1 comment

Science Fiction

Years 3000

"As usual, Professor Good Morning ... "

In the distance from the small glass window in his office room, Mahachar looked at the earth, which had previously shone blue but faded into a desert-like color.‍Abeywick‍Rama's eyes on his assistant's voice For a moment He had to withdraw from the usual view.

"Ah ... Good morning Jack, How are our greenhouses doing ... "

Squeezing a cup of coffee in his hand He also sat in his chair for Jack to review the information he does every day, Shaking hands as if sitting in the front seat.

" Very successful, Professor. Yours Per‍q .‍Progress has even been praised by the World Security Council, I think Years 20 If we were able to triple the capacity of our food products annually within a year, we would have achieved a great deal. Victory‍ A secret, Professor. "

"Yes, Jack, This is a big win‍It is a pity because the population density of our colonies will increase in the future. This is a big step in our effort to create a new world. "

" Definitely Professor, This will be a new beginning for Mars. "

At that moment Mahachar‍The guy's face was drawn 'That's wrong, Jack' As the saying goes Jack needs time to realize that such feelings are a bunch‍ Was not.

Abeywick set aside the cup of coffee in his hand‍rama, Jack looked up for a moment. Sh‍Abeywick, a Sri Lankan‍ Some of Jack's ideas, of Canadian origin, were born at least half his age. The mismatch was not unfamiliar to both of them. But as a workaholic, Jack is great. It is located in the Greenhouse Pvt‍Head of Biology and Agriculture‍Mahachar on Yava‍Is Abeywick‍To be Rama's assistant It was a special qualification he had.

They hold different views, Struggling through the bumps Twenty years later, There are bitter memories buried in the past as well as beautiful memories A New World‍In order to recreate. People of all nations and nationalities are common in one place‍Is the hub of all the people who are working and living today‍The beginning of a new world of rest It was a special place outside of Earth. That is, Years 3000 Is a Martian colony based on Mars.

Twenty years ago, it was completely destroyed Earth's re-emergence, Or the reconstruction took place on this Martian colony. Abeywick‍Rama is its greenhouse p‍Chief. His p‍Ratna repeats this Not to be seen as Mars. It was just to see this as another new planet.

"You're wrong Jack, This is not a new beginning for Mars, This is a new beginning for the planet and its people. "

"This is years ago 20 The beginning of a dream I had before. Jack you are still young. You have not seen the world outside the colony. How beautiful it was, You have no idea how bitter it became then. You have no idea how many losses there were in it‍This is the dream I had to recreate Jack. This at all Mars is not a new beginning, This is a new beginning on Earth "

"The problem is you don't know the past, Jack. "

.................................................. ...............

Years 2998 One day in December ...

"Daddy is hungry for me, There is water too .... far more Daddy .. "

Age hanging on his arm 10 The little girl who can only think And began to tease him.

The afternoon sun had risen unbearably. Although the whole world was drenched in sweat It A man and a little girl were speeding along the tarmac, where there was not a single vehicle in sight. His face, like that of a little girl, had faded from exhaustion, But no one knew that the pain of losing his loved ones caused more than that effort to make that face go away.

There was not a single leafy tree on either side of the road to hide from the sun. The trees have withered and the whole earth has withered. Seawater mixed with sea breeze‍The high salinity of the wind increased the fatigue of the journey and also increased the thirst.

"Wait a minute, daughter, We're two days away. My daughter knows we can not walk at night, so hurry up. Eat this biscuit and drink some water. "

Give her a few small biscuits and about half a cup of water, Again they set out. His water is only left for another day. He is also a friend‍It was requested on the way from an army camp. There are a few similar things to eat‍Only a few. He can tolerate hunger. He knew it would take him two more days to see the end of the journey he had left two weeks earlier today. So his brain was always sending him messages that he should take care of all this for his daughter.

On either side of the road were rotten and burnt people And only the bodies of weird aliens. The smell of the pillar was somewhat avoided, Because of the mask you always wear. It has been almost two years since the war began. But the end was not in sight. There is no time to start fighting. There is no battlefield. The aliens' instant p‍Myth for food‍Armed forces must always be in the body of Sadhana.

Dark night‍The car always carries death all around. Predatory alien organisms are sound sensitive. Their p‍Attacks night‍The car is common. To get rid of it all night‍The car should go to sleep without making a sound; Should be hidden; Those few hours are too long; Fingers crossed for life until it is over. In the afternoon‍Was not violent. P. from aliens‍Laser launcher fired by a fighter jet‍Although it is not possible to say when an attack took place, Day and night‍Slightly safer than the car it was.

All of this He knew he would have to wait another two days to see an end to the sacrifices. but, There was uncertainty in his mind as to whether he was lucky enough to see that end. It It would linger in his mind for another two days and until the end of it.

.................................................. ...............

Days passed one by one On the morning of the decisive final day, the sun's rays hit the earth.

"Daddy, today is our last day ... and then we'll be on Mars, Daddy ... "

"Yes my gem, Let's be patient ... "

"Mom would have come with us if Dad had, Dad? "

The man felt as if her words were ringing in his ears. Today is a month ago‍Of armies and aliens The worst of the war was to wipe out the entire city of Colombo, claiming the lives of thousands. Someone's loved ones had become someone else's enemy. They were separating each other's lovers from each other. The war is fierce. Myth that quickly turns gray‍The bodies of the soldiers were scattered all over the place. The whole city of Colombo that day Was flat on the ground, Of this man Dear wife She is also the mother of a young daughter, Snatching from them right in front of their eyes.

