0 comments

General

Life has always being cruel to Judy, no matter how she tried to make a better living out of small thing, it always fall apart. She didn't pull up the puzzle to realize what was wrong with her that money always disappear in different corners, is like the monster from underground, always rise up and swallows her savings.

In a cold rainy month, the city of Nairobi and the city under the sun. No matter the heavy rains and floods all over, that didn't stop people from continuing with their own businesses.

Life wasn't easy for Judy, inspite of the high economy that would always push her against the wall, sometimes eating once a meal per day or even drink water and retire to bed. Judy always went at the point of giving up in life, no money to an extend that the landlord would come each morning, banging the door like he would break it down.

Saturday was a normal day that Judy relaxed at home, when suddenly there was a knock at the door -*

"Come in, the door is opened, "Judy said

Liz who is Judy's friend came in, Judy was happy to see her as stories filled the air when Liz realized that Judy's mind was far away, "Judy! Liz called unto her as she snubbed out of her day dreaming.

"Judy, are you okay?

Judy didn't want to burden Liz with her problems, putting that fake smile like all was well but her heart was stuffed with too many things, that in a moment, she felt that it will burst like a balloon.

Liz pulled Judy from the chair, "okay girl, get ready for we are going for shopping in town. Judy looked so tired, "oh no! being dragged into the bedroom to get dressed.

"But, Liz I don't have money to spend on clothes", Judy said.

Liz smiled at Judy, "don't worry its my treat and I will buy for you clothes. Judy picked any garment that she could get to wear, Liz was always opposing on each dress that Judy put on, "Liz! am not going for fashion show, let's go or we will be late.

Town was filled up, people were so busy like ants doing shopping to get ready for Christmas. Dropping on the second hand clothes, wow! clothes were so beautiful but Judy feared to bend down and choose clothes, "Judy, pick the one you love.

"wow! I love this denim jeans, "Judy said as she picked it up. She had already fallen in love with the jeans as she slipped her hand inside the pocket. She could feel something, but she didn't know what it was. Holding on her hand, bringing it close to her eyes.

unbelievable -*

Judy thought that her eyes were making tricks of her, rubbing them so hard, "oh my God.

Liz stopped what she was doing, "are you okay, Judy? but the smile on Judy's face told it all and Liz was able to read the book, "that smile looks like some good news.

Judy moved close to Liz and whispered into Liz ears, "have got a thousand dollars. "

"What! Liz closed her mouth with her hands not to scream out, Judy was so much excited that she forgot, letting loose her closed mouth, "am rich-*

All eyes turned to them, after a moment they were all surrounded, people taking pictures of them. They had already turned into young millionaires and celebrities in town.

Being escorted through the crowds, people cheering and stretching their necks like giraffe, wanting to see them and taking photos The news was everywhere, no one missed the news.

Judy was able to build her house and move into her own house.

December 03, 2019 14:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.