0 comments

Coming of Age Drama Inspirational

I used to wonder and day dream I will ever met her, for all this year's I didnt know how I was gonna get the money to meet her but I had a hope that helped me to keep believing even thou financial situation at home was an issue cope. I had rough background as a kid, no mother and father by my side imagine those two people that brought you to this world disappeared nowhere to be found when a baby cries. I always wished and prayed for that family spirit mother and father plus like I see on TV. I mean I needed their comfort, words of courage, someone to look up to but instead I had my mother's mother (grandmother) who saw potential, capabilities and An elder woman sacrifice all the die time social grant funds to invest on the life of your boy.

I wished and steamed to such extend even if I wanted to give up on life but my heart desire was strong enough to let me weep during time to weep, be happy during time to rejoice problem comes when all those people that made me laugh, smile forget my worries are gone. I used to wake up while my grandmother was still asleep to go to the neighbours cause they had toys while I didn't have a single of them. Someday I went to neighbours early in the morning before they even wake up, I will ask for their sons if we could play they mother will respond by saying they still asleep comeback later after you bath and when they are awake. One of the boys will wake up looked me by the window, when I try to tell her she is lying she will shout at me and say elder person doesn't lie, I was disappointed I apologized and left. Someday when they have plans of going out as a family, when I went to the family I will find the gate locked but I can hear the car engine running inside the garage.

I will seat by the gate till when they about to go out I will stand up hold on to the Palisade fencing the mother will ask me to go bath so that they will go with me. I will run home tremble but never fall I will get home find the water my grandmother boiled for making tea, I will use it without consulting her. Pour boiling water in a bowl and bring all my bathing cosmetic pack, refill them water back start bathing from the head done, upper body done, take off stinky boots, pants get inside the bowl with both fit after I start to bath I will just hear the car out of the garage the gate opens I am becoming worried they shouldn't leave me behind get done quick.

I will run to grandmother's room for change of clothes, body lotion I will just paste at some point so I can wear. When I finish using lotion on my body I will hear gate close car leaving I will cry out loud like I am about to die, grandmother will come rushing with stick from guava tree to hear what am crying for and if it doesn't make sense she beat me up when I cry yelling my mother's name she will say shut Up I will just lower my noise, start mumbling. Them neighbours kids will come back and ask for me to come play I was angry, I didn't go to them I decided to use a brick to design all different cars🚗🚑🚒🚐🚚. I spend all day at home till the light meets the dark, them kids from neighborhood came wearing new sneakers that light up lights during night. So I went to congratulate them and while I was still admiring them sneakers my grandmother will call me, cause I didn't wanna get beaten up again I will go home while other kids still cheering up for neighbours kids.

I went home 🏠 to sleep early as possible cause my heart was broken that I can't get those sneakers by the look of how my grandmother does everything in her power that I never went to bed with empty stomach. I will be worried wish if I can wake up next morning seeing my mother, but I slept unnoticed grandmother will just come out warm blankets on me so I couldn't catch colds.

I will wake up next morning start following my grandmother everywhere she go in the yard busy asking questions from what she does and where I don't understand she will tell me all the ancient stories so I could have a light, when she done we go drink tea, after tea I will be told to wash dishes I will do it without waste of time. She will ask me to stay at home and not go far and if I ever go far she will beat me when she don't find me, so I will ask what time she coming back she will say maybe around 12midday. Soon as she left I went to play with the kids from neighbours and kids from neighbours asked if we go play soccer so I went with them far from home. We arrived and they set a team of 5 play each team I was on the bench 1st and 2nd game one of our team got injured they decided to replace her even thou we were playing with her ball, so I went in play as a substitute and I scored also during the game while I still celebrate I asked referee what time it was passed 11hour I calculated the distance I saw if I ever continue playing I won't be able to arrive home before grandmother does.

I decided to ask if I can be substituted faking my injury busy trying to limb when they agree I ran off like a cheetah I while I was on the way started jogging flexing to catch my breath, I went and arrive home and Grandmother was not yet arrived so I sat down looking at her direction where is she about as always.

But hey no luck I got tired and went inside the yard, immediately I prepare food for lunch she arrived I went and assist her offloading her blocks for making fire later cause she wanted to cook my favourite bread Dumbling.

I came back and ask if I could serve her I went and prepare her food and warm water so she can wash hands. I took my plate aswell so I can eat next by her, then while I was eating she said to me my mother has called on her cellphone Ericsson mobile.

I asked what did she said to her and replied that my mother is finished with her school grades she graduated aswell she will be home by Friday. This were the news I didn't expect to hear after 12yrs she finally came home. I was excited alot to hear that and she told me not to tell anyone yet till she arrives I promise her to keep mouth shut. I hold on to the secret till Friday morning when my mother called and say I am no longer coming I will come on Saturday asked me what I wanted from her I mentioned maybe 20things including a new baby (Lil brother or sister) she laughed and said ok.

So I waited for the Friday to end so it can be Saturday and she arrived during Saturday's morning 🌞 I was excited she covered best of my interest 1 Diary, 2Coockypens,3,Cookies and Sweets ,4 Bicycle & She was already pregnant only left with few days to give birth. She asked me to feel the kick when they bby shift on her big belly I was afraid felt like she was hurt during kicks.

For 1st time I saw the face of my own mother, kiss from her, present from her, I didn't want her to disappear again everywhere she goes I follow her even when she go to toilet. During the day she decided to go lay down I went and follow her I remember she wanted to take clothes off I ran out and hide outside, she worn her maternity dress and lay down she surmount me to come I went in and share the bonding busy playing with my nose and sing for me Lullaby till I fall asleep.

When I waken up the baby was born little cute, tiny little yellow boy. I anticipate to see him they say I will see him tomorrow. I slept trying to sneak and see him, but with no luck my grandmother saw me she invited me to come sleep on her bed so she is my protector I went over she asked me to rename the kid I said many name and they named the child after my grandmother late husband. It was an amazing feeling to have new born at home. Thanks for grandmother for raising me and god to give me an opportunity to meet my mother, I spoke prophecy about a new baby and so god delivered.

Enjoy reading I wish and pray that one day I will publish my book.

To my readers please comment so I can sharpen up my skills. I accept your offer of advice if you see its due.

By Shiko Mathabatha

July 21, 2021 04:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.