"Yes daughter, Let's hurry a little further. It would be great if we could leave before evening. "

"What will happen to our world when people leave here, Daddy ... "

"I can not believe it. "

His face was a turmoil beyond words. The existence of the world is uncertain. No one could have imagined what would happen.

The world had completely collapsed. The governments of the countries had collapsed. The world was ruled by one great council, the Allies who helped them‍Army only Making him the protector of all.

By this time the destruction of the earth had begun. Diseases, In the face of rising environmental temperatures, Of aliens‍An attack was accelerating the end of the earth. Its beginning took place First to Mars Colony To the departed plane‍With an attack. He lost more than a thousand lives‍The attack marked the beginning of the worst war in human history that hastened the end of the planet.

His present destination is about two miles [2 km] down the rough road‍Army camp and air Central‍Made into a place‍The port of Trincomalee was visible. Its rising myth‍Army Flag The wind was blowing in one direction, as if it were shaking hands with a visitor.

"Please, Daddy ... "

The child's voice was terrified.

He looked at the child Nothing could be further from the truth. Take the full open road and speed towards them‍Two fighter jets were approaching. At that moment Mith‍Army Camp From there to that p‍An attack was imminent, immediately starting a war.

Bulletproof and Laser Pvt‍The attacks were constantly aimed at each other, destroying everything around them.

The man too, The little boy also ran towards the camp, hiding in the bushes until he died, Bidding for life too. He grabbed his daughter's hand and hurried to the camp gate.

'Dong .... '

With a loud thud, one fell, destroying all the trees in front of them‍Laser beams sent by a fighter jet‍An attack. he P.‍Looking at the plane that fired the shot, the plane's second p‍They were targeted for the attack. At that moment Mith‍A missile fired by the Army was pulled towards it, That missile The attack Released from an alien spacecraft as soon as it hits an enemy alien spacecraft Laser The attack was also aimed at them, As soon as the alien spacecraft crashes Released from it Laser like a fireball‍ The attack Due to the collision, they barely missed the target and set foot where they were 10 Around fell a cloud of fire, covering them.

Her hand, which he was holding tightly, was immediately released. He jumped about ten feet and fell, causing severe pain in the back of his head. With that, his eyes began to blur from the blood that had flowed from his head.

"father ......"

His daughter's voice echoed in his ears As the heavy eyes closed.

.................................................. ...............

The man stood up, his eyes wide open, his eyes wide and unbelievable. Was to see.

"How are you now?, So glad to see you like this. "

"This is where I am, What happened ...? Where is my daughter?? "

The man was beside him as if in a commotion Dr.‍He began to ask the man who might be the master.

"Sorry you don't have to worry about anything. You are my friend‍ At our hospital in the Army camp ..,The day you woke up 14 Years later "

"Ko ko my daughter ...? "

"Sorry, We could not save her. "

"Oh my God I could not have my child .. Please protect him God ... "

He began to moan and cry, clapping his hands to his chest.

"We could not prevent it. We are sorry, All I can say is try to make up your mind. "

It was as if his words had not been heard by man. Tears welled up in his eyes. Lamentations echoed throughout the room. They are told to make up their minds because their war-torn hearts were as rough as crumbling earth. He thought.

"Sorry to bother you ... See you buddy‍ There is an officer in the Army .. "

The doctor came to the crying man‍ The man put his hand on his shoulder and began to speak.

At that moment, the door of the room was opened and an officer who might have been a high ranking officer in the army came in.

"Sorry to bother you. I am a Major Stock American friend‍ Army Commander South Asia ... brought you a message from the Council, Your health‍ As the situation is good now, I am asked to leave for Mars from the spacecraft that will depart earlier this month You have received an order from the Council. "

"What !! So soon .. "

The officer, who had given the man a command, left the room with a letter in his hand and looked at the man sitting on the bed as if to say something again.

"Sorry Professor Abeywick‍rama. This is an order and we can not go beyond this. "

.................................................. ...............

"Jack, when you know the past, I'm sure you're right. As long as there's cover above, we'll be safe. There will be ... When it is lost, the alien enemies outside of this will destroy us. "

"I understand, Professor ... "

"You still don't understand how bad it is, Jack. Remember, the earth you see in this window is ruined. Sick, Enemy attacks, Temperature overcame all human and became their killer even before you were born, The largest rainforest in my country Before I came to Mars It was an unimaginable desert. "

"Mahachar‍ Mr., As you say, do we have security ... Can we never go back to Earth ... ? "

"No, Jack, it's too far away from us ... one day our security will be lost, Then our destruction can begin again, We have to be prepared for that, Jack. "

"I'm not clear, Professor ... "

"Remember it will not be clear to you ,After making a thousand sacrifices that this is not Mars now, I will try again‍ make a new earth with a great rising nation. "

"We can, Mahachar‍Sir ... "

He could not finish what Jack was going to say. With wide eyes he stared out the window.

"God ... so many planes! What's going on, Professor? "

"Something I was hoping for ... "

"That said ... ??? "

"War begins again ..... "

December 15, 2020 05:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Trisha Lanceta
23:38 Dec 23, 2020

Hey I liked the story idea, but there were a lot of errors throughout? I’m wondering if the copy and paste didn’t work right for you. Here’s an example, “ By this time the destruction of the earth had begun. Diseases, In the face of rising environmental temperatures, Of aliens‍An attack was accelerating the end of the earth.” Feels like there’s missing punctuation and words. A quick read through would help a lot

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.