0 comments

American High School Teens & Young Adult

Beth is a mother to two girls Liz seventeen and Becky fourteen. All of Liz’s friends go out to parties Liz never got to go. All because of her mom said no never gave a reason why. Liz only wanted to go to one party just to see what it was like and to hang out with her friends. Liz has tried to sneak out a number of times to go party with her friends.

Her mom always caught her but never punished her just told her.( Go back to bed.)

What Liz does not know is that Becky always tells her mom when Liz. Try’s to sneak out Liz always tell her sister when she is going to go party so Becky. Slips her mom a note under her door letting her mom know.

So when Liz sneaks down the step her mom is sitting in a chair. Flips on a lamp and tells her to go back to bed. Does not take her phone or any other electronic Liz has Liz is really confused. As to why her mother just does not punish her or just tell her why she can not go. To any of the parties with her friends so Liz decides to get the answer from her mom.

The very next morning Liz sits down in front of her mom saying.

Liz: ( I would like some answer’s mom.)

Beth: ( You thinking I owe you answer’s) ( Laugh’s) ( Okay about what?)

Liz: ( You do not let me go to parties. Yet when you catch me sneaking out you do not punish me. Why? I am confused.)

Beth: ( Well I do not owe you a answer for that. I am your mother so you do what I say.)

Liz gets mad because her mother did not give her a good enough answer. Storms off to her bed room slams the door, turns her radio on as loud as it will go. Beth still siting down gets up starts to walk to her daughter’s room but stop. Shakes her head goes to the living room turns on the television. Ignoring what her daughter is doing because she know that Liz will eventually calm down.

Supper time rolls around Beth is in the kitchen cooking Liz walks in.

Beth: ( Have you calmed down?)

Liz: ( Yes. What is for supper?)

Beth: ( Spaghetti.)

Liz: ( Sigh) ( Okay.)

All three women quietly sit eating supper Liz knows that she is going to. Try and sneak out again she will not let anyone know her plan. Liz is thinking that Becky is telling their mom Liz looks across the table at both her mom and Becky. Trying to figure out the perfect time to sneak out. As the finish up supper Beth looks at Liz saying.

Beth: ( Liz it is your turn to do dishes tonight.)

Liz: ( Okay mom.)

Beth and Becky help put the dishes next to the sink then go to the living room. To watch television Liz is in the kitchen doing dishes thinking. Of the perfect way to sneak out after the dishes are done they all watch television. Till about nine o’clock then they all go off to bed except Beth. She stay down stair’s watching television Liz knows that around eleven o’clock her mother goes to bed.

At around eleven forty five Liz should be able to sneak out. So she could run off with her friends and party. Little does Liz know that her mother has her own plan that she is putting in to play. Her mother is going to let Liz sneak out then she will go and get her. Bringing her back home she will let her daughter think she got one over on her mom. Just for a couple of hours.

Beth turns off the television heads off to bed Liz hears her mom going to bed. Looks over at her sister her sister is facing the wall sleeping. Liz keeps a eye on the clock as soon as it hits eleven forty five Liz puts her plan into action. She quietly puts her clothes on next comes her shoes she sneaks as quiet as she can. Down the stairs every other stair creaks.

Liz keeps a eye on her mother’s door as she slowly goes down the stairs. She finally makes it to the front door Liz quietly unlocks the door. Opening it then slowly closes it behind her shocked she made it out calls up her friend.

Phone ringing.

Friend: (Hello.)

Liz: ( I made it I snuck out.)

Friend: ( Sweet. You coming to the party?)

Liz: ( Yeah. Why do you think I snuck out.)

Friend: ( Okay I will meet you at the corner. Where your bus drops you off.)

Liz: ( Okay.)

What Liz does not know is that her mother had her window open and heard . The entire conversation still being, dressed she waits for her to meet her friend. When Liz runs off down the street to meet her friend Beth puts her plan to action. Beth has her friend come over to sit while she goes off to track down Liz. Beth drives around for about a hour and a half she really did not have to go to far. Because she new exactly where the party was so Beth starts to head over to the party.

On her way there Beth decides she wants a pop so she goes to the store. Grabs a pop then proceeds to the party at the party Beth sits in the car. Trying to see if she can see Liz with out getting out walking around looking for her. After about forty five minutes of sitting there she sees Liz walking up to the bar. Watches her getting a alcoholic drink which makes Beth extremely mad.

Beth gets out of the car walks straight up to Liz grabs her arm. Walks her straight back to the car makes her get in drives her home. On the way Liz argues with her mom.

Liz: ( Why did you do that? )

Beth: ( Do what? Stop you from making a stupid decision.)

Liz: ( It was just one beer mom.)

Beth: ( I also told you that your not going to any parties.)

Liz: ( Why mom? Why can I not go hand out with my friends?)

Beth: ( You can hang out with your friends all you want. But going to parties is a no.)

Liz: ( You are ruining my teenage years. All my friends go to parties their parents do not care.)

Beth: ( Good for them. You will not be going to another one plus you are grounded. Your phone all of your electronics kiss them good bye.)

Liz: ( That’s not fair.)

Beth: ( Oh but it is.)

Liz: ( Really! How?)

Beth stops the car in the drive way locking the door’s turns to look at Liz saying.

Beth: ( Your sister up there is asleep she has seen everything. Heard everything you have been doing. Just because you are upset with me does not give you the right to act out this way. You are almost a adult you need to start acting that way. Maybe just maybe I will lighten up on your grounding. If you start acting that way and show your sister how to act at your again, till then your grounded till you are eighteen. You got it.)

Liz: ( Yes mom. I just want to know one thing.)

Beth: ( Okay. What?)

Liz: ( Why if I am almost a adult can I not go to a party?)

Beth: ( Because I am your mom. Also because I said so.)

Liz:( Okay mom.)

They both get out of the car Liz goes up to bed thinking over everything her mother said. Beth goes into the living room thanks her friend for staying there while she went and got her daughter. They both sit in the living room talking till the sun came up. The girls go off to school Beth and her friend fall asleep on the couch talking about the crazy night Beth had.

May 20, 2021 18:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.