Just Write It. Just Do It. Just Say it.

Submitted into Contest #47 in response to: "Just say it," you silently reminded yourself. You knew you'd regret it if you didn't. ... view prompt

2 comments

General

Oleg V.Kharchenko

“They are abso-bloody-lutely wrong, producing nothing and ruining everything…” Andrew, a 45-year-old brunet man, with a sportive figure and smart eyes, was lying on the wooden deck of his summer cottage, switching on and off a country music channel and fusing his spirit in the voices of the spring nature with all its brash breeze bursts, lawny leaves lisping, and sparkling birdsong spirals.

“They break the laws of the Universe and turn it into their daily profession…Sounds sad a bit…Day in and night out they spread lie and defamation and try to make money on it…The Black PR New business…With the quote of Joseph Goebbels, “A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth,” they try to pave the way to their flourishing future…” Andrew, put off the book about conducting informational and psychological wars in the modern world and sank into a sort of meditative reverie, “Spartans with their laconic phrase, “Actions speak louder than words,” are closer to my heart.”   

The day was quite heavy; he started building a stone patio adjoining to their small two-storied summer cottage, constructed almost ten years ago. They did it together, with his wife, son and daughter, as a joint family project. And even called it solemnly together, as their ‘Fairy Tale House.’ These were good and happy times. Belonging to the group of the so-called ‘do-it-yourself’ people, Andrew liked new challenges, especially in the sphere of farming and construction, intelligence games and innovation, if it was close to something absurd, incredible and completely unknown.

“Nature – the best remedy of God,” Andrew closed his eyes and plunged into a deep relaxation. “What could be better than a multicolor lawn of forest flowers, waving with all their dandelions, chamomiles, and sagebrush, on the picturesque bank of a crystalline clean streamlet? Just only one thing – the flickering light of the Great Bear and Small Bear constellations seen from a high mountain peak at the crack of dawn in the middle of summer. Going camping is an amusing activity, except the rainy period of time…However, the farmer`s field with scarlet strawberries looks inspiring too. While walking around it, you find out a dainty berry, a small nature masterpiece of a country cuisine, under every bush springing up right before your feet…There is a bit of magic in this entire hide and seek play. Though, the happy laughing of a cheery young woman somewhere on the fresh hayloft frolicking with you somewhere in the middle of the countryside sounds good too… The world is really full of wonderful places…and people.”   

Andrew took a seat and looked out the window, “The flight into the depth of purity, the search of something incredibly harmonious and eternal, the merging with divine beauty and heavenly wisdom…called as Kaili in Hawaian...if I am not mistaken…Isn`t it a good activity for a spiritual and freedom searching mind? Top-notched professionalism, grinded with daily efforts and sparkles of enlightenment…couldn`t it be a good goal of a pro man?”

A black rook landed roughly on the roof of the small two-storied summer cottage and crawled noisily under the metallic tiles as a fat cat creeping cautiously and suddenly getting stuck in a narrow fence hole. The black rook brought wriggling worms to his wet and shaggy rookies forgetting about all safety moments and keeping in mind just only the open beaks of his hungry babies. This hilarious routine bird procedure distracted Andrew and brought him back from the high meditation horizons to his down-to-earth reality.

“They know nothing about the Law of the Order and Harmony. And they want nothing to learn…But for the laws of Universe, it does not matter either you know them or ignore…While breaking the harmony and sowing the chaos, you ruin your own personality and lives of those who surround you…The same relates to the Law of the Boomerang, the Law of Cause and Effect…Whatever you give this Universe, the same comes back to you…They forgot the common people's wisdom, “You reap what you sow… ”, and use the flowers of future, our children…So many dirty tricks and so little soul…So much education and so little heart…New Business…Money does not stink! ”

Andrew remembered the face of one of his high-class colleagues who got a sudden heart attack and died. He could not stand the mass-orchestrated attack of his opponents amplified by well-paid bad mouth assistants. The face of the second professional man from the entourage of Andrew turned grey after being forced to pay money to these Black PR activists on a monthly basis… “They convert their muck games into a well-oiled machine.”

“Just say it!” Andrew suddenly addressed to himself. “Just write it!” He roughly jumped up, rushed back and forth in his small den room, and dashed to his computer, “They use emotionally colored lie as their communication weapon, so why not to use the communication outlets to counteract them. Fight fire with fire! Fancy fiends dislike light; they like looking like Robin Hoods fighting for justice…I will give them a flashy floodlight with all their blah-blah and teeter-totter techniques. Illegal snooping and reputation ruining, hidden nagging and money extorting…Turning black into white and white into something gray and miserable…Selling insults cheap and manipulating emotionally…Somebody should stand up and fight! I mean to stop them. Yesterday they got my co-workers…Today is my turn…Tomorrow they will choose new victims…Just write it!”

Once again a black rook landed noisily on the roof of his summer cottage and crept clumsily under the metallic tiles as a chubby soldier in a narrow trench…

Andrew smiled a bit and typed the first sentence of his future series of short stories, “Psycho Terror Techniques as a New Type of Business.” Then he fell to thinking and slowly pronounced, “Though, I am not a writer, why not to try it. New horizons and challenges, especially if they relate to construction and innovation always attracted me. Why not? Halleluiah!”

June 24, 2020 15:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

PAMELA ABWAO
18:35 Jul 02, 2020

I wish you used simple flowing sentences

Reply

Show 0 replies
PAMELA ABWAO
18:34 Jul 02, 2020

Sounds poetic ,The You theme is missing.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.