4 comments

General

Sep. 4, 2008,9:45 p.m.


Dear Diary, 

Yay! It’s almost the first day of middle school. And I even have my clothes planned out. But there is one thing wrong, my friend Amelia is moving to Hartford, Connecticut. (>.<) I will really miss her. Well, she wrote me this note before Summer Break,


              Dear Fawn,

I really wish I wasn't moving. I hate Leaving u but I have to go. Call me at any time :3

   From, Amelia.

P.S. I live in Vernon, Connecticut.


Well, that was it see you tomorrow.


Sep. 5 2008, 8:30 a.m.


Dear Diary,

It’s finally 8:30, time to get ready for school. Yay! Well, let’s get breakfast. Eggs and Bacon. Mmmm my favorite. Well after that I have to get all my stuff in my backpack. While I was packing my stuff, my brother Titan bugged me about liking Toni Cohen, my new best friend after Amelia. Classic Titan! I just hate it when he does that. >o<. Well, it is finally time to go to the bus stop. I met Toni there, he smiled at me and I smiled back. See you after school, Diary. Bye!   


Sep. 5, 2008, 4:30 p.m. 


Dear Diary,

Today in history my teacher had us read this fake story called “The Door To Freedom.” It was about how some slaves found a door to freedom. It was okay but I would say I could write better than that. During science, Toni passed a note to me that said.

Meet me at my house at 5:30.

    -Toni

Well, it’s almost time to meet Toni. Write back later :3


Sep. 5, 2008, 8:54,


Dear Diary,

This is what happened when I met Toni.

He said that we were going to the beach. And I was so happy because the beach is my favorite place. We sat and watched the water flow down and up the sand. And we stayed there till sunset. It was so beautiful! Well, see you tomorrow!


Sep. 6, 2008, 7:30 a.m.


Dear Diary,

I decided to get up early to call Amelia. This was what our call was like.

“Hi?”

“Hi!’

“How are you doing?” 

“Good”

“ Well I’ll call you later”

“Bye”

“Bye” 

Ok, well it wasn’t that long as I thought it would be. Just then mom called me down for breakfast. Pancakes and sausage. Mmmmm but still not as good as Eggs and Bacon. Then my mom told me a big secret! I was going to the mall! Well, it wasn’t as big as getting Ice cream at nick’s ice cream shop. But it wasn’t as bad as having to go to one of Titan’s baseball games. They were really boring. (>.<). Well, see you After we go to the mall.


Sep 6, 2008, 2:46 p.m.,


Dear Diary,

Do want to want to know why she brought me to the mall. She brought me to tell me I was going to one of Titan’s baseball games. (>o<) why does my mom do that? Ughhhhhh!!!!! Well now I have to go to one of my brother’s games and I have to be with my mom at the mall for nothing. :( This is not a good day. 

P.S. Expect for the pancakes and sausage those were good.


Sep. 7, 2008, 10:10 a.m. ,


Dear Diary,

Today is Church and we have to be there in 5 minutes >o<. I still have to eat breakfast and get dressed. We are having Pancakes and sausage again. Even though I like them I hate leftovers. Mom said I could bring you to church and then Titan bugged me about being a nerd for having a diary. And then while I was feeding our cat coco he said I smelled like cat food. :( I don’t like my brother. Well, I’ll write to you after church. Byeeee!


Sep. 7 2008, 12:06 p.m.,


Dear Diary,

Guess what! Today I get to hang out with Toni and I get to have a sleepover with Amelia! Yay! :3. 2 fun things in one day, WOW! Well, I have to go to meet Toni. Bye!

P.S. I bringing you just I’m probably not going to write.


Sep. 7 2008, 3:49 p.m. ,


Dear Diary, 

Now I’m driving in the car over to Amelia’s house. And I decided to write. Here is what happened at Toni’s house. We played 7 games Mario Kart. Then, we played 8 rounds of Hiding and Seek. Next, I told him I had a Diary and he said he would keep it a secret. Finally, I had to leave. I had a lot of fun. Now it’s time to have an ultimate sleepover at Amelia’s house. See you later!



Sep. 8, 2008, 12:00 a.m. ,


Dear Diary,

It’s midnight and Amelia is asleep so I decided to write. We really did have an ultimate sleepover! We had a pillow fight, we had pizza, we watched a movie, and we told secrets. Amelia said that she has a crush. And I said I hang out with a boy. Then, she asked me who was my other BFF because she was gone. I said Toni the boy I was talking about and she said a girl named Kat. Wow! She told me about her Middle school and it’s way different than mine. At her school, she has to wear a uniform and I don’t and she has to read 5 books in one week and I have to read 5 chapters in one week. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow.

 P.S. Amelia doesn’t know about you.



Sep. 8, 2008, 11:57


Dear Diary,

Hey! Did you think I would forget you? NO, I wouldn’t forget you. Well, now I’m in the car and writing to you. I have to go to Titans game now (>o<). Yes, the one my mom brought me to the mall for. I still mad her for that! Well, see you tomorrow! 

P.S. Yes it’s Monday and yes we don’t have school.


Sep. 9, 2008, 7:56


Dear Diary,

It’s in school again. Yay! I get to see all my friends. Well, I only have one friend, Toni. But still Yay! Well, I have to go to school early because my mom has to go to a job interview. So I’ll see you after school. Bye!


Sep. 9, 2008, 5:56


Dear Diary,

I really hoped you liked my first couple of days at middle school! They were the Best/Worst days of my Life.



          THE END!


April 10, 2020 15:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Peace Nakiyemba
21:48 Apr 15, 2020

I liked your story, Aubrey. You captured the mind of a middle-schooler perfectly; the friend and family drama and even school. Like that bit where they have to read 'A door to freedom' and the comparison with Amelia's school. Since you chose the first week of middle school to be your character's 'first', I would have loved to see a little more of school. Like what she hates, what was different from her expectations, what kids are generally like in middle school or little things like that. We see more of her life outside school but it st...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Vakula Surendar
05:14 Apr 17, 2020

You're story was really nice. It captured all the typical things middle schoolers would do. However, speaking as a middle schooler myself,I couldn't imagine writing in such an excited way. I would be a lot more descriptive and rant more. The simple writing style is perfect for the age, though. It was an amazing story. Kudos!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Aubrey Linder
20:45 Apr 11, 2020

Really love to have critiques so if you want to I will happily take them :3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Aubrey Linder
19:42 Apr 11, 2020

Hope u like my story

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.