us a place to sit on the 50th floor which also happens to be the top floor just to get you reacquainted with Boston,” he said as he guided Bell toward the building. Lion went with them but later split apart from them and went with a waitress elsewhere.

After a few minutes in the elevator bell and Umbrage walked out with Bell walking forward. Another waiter saw them and guided them to their seats. The black-suited umbrage and the sun-dressed Bell sat down. There was other guest but they just seemed to ignore them both for some reason.

“Well well, Ms. Impostor who also happens to be of supernatural origin who are you and why are you in this city” Umbrage bluntly asked. “I merely came here to grab someone who tried to kill me before and just leave I’m sure you could let this slide since you are the ruler of here, to begin with,” Bell said clearly not surprised that she was found out.

“Oh you seem to misunderstand I asked you who you are and you should know that I can’t let you just take anyone from this city,” he said as his abyss-like eyes stared at her with his arms arched and both hands underneath his chin.

Bell seeing this smile got spooked and quickly composed herself and stated “I just want to kill a random person named Ralph he is just a nobody that ruin my plan and nearly killed me and my dad king of the North is your ally and so I wanted to revenge on this and for you to look the other way”.

Craaaaaaaaack-

Too bad when she finished nothing was said except for the sound of a crack opening up on the window no one could hear it but she heard it even though if they did look they would see and massive crack in the window next to them.

The eyes on Umbrage have turned completely black even the white on his eyes wasn’t spared and he was just smiling the whole time. “I’M A SKIN WALKER” Her composure was shattered and she quickly spat that out.

“Now was that so hard to say?” Umbrage said his voice somewhat distorted. “Now then you don’t know any manners do you? You first come into my city and try to make a scene by making that alleyway into a meat gallery and then you have the nerve to speak to me like your my equal?”

“Not only that you try to throw the king of the north authority and relationship in my face when you are only a bastard child of that wretched apostle do you think that I’m just clay that you can just mold however you like? Even if he was right in front of me I would personally slaughter him just how I did with his actual children and nail him to this restaurant.” With each word he spoke, he had a twisted smile on his face his mouth so wide that it looks like it would break his human form and cracks seemingly growing in all directions with himself and the center.

No other person seems to notice this in fact they also seem to get distorted too. “WHAT THE FUCK WHAT ARE YOU,” bell or the skin walker said as she fell off her chair and stuttered as she frantically backed away. “You know I wouldn’t have even bothered about your existence but you killed a person you shouldn’t have and you were so thorough you even scattered her soul how will I tell Andrew this?” Umbrage said as the void around him seemed to create human eyes and all 50 of them stared at her.

This freaked her out so much that she darted out of there. She broke down the door and darted to the elevator but she saw that it was on the ground floor. “Fuck!” she sweated and ran down the stairs.

“Where is everyone?!” For each floor she pass she didn’t see anybody but what she did see was a growing amount of black cracks with a black substance flowing out of it and many many eyes.

“You know Skin walkers get their skins by causing their targets an immense amount of fear so that they can adapt to the body faster and easier and it seems that while yours is not perfect I would guess that you were about 90% of the way there to get this you would have to cause her to basically give up on life” A voiced echoed throughout the building with a hatred dripping from it.

“No No No NO NO NO NO” The woman seemed to be on a mental breakdown from the fear that is being induced in her. In fact, she seemed to not be going fast enough and started to put holes into the floor starting from the 36 floor.

Smash!!!!

Smash!!!

Smash!!!

With each smash, she broke through the floor with no human insight only a black tar substance and eyes.

Suddenly a hand reached out and grabbed the skin walker’s leg. “HehehehehEHEHEHE how do you think I’m going to explain this to my great friend Andrew? I’m going to break you down in mental torment and make you experience the same amount of fear you put Bell through in fact I’m going to show him the true killer. But don’t worry I have a friend otherwise known as eternal light who can put you back together after I make you experience trillions of deaths and torture techniques I will break you down and not even your screams for mercy will be heard!!!!!!!!!.” Crazed laughter could be heard from the surroundings.

NO!!!!!!! she screamed as she smashed the floor and ran even faster while going through the floors. She very quickly reached the last floor and saw the door out and ran as fast as her legs could take her but she only heard laughter and just as she reached the door a massive hand grabbed her by the waist and stopped her dead in her tracks.

She hit the hand clearly producing force minutes passed and she continued doing it until every bone in both of her arms and hands was broken. “hehe you think you can escape?” then she was yanked back with the same amount of speed she took to get there. Her upper body was thrown into many walls breaking away her flesh and showing her true appearance as a completely average-looking woman which soon changed and even that skin was smashed away.

she then returned to the 50 floors and suddenly slowed down. Her appearance was akin to a zombie that had all skin removed and holes appearing in all muscles that were on the extreme of a rotten appearance. She turned to face the door which she broke to get out of there. She could see Umbrage his Mortal form was gone and all that was there was a Black void as deep as the abyss with many eyes.

She tried to scream but all that came out was groans. The laughter was all she could hear and she slowly was dragged him and tried to grab anything but everything was covered in the slippery black tar making everything slick.

Minutes felt like years and she was dragged back and the smashed door frame that she was dragged through had the shards of wood wiggle and turn the worms that combined and remade the door and it slowly closed by itself and only a groan could be heard then a piercing scream which soon turned to complete under silence when the door closed.

Then all the holes and damage the building suffered fixed itself and the eyes, cracks, and black substance disappeared and the human returned with confused looks on their face seemingly like they just woke up from a nap.

May 26, 2023 23:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.