0 comments

Thriller Suspense

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

Arabella tapped her keyboard, her computer screen lighting up as she plopped in her chair. “Another long streaming night…” She muttered under her breath, opening Discord and Twitch. She clicked on her microphone, “Hey guys, welcome back to my stream. Today we’ll just be chilling and doing random things today.” She’d shrug, smiling as she joined a Discord Call. Her gaze would glance over to her comments every once in awhile, seeing stuff such as:

@blueskys: These streams are always so relaxing! 🥰

@panda954: since when was ur hair blu?

@arabellafan4life: ily arabella! I’ll never miss 1 of ur streams, i’m ur biggest fan 4everrrrrr❤️

She’d snicker a bit, turning back to her call as the green rings around her friends’ profile pictures lit up and then disappeared. “Hey Ara, can you send me the link to the Minecraft server again? My computer keeps deleting words…” Arabella sighed, “Y’know T- you should probably get a new computer. If you keep that another year, allllll your info will probably be leaked.” She crossed her arms, leaning back in her navy blue office chair. A loud beep came from her computer, making Arabella jump. “Who could be messaging me now-” She read an anonymous message saying “check ur stream chat.”

@sk8trboy: this stream is so boring- unsubbing.

@arabellafan4life: don't be talking like that to her you emo

@panda954: guys this stream is meant to be chill cut it out

sk8trboy has left the stream

[host] @ara_bella: stop bullying people out of stream, not cool chat

Arabella sighed, looking over to her phone, seeing it vibrate from a call. “One sec chat.” She clicked her microphone off, muting herself and turning her video off. “Hello?” She put her phone to her ear. 

“Hello.” A filtered voice spoke. “Is this by any chance, Arabella Silvam?”

Arabella quickly hung up, “Probably just a spam call..” She turned her microphone and camera back on. “I’m back chat!” She smiled, playing with stuff on her desk. 

@arabellafan4life: r u alright? those hckers better 👀out

Arabella would read the comment quickly, then noticing a donation pop up on her screen.

$5 DONATION: @rolls_roice: hey I rcntly got COVID-19 and lost my taste, so i can watch ur streams!

She looked confused at first, then realizing what the person meant. “Uh- okay?” She laughed awkwardly, turning to a knock she heard on her window. “One sec again chat...” Arabella got up, climbing onto her bed to look out the window. “Phew..” She’d sigh out of relief, walking back to her chair and plopping down. 

@rolls_roice: hey ngl it looked like someone was hiding by the side…😥

@panda954: not 2 side with ppl but yea, i totes agree

@arabellafan4life: omg make sure your doors are locked omg omg 😭😭😭

@rolls_roice: calm down 

@arabellafan4life: afk guys

Arabella let out a shaky breath, getting up and locking her bedroom door. “I can’t be disturbing anyone, it’s like midnight here...” She sat back down in her chair, tucking her knees to her chest. “I’ll be fine guys, trust.” She wrapped one finger around the other. “Besides- I have a pocket-knife right here.” She picked it up, waving it around slightly. “Hey Terrance, whatcha wanna do?” Arabella leaned back in her chair.  Terrance said in a slight singing tone, “I am so bored I could try to recode Tetris...” Terrance groaned, the sound of his chair squeaking as he spun in circles. Arabella raised an eyebrow, “I thought the saying was ‘I’m so bored, I could watch paint dry,’ or is that an American thing?” “I’m not sur-” Terrance would be cut off. “Hey, I gotta take this call really quick.” Arabella answered the call, muting herself and turning her camera off. 

“Is this the Arabella Silvam I was speaking to before? I’m at your front door. Answer me.” The filtered voice would speak again, making Arabella freeze. She hung up, throwing her phone onto her bed quickly, as she ran to lock everything possible, also shutting every blind she could find. “Okay- chat, I need you to leave the stream if you see someone that isn’t me-walk around my room. Got it?” She clicked her microphone on.  Terrance suddenly spoke, “Hey Ara, I gotta go eat breakfast-I have an early shift at Starbucks. See ya.” A beep blasted as he left.

A loud CLASH came from outside of her door, making Arabella visibly jump. “Chat- chat, don’t do anything stupid.” She turned her microphone off, and what she believed was her video. Arabella got up with her pocket-knife, switching the blade out as she huddled in the corner of her room, preparing to fight for her life. A hard hit shook her door, making Arabella quiver. Loud bangs hit her door over and over, finally cracking the wood of her door onto the floor.  “Arabella!” A tall, yet skinny boy crawled through the crack in her door, singing her name. “Guess who’s here!” The boy smiled, turning to her in the corner. “Who…are…you?” Arabella would shake but grip her knife tightly. The boy’s eye twitched. “You don’t remember me? Well, of course you don't. You’ve never actually talked to me, or, in my case, acknowledged me.” The boy narrowed his eyes, walking closer.  “It’s me, from fourth period? Quinn?” Arabella grimaced, ready to throw hands- or in this case- throw knives.

 “Come on…just come with me and we’ll talk about this. I won’t hurt you unless I have to.” “No!” Arabella swung her knife, jumping out of the way. “Don’t come any closer!” She walked into her bed. “Arabella, don’t make this difficult.” The boy narrowed his eyes. “Don’t talk to me like I know you! Ugh!” She swung her knife repeatedly, then feeling a sudden jolt. Arabella had stabbed him, but he took her knife out of him, using it. “Quinn, I- I’m so sorry…” She watched as Quinn readied the knife, but couldn’t move any closer. “Arabella…how could you..” He whispered as he fell to her floor. 

Arabella panicked, wanting to scream for help. She then glanced at her computer screen, seeing her camera was on. “Chat…I didn’t-” She glanced at the comments.

@panda594: WHO WAS THAT!? OMG ARE YOU OKAY!?

@rolls_roice: what the actual hell 👀

@sk8trboy: i left for thirty minutes and came back to find this? -

@panda594: GUYS SEND HELP THERE! SHE COULD BE HURT!!!! 

“I-” Arabella scrambled for her phone, ending the stream. 

“911, what is your emergency?” An operator spoke calmly.

“I didn’t mean to- I swear.”

August 11, 2023 00:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.