1 comment

Science Fiction

The Blue Light

This story is going to be in a poetic form and way, so you must try in your mind to visualize what I am about to say.....

You are going to take a little trip now so close your eyes, and vicariously to your mind you will realize.....

A little walk along the beach by the roaring sea when your extra sense tells you, something is looking at me !

Soon these thoughts start wandering through your now mind of mass confusion as your eyes are focused on something that appeared to be an optical illusion.

This is what it was, right here on this beach, this blue light of remote captivity just beyond my reach.

I reached out to touch it and what did I feel, this numbing sensation from my head to my heel.

I was soon getting drowsy and my body felt weak and before I knew it I was falling asleep.

Asleep in this darkness it was a deathly fright because there was no one to help me and there was no one in sight.

Later I had awakened and where was I? In this tube like contraption shooting out through the sky.

As I left the Earth's darkness high out in through space I knew this was something that I would soon have to face.

I then realized that I had better calm down when suddenly I heard this humming sound.

Hmmmmmm Hmmmmm.

I turned my head slowly and what did I see, this un-godly looking creature staring at me.

Man this creature was a gruesome-looking monster! It had claw like feet that of a gigantic-looking lobster.

It was eight feet tall and weighed a good four hundred pounds when again I heard that humming sound, Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm.

It had four foot shoulders and that ain't all, it had one huge eye the size of a cannon ball.

It closed in so near I could smell it's hot odory breath and I was now having illusions of a slow torturing death.

It's moist scaly hands starting petting my head. I almost passed out, and I almost dropped dead.

I then heard it's thoughts in both my left and right ear, " BE BRAVE MY LITTLE EARTH CREATURE THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR ".

The humming sound started coming in fine, because it was transmitting its thoughts into my confused state of mind.

Yet fear and contention were near at my heart, for I was afraid if I moved it would literally rip me apart.

I paused a moment to think for a while, and before I knew it we were travelling in style.

Our destination to me was unknown, because all I could think of was getting back home.

It transmitted again, " YOU'RE GOING TO MARS WHERE LIFE HAS NO ENDING HIGH UP IN THE STARS. "

I had come to my senses and realized the fact that there was no getting out and there was no turning back.

Then there in my vision was this strange little world, the creature drooled and stared at me as my stomach curled.

It pressed this button and with super sub floric-like speed the tube like contraption had now come to its retrieve.

I was now well aware that the tube had landed and I was also aware that it would soon be abandoned.

It reached over my head and turned this latch and there before by eyes was this huge exit hatch.

Down this remote controlled elevator with highly incredible thrust, my heart throbbed tensely and my mind at distrust.

It was dark inside and it didn't seem right because soon did appear that same blue light.

Here I go again. I said to myself, to that sleep in the darkness and again with no help.

By the time the elevator had reached the tube's bottom floor, I couldn't hear or see, nor could I sense any more.

When I had awakened this time I was face down on that same beach where it first came and took me into it's reach.

As I wiped the sand off of my face and I saw this tube-like contraption shooting high out in through space.

Am I in another trance or another dream of some kind?  So I looked up again and it was following behind......

This is what it was to prove I wasn't lit, it was that same blue light following that tube space ship.

So I arose to my feet and I turned around when again I heard that same humming sound.

I then ran for my life through dry and wet sand, so tired and so weak that I could no longer stand.

I fell to my feet screaming, " SOMEBODY HELP! " and that's when I saw them dragging seaweed and kelp.

There were eighty of them! No there were ninety of them! And they were squealing like little rats.

They had protruding-like little eyes with little wings on their backs.

Then all of a sudden I was being wrapped in strands of slime it seemed. " HELP ME! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME " I screamed.

Then I was being lifted up into the air by the loose strands of the seaweed and by my hair.

Again I heard that same humming sound, coming from the cliffs where I was bound.

" HELP ME, OH PLEASE HELP ME LITTLE CREATURES! "  I said, and the only reply was their screeching and away we fled.

It was cold, dark and damp on this summer night. Through the darkness they carried me clutching me tight.

Through crevasses and chambers and wave eaten walls, through tunnels of erosion and moss coated halls.

Drag me they did over sharp pitted stone to a large echoing chamber to be left here all alone.

Here I was lying so quiet and still when suddenly Ifelt this peculiar like chill.

The seaweed and the kelp were now being unraveled from me, someone at last had come to set me free!

I soon then discovered that I was wrong, when around my neck was this bony thong.

Then thrusting through this cave in this chamber of fright was that same one eyed monster and it was a sure-winning fight.

As the monster watched it's competitor's nerves twitch and slowly die, I got a real good look at that one huge bulging eye.

This is my chance to make my escape and I had to think fast or it would be to late.

So I reached down and picked up this quartz-like rock and heaved it into the eye with all I had got.

The monster screeched with a volume so piercing in pain, I had to get the hell out of here because this cat was going insane.

I then ran for my life through slopes and through pits, soon out the main entrance to the edge of the cliffs.

I plunged into the ocean of this rocky cliff shore, swimming and swimming until I couldn't bare any more.

I miraculously made it back to that same place on that beach sand, where it first came and took me into its command.

I was tore out of my mind in the black of the night loaded on a little roach that sure put me right.

END

May 15, 2022 06:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Rabab Zaidi
16:31 May 21, 2022

Interesting format.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.