Romeo and Juliette

Submitted into Contest #50 in response to: Write a story about a proposal. ... view prompt

0 comments

General

(Party ) (DJ sounds)

Woahhhhhhhhhhh Ohhoooooooooo.

The party which I attend every Saturday. There is this DJ which is so loud and people around me so cheerful dancing so happily.

And here it's me, who is waiting for that one person to enter the party. (searching)

But why didn't he come till now?

I'm Juliette waiting for his Romeo. I always attend these Saturday parties just to see him. It's like my every Saturday thing.

It's been 21 Saturdays. I didn't have the courage to go up and talk to him.

The first time when I saw him was in the party, I was dancing and he suddenly collided with me while he was dancing too.

(flashback)

The time when I collided with him everything stopped for a moment, he was continuously apologizing me but what was I doing?

He was wearing black coat with white plain shirt, messy hair, blue eyes, pink and shiny lips, nose straight and skin white as milk and his face ears were pierced near the corners.

He was so breathtaking. And I was totally zoned out. I thought there is no one around me . My heart was going crazy. And my brain was just asking questions who is this? The whole party just went silence all at once. It was just me and him..

That's when I decided that if this Juliette is ever going to love then her one and only Romeo will be him that's it.

And then i came to know from my friend about him..

(present )

Uh-OH.. He came. He is always with his group of friends, and one of his friend throws a party every Saturday.

And how I come here? It's ofcourse because of my friends, though they don't know about my long lasting love.

He was wearing blue shirt with loose tie, and like every day he was looking breathtaking.

He is again staring over me! Am I the only one who is feeling this tension?

Ugh oh man I shouldn't be like that because a boy like him wont even see me.

I heard today someone is going to get a proposal I think who will it be? I just hope it's not him. As long as I'm here.

(After 30 Minutes )

HUH?

He was walking over the stage with a mike in his hand. But why him?

Why the heck is he going over the stage? Is he going to propose someone? He is still staring over me! But this time it feels different.

He went up to the stage and was testing the Mike, but still he was staring over me! It's like he is angry on me?

Ugh, what the heck?

My brain was totally filled with questions.

He was about to tell something and I was eager to listen. The atmosphere was too dim.. As he was staring over me I felt as if we were the only one here. I was standing straight to him.

(Suddenly everyone became silent)

Hello guyz here we have someone among us who wants to profess his feelings to someone special! So please cooperate and cheer him..

(Shouting)

Woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He made that announcement gazing over me so deeply. I was still in confusion why he was behaving like that?

He... Hello friends.

Oh he is my friend. But whom is he going to propose today.

(Woahhhhhhhhhhh go on go on...) (everyone shouting)

Thank you so much guyz for all your cheering. But now I want to confess to that person for whom I have been waiting a lot. I want to start few words on her beauty !

She is just so beautiful .Her long brown hair which flows so softly, her mole on her chin which makes everyone attractive, her eyes brownish like a marble which shines brightly, her lips which are so cute. Everything about her is so sweet, today I want that person to accept me and she is the

Juliette for me.

Juliette ?I love you.

HUH? WHAT? IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME?

The time when he said my name my whole world turned upside down. Everyone where shouting, asking answer and the spot light was straight on me. But my eyes were searching that one person.

And he was standing straight to me down in front of the stage. It was like no one else matter but the spot light was covering me and him equally.

He was staring over me with such a confusing gaze where he was waiting for my answer too that what answer I will give to my friend who just proposed me out of no where !

Everytime he stares over me I ignore his gaze, but this time will I be doing that?

Here girl take the mike and tell him your Answer. All the best .

A girl came up to me and gave me the mike by wishing me all the best . Everyone were waiting for my answer.

I was going to say something that's when I saw him leaving.

I .......closed my eyes and shouted with all my courage.

WAIT......,

Everyone's eyes were stuck on me with clear silence. I was so afraid, my heart was beating crazy.

That's when I saw he came back.

"I'm going to say something which will be surprising but today I have to tell everything to the person in front of me no matter what! "

(My friend smiled from the stage! )

I have never loved anyone, neither I had any crushes. I made up my mind the day when I was a teenager where my friends were talking about their teenage love but I was the one who made a promise to myself was....

My name is Juliette everyone are aware with that undying love story so as me.

Everyone use to ask me who will be my Romeo?

I would always say them that he will come one day.

"And during my teenage I promised myself that I will only love one person who will make my heart beat go crazy, who will make me feel special by only a single gaze, who will make me want him more and more day by day, who will make my world stop for the moment when our eyes will meet, who will not care about the social media world but the reality, not about the phone,whatsapp,instagram or else beauty cams but the real me, the real nature those mountains, the wind over the balcony every evening.

My world where him and I are enough.

Where he is always embracing me in his arms rather than taking photos and uploading in snapchat, Who will appreciate me the real me not the reel me. And the Romeo for the Juliette is staring over me every day as always and even today. So here today in front of everyone I confess my feelings to you that I LOVE YOU, not because of your face but because of the way you are! The way you respect girls, the way you handle yourself and others. The way you are unique in your own way.

I Request you to come forward and embrace me into your arms before I get lost.

I opened my arms calling him over to hug me...

"My friend left the mike and was quickly getting down over the stairs.

Everyone were shouting. Cheering my friend. "

Thats when he came running before my friend and hugged me so tightly where everyone became silent within a gist of second.

It was my Romeo jishaan!

I Love you too.!

He told those words so softly over my ears and that's when I first time heard his soft husky voice .

"Its been 21 weeks and this was the most awaited moment in my life and thank you so much so much for confessing me your love.

I Promise I'll not love the reel you but the real you.

I will make you my world where only you and me exist and others are only for exit..

And for this Juliette, I'm the only Romeo and I can only be the one and I will only be the Romeo.

He hugged me so tightly and said those words with such a plain voice where he is actually waiting for me. I can feel his love just with his voice and the way he grabbed me so tightly.

Everyone were shocked and surprised for a moment and thus his friends were too.. He hugged me so tightly where I can feel his love within his embracement and whispers of love you over my ears non stop.

I was just so happy!!

As for my friend he left. Actually he understood everything after all he loved someone too..

Thank you.

@farheenfirdouse123@gmail.com

July 16, 2020 17:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.