0 comments

Lesbian Coming of Age High School

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

The crowd starts to roar at the football team. ‘Winning like that’s a surprise

“Look the cheerleaders are doing their new stunt.”

“I hope someone breaks their leg” Hearing all the comments Raven looks up from her skateboard. One of the cheerleaders catches her eye. Raven watches the one cheerleader until she is out of sight.

“Hey, dipshits. Who’s the cheerleader with the pink hair?”

“Vickie Hunter. She’s the worst out of them all” Raven had stopped listening after hearing her name. Raven got home late, luckily no one was home. She pulled out her laptop.

“Vickie Hunter…” Raven looked up her name on Instagram. “Cheer…baking…SHIT” Raven looked at the now pink heart on the post. ‘I just liked a cheerleaders post.’ ~ding~ ‘Wait who just liked my post’ Raven sees that Vickie liked her post. Smiling she puts her laptop away and goes to bed.

“Hey need a ride home today”

“No, I’m good. I have to get stuff anyways” Raven walks into the cooking classroom seeing Vickie.

“Are you spying on me?” Vickie says while looking over her shoulder. “I don’t think anyone would like to see us in the same room, emo.”

“I’m just into baking, I didn’t think you’d have time to bake.”

“I have a life outside of cheer. You do anything but be Hot Topic?”

“That was cold, Pinky.”

“Get over here and help me” The two girls continue to bake together.

“What are all these cupcakes for anyways? Why do they all have to be pink and white?”

“They are for the party, I’d invite you since you helped me but you’d stand out like a sore thumb.”

“Party. How many people will be there?”

“Pretty much all the sports kids at this school”

“You could help me blend in somehow, huh?” Raven asks as she snakes a hand across Vickie’s hips. Vickie looks at Raven will shock on her face, but is soon met with soft lips on hers. Fluttering her eyes closed she kisses back Vickie opens her eyes to them in Raven's room on the bed making out. Vickie gets up.

“I got to go. Meet me at my house at 7 Friday” Vickie says as she runs out of the room. Raven watches as her new entertainment runs down the drive to her car. ‘Oh, you are going to get eaten alive’ When Friday rolls around Raven skateboards to Vickie’s house. Knocking on the door rings through the silent house, and soon quiet pattering is heard.

“Hey, come on in. You’re going to hate me but we are going to hide that black hair.”

“This is my natural hair, I’m the only “emo” who doesn’t dye my hair.”

“Sorry, it just. well-”

“It’s the stereotype. I don’t like being with them. I wear the black to hide how clumsy I am, they talk to me and gravitate towards me” The two talked for 30 minutes until Vickie checked her phone looking at the time.

“SHIT! We have 30 minutes to get you ready”

“Okay. Calm down. I’ll look in your closet and pick something out.” Raven walked into the closet picking out an outfit. When Raven walked out Vickie was pacing and not paying attention. Raven walked up to her and tapped her. 

“What?!” She asked. Raven just asked.

“How far away is this party”

“Just a few blocks away”

“We don’t need to drive then” Raven pulled her by her wrist outside. “You might want to hold on” The two were riding on the skateboard. When Vickie saw that they had arrived she got nervous.

“YOOOOO Vickie you made it. Who’d you bring?”

“I’m RJ, I just moved here” Raven had stuck out her hand for him to shake. Vickie looked at her surprised. Raven pulled Vickie into an empty room turning to her the second the door shut.

“What are you doing?” Vickie whisper-yelled. Raven just stared at her with Vickie doing the same. Raven started to stare into Vickie’s eyes. Vickie placed her hand on Raven's right cheek watching her lean into the touch. Vickie stares at Raven’s eyes. Vickie pulls her to her feet.

“Let’s go party.”

“YOOOO VICK-?”

“Stop, you don’t impress anyone” Raven snapped. “You are always yelling. How are you the smartest on the football team? ‘Cause, you can’t even see that everyone gets annoyed by your yelling.” The player stared at her in disbelief. Vickie could tell she wasn’t going to back down.

“That’s a lot coming from a newbie. You need to learn your place.” The player smacked Raven hard. Raven looked at him unfazed.

“That’s nothing,” Raven said with venom lacing her voice. The player didn’t like how she didn’t “learn her place”. He went to strike her again but his hand was caught by Raven. She punched him in the nose. The two broke out into a fight, Raven stood above an unconscious player. Her nose was dripping blood, her eye was swelling, and a gash above her eyebrow from hitting a table. Vickie grabbed Raven's arm and pulled her out of the party. Vickie dragged her all the way to her house.

“That was stupid of you, he could have hurt you more!” Vickie yelled at Raven. Raven looked at her numbly. Vickie pulled Raven’s shirt off only to drop the shirt and gasp. “W-what is a-all of this?” Vickie asked with fear.

“This is my past. I had to fight to live. RJ is my actual name, Raven is just my ring name.” Raven looked at her reflection. Vickie started to clean her up, she cleaned her face from blood.

“This is going to need stitches.”

“Do you have a needle and thread?”

“You are not going to stitch yourself!” Vickie scolded. Vickie grabbed Raven and took her to the free clinic down the street. After the visit, Raven had fallen asleep in Vickie’s room. The next morning Raven woke up and walked down the stairs.

“Oh, Hello darling. Are you a friend of Vic?” a nice voice asked. Raven looked up startled.

“Oh DEAR, what happened to you?” The lady came running over brushing her thumb over her bruise. Vickie came running from the other room.

“Mom, leave RJ alone. We had a hard night,” Vickie said looking at Raven. Raven went upstairs to gather her clothes. She got everything and pulled on one of Vickie’s hoodies to hide her face more. Raven opened the window and stepped onto the roof. She jumped into a bush and ran until she pulled out her skateboard and rode “home”. Raven sat in her bedroom and cried. She felt comfort with Vickie. Raven didn’t stay around much better. She seemed to just disappear Vickie dropped out of school to find Raven, but she was unsuccessful. Raven had changed herself to fit in with the cheer squad. Raven and Vickie passed each other on the streets every day not knowing, searching for the comfort of each other.

September 02, 2022 22:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.