0 comments

General

I was laying on my bed taking a nap. All of a sudden, I heard it again! The toilet was running and running and running! It just kept using all the water and running up the water bill! Every time I heard it, I had to go in there and jiggle the handle and make it stop. However, I was really tired, and I needed a nap, and just as I laid down, the toilet went after it again, "trickle, trickle, trickle!" I was disgusted and tired! I didn't want to get up! That toilet was driving me crazy! I had to do something about it permanently!

I got out of bed with purpose, got my purse and my keys and headed for the hardware store. There must be a solution to the leaky toilet! The road seemed strange, but I knew exactly where that hardware store was. I parked my car, got out and went inside. I searched through the aisles. There were so many items, everything seemed to blur together until I found a sledge hammer. I put my hand on the sledge hammer! That should do the trick! as I bought the sledge hammer, I seemed to hear another toilet in the background somewhere again, "trickle, trickle, trickle!" I took the sledge hammer and headed for home. It seemed a straight line this time.

When I got out of the car, the house seemed to be inviting me because my front door was open. I came into my living room, threw my purse and my keys on the small table, and pulled the sledge hammer out of my shopping bag. I could hear that incessant toilet! It was making me crazy! I hated it! It must stop! I took the sledge hammer into the bathroom. Everything except that toilet seemed to fade into the background. I raised the sledge hammer above my head, and down It came with a crash, right onto the toilet! Water and porcelain went everywhere! It seemed a complete catastrophe, but the problem was fixed. The toilet was smashed, and the bathroom was flooding, but the leak had stopped! I didn't have to jiggle the handle anymore! I could relax.

After a few minutes I woke up, and that toilet was still running. I had to get up and go jiggle the handle. I really had to think of a more permanent solution.

March 03, 2020 16:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.